SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : An introduction and brief testimony

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

An introduction and brief testimony

Hi, I'm William. Messiah Yeschua/Jesus the Christ is my Lord. He died for my sins and rose again. I can't put into words how much I love Him and just want to serve Him.
I have one of those amazing testimonies. I've experienced all kinds of reactions from negative to encouraging to indifferent. I really don't know what to share, since there's so much I could. I guess I'll simply start off with how I first met my Lord.

I was about 19 and living with my mom and my then girlfriend, who is now the mother of some of my children. One day we got into an argument which got way out of hand. I ended up calling the old Clinton Township Police Department on 15 mile between Harper and Gratiot. I say old because a few years ago they built a new one. Well they arrested me and took me to the police station. When we got there they booked me for Domestic Violence, processed me, and placed me in a holding cell.
I was in there all alone. I don't think that this was my first time in jail, actually I know it wasn't. There was no one else in the holding cell, and seemed like there was no one else in the other cells either. They must have all been moved to the Sheriff's Department by the time I got there.
After a little while in the holding cell, lying on the concrete slab with a yellow paper and plastic blanket, I started to get angry and upset. I remember being so mad at my mom, my girlfriend, the world, and even God. I was crying and raging and was so mad that I yelled at God. I yelled at Him, "Why are you doing this to me?!?!?" As soon as I said that, something happened.
All of a sudden I found myself standing up and over my face/vision there appeared to be some sort of veil. I couldn't really see through it. all that I could make out where figures of light. It was kind of like looking directly at a bright light with a blanket over one's face. I could sense that I wasn't alone and could hear voices talking, though it wasn't like hearing voices. It was more like hearing the thoughts of others. It was much more intimate and honest than any form of communication which I had experienced before. In heaven our minds will be open to each other and there is no need to use a physical voice. All we have to do is 'think' to each other.
Well as I was standing there trying to figure out what was going on, I heard a voice unlike any I had ever heard before in my life. This voice sounded like Niagara Falls would if it were to talk. This was the 'voice of thundering waters'. He said to me, "Why are you asking me this?" The power in His voice is unbelievable. He didn't yell because He doesn't have to. The feeling was one of the most scray which I have ever experienced. It was kind of like the times when I had messed up at home and knew that I was going to getting a whoopin', but on another scale. It wasn't like I was in danger of a whoopin' it was more like my very existence could have been snuffed out. This voice didn't just get through to me, it actually penetrated my very being. That's the only way I know how to describe it. After He spoke, that was all that He said. Instead of getting the consequence which I felt was coming, He just let me stand there.
After hearing His voice, I couldn't really think clearly. I was in shock. But I could hear the voices resume their conversations and remember that they were talking about me. From what I could make out, they were waiting for me to do something. But it was more than they were waiting for me to do something. They seemed to be looking forward to me beginning some kind of task which they were eagerly waiting for. I didn't know what they were talking about, but I know that it seemed it was something which they all couldn't wait to take place. Then after what seemed to be no more than a minute, I suddenly found myself back in the jail cell.
I was no longer freaking out, but was in shock still. I simply laid there on the concrete going over and over what had just happened to me. I got out of jail later that day and told a few people. But as the days became weeks and eventually months turning into 7 years, I forgot about what had happened and continued to be one of the lost, just wandering around in the world looking for what I didn't know.
About 7 years after that experience, I found myself homeless, living on the streets of Metro-Detroit. It was the lowest point i had fallen to in my life. I had been homeless before, but never with so little going for me as I had then. But it was then that I found myself sitting on a park bench one day saying, "Lord, I give up." I was baptized in His Holy Spirit, though I didn't understand what was happening to me at the time. Then my walk with Him truly began.

2009/4/11 12:23
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: An introduction and brief testimony

Great to have you registered on the website. May the Lord bless you and enourage you as you seek more of Him. If you haven't yet do listen to these life-changing messages:

[b]Reality in the Christian Life by Zac Poonen[/b]
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=4272

[b]Ten Shekels and a Shirt by Paris Reidhead[/b]
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=282

[b]An Interview with Leonard Ravenhill (video) by Leonard Ravenhill[/b]
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=1702

[b]Judgment Seat of Christ by Leonard Ravenhill[/b]
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=235

2009/4/11 12:58Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

William, and now I await to hear the rest of the story - as Paul Harvey used to say! I would love to hear it. What happened to your family?

God still works in mysterious way his wonders to perform...

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2009/4/11 13:51Profile

Re:

Thank you for the welcome.

My family really had a hard time swallowing the things which have happened to me. I really haven't been around them too much since i began my walk with our Lord. The Lord has had me move all around the country quite a bit. Most of my family is in Michigan, while I'm currently in California. But I do talk to them all quite a bit.

I really have a seemingly unusual testimony and don't want to come off as bragging or seeking attention so I really don't know what else to share. But I'm open to answering any questions.?.?

2009/4/11 14:02
Vakugal

Bangalore, India

Hi William,

good to hear your testimony.
I would definitly like to hear more. When was this Holy Spirit baptism?
Do tell us more about how those days of "walk with HIM were."
Where do you go to church nowdays? what are you currently doing?
Well do forgive me if the questions may seem personal, you need not answer it. But I guess these would definitely encourage us.
I would share a link with you of Willie Mulan who had a very powerful conversion story
[url=http://www.preachtheword.com/sermon/williemullan.shtml]Testimony of Willie Mullan[/url]
I was also encourged in the manner in which he gave his testimony. It was a learning for me. Hope you are also encouraged.

2009/4/11 14:41Profile

Re:

Quote:
I would definitly like to hear more. When was this Holy Spirit baptism?

I was baptized in the Holy Spirit during my last major case of homelessness. I was sitting on a park bench and for some reason said, "Lord, I give up." Then I felt a blanket of peace come over me. At the time I didn't know what had happened to me. It wasn't until a couple of months later that I learned where the things that I had begun experiencing came from.

Quote:
Where do you go to church nowdays?

I don't officially 'go to church'. That concept has been long gone from me. I am currently visiting with a group of people who fellowship in their home. I've been out of the 'institutional system' for a few years now and only return when I am sent.

Quote:
what are you currently doing?

Lol, sometimes I wonder. I feel that I'm currently waiting for instructions concerning His next step for me. I'm putting together my won website/discussion forum. I'm enjoying time with my wife and new born son. But my heart tells me that I'm waiting for the opportunity to really be working towards the burden/task which He has given me.

You have no need to worry about asking too personal of questions. Our testimonies and lives should really, for the most part, be open books to one another and I appreciate those who care enough to want toget to know me more than superficially. Blessings and hugs to you.

2009/4/11 14:52

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy