SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Out-of-wedlock births hit record high

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread

Clint

You been waiting a long time for this rebuke Clint? Well now you made it I was speaking my heart, and what you call "spilling my guts" is me being transparent.

and what you indicate in your post, is that you been laying for me a long time, and why?

Quote:
I have read many of your comments on many other threads and have restrained myself from commenting, but this one crosses the line big time.

why was that? Because I condemned an illegal ill thought out war? You think I'm a dove? or as you later say, "liberal"? Think what you want.

Quote:
The theology that you have displayed in this thread, and victim-ology sounds like something off of Oprah, certainly not from the New Testament.

Quote:
please, spare us the liberal lectures...

thats the one Clint..."spare us your liberal lectures"...that lets me know, how bad you been laying for me, it all just added up, huh? Can't disagree with anybody, can I? NO, because according to you I'm just a person who is not only "liberal", but a person who

Quote:
post what you have, here and in many other places where a civil discussion has been interrupted by the spilling of your guts and self-righteous rebukes?

"self-righteous"?

and here's where you and I differ, what you wrote:
Quote:
You have your baggage and have let it all hang out... that is your privilege/shame,

thats right Clint, because I have no pride as you accuse me of, I thought among the saints was EXACTLY the place where you could "let it all hang out",as you call it, I call it transparency, obviously you disagree.

I was stunned by Greg's original post. Just as you have been watching and reading my posts, I have been watching and reading many posts (not by you) and that was where I found it all crossed the line, and it didnt matter whether it was a poster with 150 posts, or a moderator, or the owner of this website, that post of Greg's crossed the line big time with me, just as my last one with you did. Because I was thinking to myself, why would anyone fret over children NOT being aborted?...even if they came from single mother's? I know the answer to that question, and maybe my post was intemperate, as yours is now, but I never adressed a single person as you did me, nor did I accuse all posters of what you say I did. I have dear brothers and brothers on this forum, who I communicate off this forum. But you can call me any theologically insulting name that comes to your mind, because I happen to disagree with you, or Greg or anybody else.

Heaven forbid I disagree with the othrodoxy, whether it be religious or political, right? Heaven forbid, I "spill my guts", or "let it all hang out", trying to be true,real, and transparent, right.

That isnt how Christians act, right?

2009/4/16 11:50

Lil Sis

you're wrong,

Quote:
Neil if you don't mind me saying it almost seems like you looking for a fight

I'm not, I was stunned that Greg put that post up because to me anychild that escapes the abortion mill is a blessing..even if 72% of them are black..and we dont know each other, but you wrote this:

Quote:
While you were against Bush and the war I have not heard you speak out against president obama for his pushing the abortion legislation.

I sat three feet away from then Senator Obama at a dinner table and told him, "I think abortion is murder, plain and simple". believe it or not. I just never had the same opportunity with President Bush regarding Iraq.

thank you for your good wishes on the day, God bless you too, neil

2009/4/16 12:03

White Stone

I'm going to write you a PM. Two things, I'll probably be banished by Greg, because Bro Clint is a well respected member of this forum, and secondly, I'm done with this thread. Its been very very illuminating.

2009/4/16 12:07
wind_blows

Re: Lil Sis

Hey Neil

You said:I sat three feet away from then Senator Obama at a dinner table and told him, "I think abortion is murder, plain and simple". believe it or not. I just never had the same opportunity with President Bush regarding Iraq.

If you don't mind me asking what was his response? I really am interested to know. Also wondering why you did not share that here before, why just the rant about Bush? Your post came across as attacking Bush, defending Obama???(again maybe just some food for thought)

You also said that you were stunned by Gregs posting the article. Did you ever just ask him about the article and his motivation for posting it or did you just react. I know that there are times when I just react and in all honesty most of those times are in the flesh and not if His will. I asked once before and if I may ask again(don't want you to feel as if I am harassing you) do you think that Greg is not thankful for those saved lives as well. I know that I am.
I don't care how many of them are black, white, yellow, or what ever. I am just glad that they are not being aborted:-) For the record I think the best way to reach people that are living in sin is to share the truth of Jesus with them, to shine the love of the Lord on them and to get involved in their lives(if they want it) to mentor and help them daily walk out that life we have in Jesus. Paul Washer does a teaching on this and it is awesome.

I just want to say that if you have not spoken with Greg it is clear you have a greivance with him and we are told not to let the sun go down if we have a problem with are brother. If you have not already I would encourage you to be in touch with him so that you don't let the enemy have a foot hold in your life over this.

Thanks for the blessings.
Take care Neil
Your little sis in Him
Elizabeth(this is not my real name because I was taught not to give out to much info on the world wide web, but it is a nickname that I often go by:-)

PS I read you were done with this thread so I will send it in a PM to just in case you are not reading the thread anymore:-)

2009/4/16 12:36Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re: Clint

Quote:
That isnt how Christians act, right?

Neil,

How do Christians act? Has anyone ever explained to you what repentance is? Have you ever discovered it in the Bible in your personal study?

In the book of I Corinthians Paul strongly rebuked them for sexual immorality. Did they have an attitude of defending it because it “wasn’t as bad as murder”??? No! They REPENTED:

2 Corinthians 7:8 For though I made you sorry with a letter, I do not repent, though I did repent: for I perceive that the same epistle hath made you sorry, though it were but for a season.
9 Now I rejoice, not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance: for ye were made sorry after a godly manner, that ye might receive damage by us in nothing.
10 For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.
11 For behold this selfsame thing, that ye sorrowed after a godly sort, what carefulness it wrought in you, yea, what clearing of yourselves, yea, what indignation, yea, what fear, yea, what vehement desire, yea, what zeal, yea, what revenge! In all things ye have approved yourselves to be clear in this matter.

They were SO UPSET AT THEMSELVES for having been guilty of their sin that they had zeal and revenge against it. After such SORROW for their sin gripped their hearts, they were SO ASHAMED of what they had done.

I believe that that is the attitude of most people on SI. We are SO ashamed of the sins that we committed! We feel like SUCH WORMS for having participated in the crucifying of the innocent Son of God. If we talk about the sins of our past, it is under a shadow of INTENSE SHAME. If that shame ever leaves us, we need to examine ourselves. 2 Cor 13:5

We get alarmed at the news of the spread of sin. Does it not break your heart that people are committing fornication? Does it not move you to tears that people are sinning against the love that God expressed on Calvary? When we start comparing sins . . . making big sins and little sins . . . making fornication “not as bad” as murder . . . we take away the reality of God’s anger for ALL sin!!! ALL types of sin are what cost Jesus his life! I am ashamed of my participation in nailing Him to the cross, and it grieves me that 40% of the mothers in this country feel no shame for nailing Him too.

2009/4/16 13:05Profile

Re:

Quote:
by Lordoitagain:

I believe that that is the attitude of most people on SI. We are SO ashamed of the sins that we committed! We feel like SUCH WORMS for having participated in the crucifying of the innocent Son of God. If we talk about the sins of our past, it is under a shadow of INTENSE SHAME. If that shame ever leaves us, we need to examine ourselves. 2 Cor 13:5

As they say, 'you nailed it' Brother.

I can't share my testimony unless The LORD give me 'strong' indication to do so, to and For the unsaved.

You nailed it Brother.

2009/4/16 13:57
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

Amen, Brother:

Alas! and did my Savior bleed
And did my Sovereign die?
Would He devote that sacred head
For such a worm as I?

Thy body slain, sweet Jesus, Thine—
And bathed in its own blood—
While the firm mark of wrath divine,
His Soul in anguish stood.

Was it for crimes that I had done
He groaned upon the tree?
Amazing pity! grace unknown!
And love beyond degree!

Well might the sun in darkness hide
And shut his glories in,
When Christ, the mighty Maker died,
For man the creature’s sin.

Thus might I hide my blushing face
While His dear cross appears,
Dissolve my heart in thankfulness,
And melt my eyes to tears.

But drops of grief can ne’er repay
The debt of love I owe:
Here, Lord, I give my self away
’Tis all that I can do.

Refrain
At the cross, at the cross where I first saw the light,
And the burden of my heart rolled away,
It was there by faith I received my sight,
And now I am happy all the day!

Were you there when they crucified my Lord?
Oh! Sometimes it causes me to tremble, tremble, tremble.

Were you there when they nailed Him to the tree?

Were you there when they laid Him in the tomb?

Yes, I was there. I can't lightly talk about those acts that I did that caused His pain. Great remorse. Great shame. Great gratitude for His forgiveness.

One time I was in an office where I worked with several other employees. They were discussing a horrible situation that they had seen in the news about a man who had HIV and knowingly infected about 150 women with it. I was in full agreement with the horribleness of that man's evil, but then I turned the conversation a little. I stated that it was also HORRIBLE that all of those ladies committed fornication with him. When I said that, one would have thought that I had spoken some kind of blasphemy. Several of them started "attacking" me for saying such a thing.

One of the ladies said: "I do my fornicating, but I ask the Lord to forgive me".

I was SHOCKED to hear such a statement! Such a HORRIBLE misconception of God's forgiveness! Until there is true repentance, God doesn't promise forgiveness.

People with such flippant attitudes about sin have never really seen the cross. One glimpse of what He did on that tree is enough love to make any temptation to sin die! The cross is the cure for fornication, or any other sin, but one must see sin for what it is!

Isaiah 53:4  ¶Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
5  But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Shall I crucify my Savior,
When for me He bore such loss?
Shall I put to shame my Savior,
Can I nail Him to the cross?

Shall I crucify my Savior?
Crucify my Lord again.
Once, O once, I crucified Him!
Shall I crucify again?

Are temptations so alluring,
Do their pleasures so enthrall;
That I cannot love my Savior,
Well enough to meet them all?

'Twas my sins that crucified Him,
Shall they crucify Him yet;
Blackest day of nameless anguish,
Can my thankless soul forget?

O, the kindly hands of Jesus,
Pouring blessings on all men;
Bleeding, nail scarred hands of Jesus,
Can I nail them once again?

Shall I crucify my Savior?
Crucify my Lord again.
Shall I crucify again?

Shall I crucify again?

2009/4/16 18:59Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

There is a DVD I would highly recommend to anyone who has been able to forgive himself/herself for having their child aborted. The title is "The Massacre of Innocence". I would also recommend it to anyone but be warned: it may challenge your comfort zone.

Eric Holmberg is the creator of "Massacre of Innocence", which was developed out of his own experience of having a child of his aborted.

This DVD is graphic and gut-wrenching. It can be purchased on eBay. You can also google Eric Holmberg and find his website where it is also offered for sale.

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2009/4/16 22:30Profile

Re: to Dear Greg Gordon

I haved sinned against you in more than one way, and I beg your forgiveness. I sinned via my intemperate language, I have sinned by slander, and by assumption against you. I have sinned by letting a night go by without making amends. I have sinned by making public, what should have been expressed in private, and I beg your forgiveness.

My heartache is that I let time go by without making as such, but as we all know, I'm the not brightest bulb on the tree, the sharpest knife in the drawer....you get my meaning. I love you in the Lord, and will continue to pray for your ministry in this Gospel we hold to.

in contrition, your brother, neil

2009/4/19 10:36

To all, and to BroClint

To any who have read my participation in this thread and were offended, I ask your forgiveness.

My Brother Clint, I ask your forgiveness in that I stirred a spirit of anger in you, and I am so sorry, please forgive me.

In Jesus' love, neil

2009/4/19 10:39

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy