Recently, two "famous Christian Evangelical Leaders" went again on Larry King and shared their thoughts about life, etc. I saw two anti-Christ fools jocking to be the next "focused evangelical leader" ; which entails money and power being received for the position of "number one" evangelical leader in the US.
The Osteens stated that President Obama is a "great Christian" . Joel Osteen said "I know he loves the Lord and I think it is important that he has convictions from his faith". The statement was very interesting because after President Obama took office he allowed more money for abortions, is a full supporter of gay marriage, etc. My question is what "faith" is Osteen talking about?? Where is this "faith" from the Bible that allows one to head in that direction? I thought God was against sin? Is not abortion and homosexuality sin and do they (plus other behaviors) result in spiritual death?
Joel Osteen was asked by Larry King a few years ago "Is Jesus Christ the only way to heaven?" He wouldnt answer it, he kept wavering. But what did Jesus say in John 14:6, "I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father except through me!". Jesus said He is the ONLY way, but Osteen a "Your Best Life Now" "Preacher" motivational (for profit) speaker, couldnt answer the simple question Larry King asked him?? And now he wants to have "A Night of Hope" at the Yankees stadium. If I remember my Scriptures correctly, Jesus Christ is our Hope and ONLY Hope and He doesn't come in one night but is around all the time!!!
Rick Warren was also interviewed. Mr. "Purpose Driven Church/Life" was asked by Larry King about homosexuality, and Warren stated that "I am anti anti-gay marriage. I didnt have a position on Prop 8 last year in CA. I apologized to my gay friends for stating publicly at the last minute of my support for Prop 8." Prop 8 was a ban against gay marriage inc CA and for 2 years there was no support from Warren until a week or two before when he got called out. Then he supported it reluctantly. If Rick Warren is "anti-anti-gay marriage" then one can conclude that he is supportive of gay marriage. He stated to Larry King, "that is not my agenda, my agenda is Rwanda". What is God's agenda? I agree that homosexuality is only one aspect of what God has condemned but if you cant oppose it, then what do you oppose?? When does a "man of God" call his "gay friends" to apologize to them for opposing their anti-god spirit of telling God that their sinful life is valid as marriage??
It is sad that in churches, we dont preach and teach God's word anymore on all issues. We are not in apostolic mode but in apostasy mode. Ray Comfort was right when he recently stated that "the fear of God" is not found or preached anymore. Yes, God is full of love but He is also full of justice and HE IS HOLY!!! He wants men and women to turn from their sins by repenting of it and returning to Him so He can provide true life and peace through Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.
The result of our sexual and materialistic lusts in the evangelical/fundamental churches have resulted in positions that in direction contradiction to the word of God.
- displayed pride/arrogance instead of humility.
- enjoyed complacency instead of hard work.
- removed ourselves from serious Prayer and pushed ourself towards PowerPoint.
- leaders falling due to adultery, sex, pornography.
- embraced abortion and homosexuality by not confronting it.
- have not confronted sin and want to be "nice" and "seeker friendly"
- allowed adultery to expand in the church especially when God said to believers that except for divorce (that is worst case) no divorce or you will be living in adultery.
- developed churches to be "purpose driven" and "seeker frien dly" as cover to develop large amounts of financial success.
- 88% of our kids do not return to church after the first year when they go to secular colleges; they have never been challenged to live their faith only to "think" about it.
- 59% of evangelical/fundamental church attendees believe that there are many ways to heaven. Contr adicting Christ in John 14:6
- continued disunity through classism, racism, etc. through separated worship practices or behaviors within church walls.
- succumbed to the culture on how to deal with church. (e.g. use business models to produce "efficiency", training leaders to be like CEOs, Presidents, Kings instead of being leaders like Jesus Christ, Moses, Joshua, allowing women to be Pastors when the Bible doesnt allow it, etc.)
We are called to return to Jesus Christ, to obey and trust Him !! I know it is not easy, life is hard, life is brutal also, but God is faithful if we would just return to Him and let the Holy Spirit lead us into being "Holy" as Jesus is Holy. God loves us and I know that even more today. We all go through battles and sometimes want to give up, but dont give up for God is faithful. Yes there are many "Anti-Christ Evangelicals" out there, Judas Iscariot was one of them and so is anyone who puts on an image of Christ but deep inside does not surrender to and obey Christ; in reality obeys the devil by focusing on our own desires, lusts, agendas.
Lets stop the process of being an "Anti-Christ Evangelical" and become a Pro-Christ Evangelical believer. The Holy Spirit will lead us to be bold in all areas for God's Kingdom. He will help us understand and discern the times we are living in. He will help us to know God's word and not man's word. I conclude by saying what Jesus Christ said that "if the world loves you, it hates me". Warren, Osteen, etc are loved by the world. The question is "Are you?"
If you want salvation and want to be with God, please remember what Jesus said in Matthew 10:22, "All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved." So stand firm, with the Holy Spirit's help, until the end of your time and you will be saved!!! Praise God!!! God Bless You!