SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Something is wrong . . .

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Compton

Re:

I certainly understand feeling "disconcerted".

However, I think before we draw any conclusions, we need to attempt to add quantitative descriptions to what we are feeling.

For instance, a few years ago my wife and children were home during an afternoon tornado warning. At one point, seemingly because of a mothers instincts, she grabbed the little ones up in her arms and ran down into the basement. Just as she shut the door she heard the loud crash of a large tree falling in on the house.

She called me from the basement shaken but fine. I asked her how did she know to run downstairs? In the moment she wanted to attribute her actions to an inward feeling...but after some reflection she remembered. "I suddenly heard what sounded like a rushing train getting louder."

She was reacting to something real and not imagined. That's what true discernment is. Discernment of danger is not the sense of fear or suspicion, but identifying or recognizing the cause of the threat. Discernment is hearing or seeing or smelling something that is as real as a material object, even if it is spiritual in nature.

True discernment is not responding to feelings, but seeing and calling out the object of that danger. In ancient times, a watchman did not call out feelings, but announced the sightings of visible threats. If he sounds the alarm because he 'sensed' something that wasn't there, I'm sure he wouldn't have kept his job for very long. At least that is the way it was, when people needed to be much more practical about the job of a watchman.

This is especially true for leadership. Leaders can never be led by or lead on feelings, even if they term those feelings "discernment".

dunlow64God, if you are feeling disconcerted, there is probably a reason why. You should try to identify and articulate those things, and not the feelings:)

Blessings,

MC

2009/4/10 12:09Profile
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Re: Something is wrong . . .

Quote:

HeartSong wrote:
Something is terribly wrong, but I can't seem to put my finger on it.

Is anybody else sensing that something is wrong?

(This being something other than all of the things that are so clearly obvious)

I think the Lord has been giving out plenty of warnings for people to get their houses in order.

Last week I threw out around 200 dvd's I just can't watch secular movies anymore,(I have been meaning to do that for several months now) I kept some family oriented things, but most went into the dumpster. I stopped watching TV around a year ago, I can't watch TV either, except for the news sometimes, my choice...

Judgement is coming, not just to the USA but to every nation on earth. The whore of babylon will fall, but the Bride of the Lamb will rise. How does one prepare for the end of an age that ends with the judgement of God? ...repentance from worldliness and sin.

I know that there are not many that believe in the gift of prophecy, but I will do it anyway even if I take slack for doing so. I wrote this out some time ago and posted it on another forum, to preach repentance, but it is still relevant...even here on this forum.

The Spirit of God is telling His church to repent...be ashamed of your sins and repent.

Have you ever had a prophet prophesy to you? God give us repentence.

Forget signs and wonders...A true move of the Spirit of God calls/leads us to repentence away from sin, a true move of God leads us to humilty of mind and spirit, contriteness, gentleness and purity of heart and soul, and to view each other better then ourselves, and that the love of God that burns in our hearts through the Holy Spirit constrains us to love God with a burning and ravishing love and to love one another. The New Testament teaches us many things about holy living and what God has called us to. It is written that signs and wonders will follow those who believe, not those who believe will follow after signs and wonders. Repentance...Lord lead us to repentance.

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me while I am writing this; He is indicting that it is time to purify ourselves and to turn our hearts to God, [b]and to get ready while there is still time;[/b] I know I am not alone in seeing this. It appears that some will not be ready when the trumpet blows...the Lord grant to us repentance, before the great and terrible day of God's judgement comes.

If I were a prophet I would say (and I say this to myself first and foremost, because this was me and I choose to humble myself and repent, and because I am perhaps the worst possible prodigal son) - Hear the what the Spirit of God is saying to some believers (His church) in this hour, but mostly to me:

The Spirit of the Lord says: Why have you turned away you wicked, from doing righteousness to become evil, and to take so lightly that which I have called you to. You walked so perfectly, and I extolled you, and loved you, and revealed myself to you...what did hinder you so, so that you sinned against me a terrible sin, and have become complacent and worthless and lazy, and worldly, full of sin, bickering, bitterness and strife? - you eat much, but you are not satisfied, you have gained much possesions and are rich, but you are very poor in faith, but you -- you have not been steadfast, nor done the commandments of the Lord, but you have turned away and have not walked in my ways, but have walked in the ways of this world, instead of the ways of the Lord your God.

Humble yourselves, therefore, into the mighty hands of God, and return to me says the Lord, and I will heal your broken heart (that was perfect before me, but now is broken), and I will forgive you for your backslidings and for your sins. Return to me oh wayward one, and repent, and I will bless you with my Holy Spirit, that you should walk in my ways. Walk with me now and repent of your sins, and be holy, for I am holy says the Lord.

Separate yourselves from the world...for the time is short now, and the day is at hand...purify your hearts you double minded and cleanse your hands you sinners and ask for repentance...repent therefore, lest when He comes, He finds you sleeping, and turns and tears you to pieces. Return to the God of your salvation and - Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him. Turn back, turn back oh you wicked and defiled.

How shall we escape God's judgement, if we neglect so great a salvation and count His Son's sacrifice as unworthy by the works we do, and how we live our lives in this world?

The Jugement of God is about to begin and it begins at the House of God - which must occur before He judges the world. - For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? 1 Peter 4:17

Grant us repentance oh God, and remember us according to your mercy, and forgive us for our sins and for our backsliding, and remember them no more; wash us and we will be clean. Allow us the foundation of repentance, and allow us a broken and contrite and humble spirit within us...so that we may repent, so that we may return to you Oh Lord, fully with a pure heart, and with clean and undeflied and holy hands. Grant to us, oh Lord, the gift of your Holy Spirit, and purify us from the world. Through Jesus Christ our Lord - Amen.

God gives grace to the humble, and is near to those who are of a broken and contrite spirit before him. Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.

To the body of Christ: "hereby we know that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit."

2009/4/10 12:34Profile
fuehrerbe21

Wisconsin

HeartSong,

I noticed you wrote your post on Passover.

Yesterday, my soul was heavy. Last night was the night that we remember the betrayal, suffering and death of Christ.

My sister also flew in from North Carolina, and my heart was burdened to share the gospel with her. We sat up until 3 in the morning discussing the Gospel. Oh, how my soul leaps and rejoices at the opportunity to share the Good News with my sister.

I don't want to go onto a tangent, but I guess my encouragement to you is, if something is going to happen, if this is it, let's go out fighting!

Rejoice in the saving grace of our Lord and Savior! "I once was lost, but now am found. Was blind but now I see."

Praise God that my heart has been turned to a heart of flesh and my eyes have been opened to the truth of God's Word!

As someone else has already said, "I'll see you on the other side..." :-)

2009/4/10 12:34Profile
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Re:

Quote:

Jesus-is-GOD wrote:

Yes, I believe that running to and fro and reading every dream {every one has one), and the interpretations and thus saith the Lord's is actually meant by the enemy to cause fear amongst the Lord's people.

I rarely read much besides brother Wilkerson's, Leonard Ravenhill's, and Art Katz' solid words prayed through.

Why not bring the water to the dry and thirsty places, and stop this hauling water to the sea? Can you not bring the word of God to other christian-forums who are looking for a word of truth to be spoken to them. GO out into the world and preach the message of this gospel...even if they don't want to hear it. Can you do this for the love of humanity or not?

2009/4/10 12:56Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Quote:
I noticed you wrote your post on Passover.

Thank you fuehrerbe21, I did not realize that it was Passover. That must be what the "weight" was - oh how solemn it must be in the heavenlies when such things are brought forth.

The Lord has been putting forth signals that I am to "walk away" and not look back. But the problem is that I do not know where He would have me to go and I wonder if I have sufficiently prepared for those that I will be leaving behind. While I have promised Him that all that I am is His, my flesh screams for that which it has always known. It is disconcerting to see that I still have desire for that which I know to be perishing.

Words can not describe the joy and comfort that I have found in my Lord - but others can neither see, or hear, and the crisis is fast approaching. Since my eyes have been opened I have not believed in the rapture - yet recently He has assured me that His beauty and light will prevail and that somehow the pleasure and the pain are the same.

Lately, when I look at others, it is as if they are turtles that have withdrawn into their shells, fearfully peering out and hoping it will all go away. But it will not go away, for the evil has come to stay - and still the people will not pray.

As I wrap myself in His love, my soul is comforted in the knowledge of all that He has shown Himself to be, and my heart is secure in the fact that all that I need is Him.

2009/4/10 14:59Profile

Re:

Brother Earendel, you are quoting the sister I was quoting.

Quote:

Earendel wrote:
Quote:

Jesus-is-GOD wrote:

Yes, I believe that running to and fro and reading every dream {every one has one), and the interpretations and thus saith the Lord's is actually meant by the enemy to cause fear amongst the Lord's people.

I rarely read much besides brother Wilkerson's, Leonard Ravenhill's, and Art Katz' solid words prayed through.

Why not bring the water to the dry and thirsty places, and stop this hauling water to the sea? Can you not bring the word of God to other christian-forums who are looking for a word of truth to be spoken to them. GO out into the world and preach the message of this gospel...even if they don't want to hear it. Can you do this for the love of humanity or not?

I agree with the sister you quoted from my post.
Brother, could you calm down just a wee bit. We're not your enemies here. We serve HIM. We're Family. You don't know us all yet, so take the time to get to know us first - OK?

I really don't want to join any other forum. I feel safe here with the Classics as our Foundation.

GOD may be calling you there, but please know that some of us 'are' in the ministry and may not have time to twist arms on other forums.
That may very well be your calling - I don't doubt that nor would I ever fault you for that, at all.

HIS PEACE & HIS Love to you! And a smile in Christ from me.

2009/4/10 18:29
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Re:

Quote:

Jesus-is-GOD wrote:
Brother Earendel, you are quoting the sister I was quoting.

Quote:

Earendel wrote:
Quote:

Jesus-is-GOD wrote:

I agree with the sister you quoted from my post.
Brother, could you calm down just a wee bit. We're not your enemies here. We serve HIM. We're Family. You don't know us all yet, so take the time to get to know us first - OK?

I really don't want to join any other forum. I feel safe here with the Classics as our Foundation.

GOD may be calling you there, but please know that some of us 'are' in the ministry and may not have time to twist arms on other forums.
That may very well be your calling - I don't doubt that nor would I ever fault you for that, at all.

HIS PEACE & HIS Love to you! And a smile in Christ from me.

I have tried to minister to others in other places.

Here is an example of one those other forums that you alluded to in one of your posts that is a bad place to go...none the less, I shared the gospel there.

I started by reproving some supposed Christians, for railing on a person's past sins. I soon realized that the person had not repented, but looked to justify their sin. In the end, I felt a little ashamed of myself, because I felt I was being too judgmental to this person. In the end, I wish I had a little more of the love of Christ in me when dealing with him. Christ did not exclude Himself from sinners, but died them. The site is down, but lofi version works for reading.

Here is what happened (any words of advice in how I could have dealt with it would be appreciated)

http://www.christian-forum.net/lofiversion/index.php?t28983.html

2009/4/10 19:30Profile

Re:

Quote:
(any words of advice in how I could have dealt with it would be appreciated)

Same as the advise above. Get to know folks before you post to them. Whether it be a rebuke or an encouragement.
Text communicating for fellowship is the hardest thing on earth. I'm convinced of that and why I say again - take time to get to know the ones you're typing to by reading their other posts first and more. Ask Him to give you the patience & understanding to get to know who you're speaking to and what they believe or are going through, in order to know how to answer - as best as humanly possible in this format.
Very difficult format for getting to "know" folks. Have to keep that in mind - that's all.

His Peace to you always.

2009/4/10 20:15
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Re:

Quote:

Jesus-is-GOD wrote:
Quote:
(any words of advice in how I could have dealt with it would be appreciated)

Same as the advise above. Get to know folks before you post to them. Whether it be a rebuke or an encouragement.
Text communicating for fellowship is the hardest thing on earth. I'm convinced of that and why I say again - take time to get to know the ones you're typing to by reading their other posts first and more. Ask Him to give you the patience & understanding to get to know who you're speaking to and what they believe or are going through, in order to know how to answer - as best as humanly possible in this format.
Very difficult format for getting to "know" folks. Have to keep that in mind - that's all.

His Peace to you always.

Did the Apostle Paul get to know the folks on Mars Hill before he preached to them the gospel? I will obey the Holy Spirit in all things brother.

2009/4/10 20:31Profile
MattC

Cali.

ive been feeling very strange lately. ive been having these illusions the tv is talking directly to my, and with that it makes me believe that i am Jesus, or even neo (the one) from the matrix.

i also feel that god is tying to break through to me, and i know that hes God, and (i think) when he wants to hell will, but then again i know that it says in the bible today is the day for salvation, so i really dont know whats going on with that one.

i need to go talk to a pastor, although i cant really, i get extremely paranoid in the public eye,

God please break through to me. All of us.

2009/4/10 22:42Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy