Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Outward Appearances

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Compton

Re:

We all lose our innocence the moment we venture out into the world. Only children can afford to be innocent, but we can't be children forever can we?

Our life in Christ doesn't produce innocence, but purity. Innocence is naive to evil, while purity has known all too well the destructiveness of sin, and has overcome it in the heart by putting off the old self, and putting on the new self which is in the image of the Creator :-)

"Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature...You used to walk in these ways, in the life you once lived." Colossians 3.

(By the way, Susan Boyle seems rather sturdy to me ;-) )

MC

2009/5/30 19:54Profile

Re: Outward Appearances

She didn't win, either. This group did, but I don't know if this is the winning performance.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPcGy77Gru8]Diversity[/url]

2009/5/30 20:09
HeartSong

Re:

Oh that we as Christians would be so united in our diversity. This is what I long for but there is a purity of heart required that does not seem to be found on earth. If our hearts were all turned fully unto Him, we also would have perfect timing and placement. If we were all willing, He would make us able.

2009/5/30 23:51Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

After I posted my thoughts on Susan Boyle, I felt posters remorse.

I love to see handicapped people succeed because to start with they have a lot going against them. And lets face it: their performance in everyday life is not on par to the average person's. So, when I see one exceeding a normal person's, I will cheer them on. Such was my initial reaction.

However, I then did more checking on the web about this competition and I was aghast with the worldliness of it: the judges and the other performers. I cannot believe the Holy Spirit would have been present in that gathering, do you? If he is not there, why should I be?

These have been my thoughts after checking things out more...

Y'all have a blessed Lord's day!

ginnyrose

2009/5/31 9:02Profile
Compton

Re:

Quote:
posters remorse

I know the feeling well. :roll:

2009/5/31 9:50Profile

Re: Outward appearances

HeartSong wrote,

Quote:
If we were all willing, He would make us able.

I find this comment quite challenging.
Quote:
our hearts were all turned fully unto Him, we also would have perfect timing and placement.

This speaks of a body (the body), in good active health.

It seems to me that mostly the Head, the torso and limbs are willing; maybe even able; but they find themselves being guided by [i]wayward feet[/i] (false teachers, false prophets, businessmen of religion, and unregenerate preachers), instead of God-fearing, Word-abiding, fruit-of-the-Spirit-bearing elders promoted from among flocks of true members of Christ.

2009/5/31 10:21
Tinaslims

Outward appearences

Jesus was innocent, and He wasn't a child forever. However He was perfect we are told to have the mind of Christ. If we truly become dead to self this in itself secures our innocence and produces purity.

When sin is committed it means we have placed self before what God wants.

2009/6/1 20:55Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy