SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : People know they are sinners?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Rahman

Re: People know they are sinners?

KingJimmy ...

This is a great thread brother! ... And let me take this opportunity to say that if you keep having dreams about "preaching" Christ Gospel, then i'd deduce that you're supposed to "preach" Christ Gospel! ... And i'm hoping that there'll be a healthy dose of "fire and brimstone" in it! ... Amen

Brother Robert wrote;

--- The greater the hardness- the stronger the means needed to deal with it. This means increased unction and more potent message ---

Amen, but what is the "stronger means needed to deal with it" when God gets tired of talking? ...

Reprobates are something far different than the usual run of the mill sinner ... Reprobates are folk God has turned His back on, in fact given up on ...

Reprobates don't listen to reason, and today we live in a world, a country, a society full of reprobates ... Europe has completely dismissed God ... America magically rubs it's Bible three times in attempts of trotting Him out like some cosmic Genie only when she's in trouble ... It is STILL! a fearful thing to fall into the hands of an angry God, but not to much preaching is going on these days about God's anger, wrath, judgment, and the like ... America felt a twinge of this on 9/11, "i think God is trying to tell us something", and wham!, church attendance skyrocketed ... Then it got to be, "Hmmmmm was that God"? ... Then it got to be, " Nahhhhh that couldn't possibly be God, God's to nice, He'd never do/allow that, it was that crazy Bin Laden and his gang" ... And once it was all explained away wham!, back to business worse than before ... God help us!

How can folk be afraid when they're primarily getting a one sided cosmic Mr. Nice Guy, baby Jesus at Christmas, helplessly crucified on the cross in the Passion view of Jesus ... Whose proclaiming His now majestically sitting at the right hand of the Father status NOW!, with ALL POWER in His hands NOW!, just waiting on the word from the Father, to come back down here and mete out the fiery judgement on the vileness and unrepentant wickedness of this world? ... Who? ... Are you? ... i can tell you from personal experience right now, that for the most part, and i do mean the most part, when you do, you become anathema to both saved and unsaved alike ...

It is said that ignorance is bliss, and what you don't know can't hurt you ... Well saints you and i both know these are lies straight from the pit of hell ... But the world is determined to live by such lies, and much more sadly now are so many saints ...

Want to make yourself some real enemies in and outside of the church? ... Preach REPENTANCE and see what it gets you ...

Acts.28
[27] For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Tit. 1: 15 & 16
Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
[16] They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

Rom.1: 18-32
[18] For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
[19] Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
[20] For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
[21] Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
[22] Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
[23] And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
[24] Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
[25] Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
[26] For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
[27] And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
[28] And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
[29] Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
[30] Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
[31] Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
[32] Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

2Tim.3: 1-9
[1] This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
[2] For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
[3] Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
[4] Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
[5] Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
[6] For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
[7] Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
[8] Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
[9] But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was.

A great majority of folk ain't seeing, and they difinitley ain't into hearing about being
sinners ... We live in a world under strong delusion ... That only leaves the shock and awe of Divine judgment ... and according to the Revelation even this will not be enough to turn some ... Amazing, the power of delusion.

2004/8/18 14:04Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
Amen, but what is the "stronger means needed to deal with it" when God gets tired of talking

This is a good question Bro. Rahman, and I think the fear of the unknown of what exactly God is going to do is what sticks out in my mind. Matthew Henry once said that God is never at a loss for a means with which to punish a wicked and gainsaying people; His quiver is always full.

Quote:
Want to make yourself some real enemies in and outside of the church? ... Preach REPENTANCE and see what it gets you ...

I believe the revival we need is a revival of repentance towards God. I have preached repentance almost continually for 8 months in some form or another. I can answer one thing it has gotten me is great dispair and a reputation for being morose. :) It gets me a lot of soul searching and sleepless nights.

Quote:
That only leaves the shock and awe of Divine judgment ... and according to the Revelation even this will not be enough to turn some ... Amazing, the power of delusion.

Beloved lets keep preaching and pressing on no matter what this nation and world does! If they be annhilated let it not be said that theyw ere not fervently warned. Lets pray to God until their consciences become like a scorpion inside them if they don't repent (Ravinhill). Lets preach with eternity in our eyes!

2004/8/18 14:27Profile

Re:

I believe the average person is convinced of sin, but not everyone is convicted of sin. Most people are aware of the fact that at one point or anyother they had sinned. But not everyone is convicted as to how dangerous and sinful sin truly is. By the Law sin appears exceeding sinful. Not everyone who sins realizes that the punishment for all sin is divine judgment of everlasting damnation in hell eternal. To them, sinning once and awhile means that they aren't always very "nice" but they don't realize that their sin manes them evil. We must not every compromise in our preaching against sin. Some say "well not everyone needs to hear it". well those who need to hear it must hear it, and those who don't need to hear it certainly won't mind if they do.

jesse

2004/8/18 14:44
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
Some say "well not everyone needs to hear it". well those who need to hear it must hear it, and those who don't need to hear it certainly won't mind if they do.

Yes bro. Jesse! And what an opportunity to give God thanks for what he has saved us from as we hear these things afresh.

2004/8/18 14:52Profile
Rahman

Re:

Amen again Brother Robert! ... you posted;

--- I have preached repentance almost continually for 8 months in some form or another. I can answer one thing it has gotten me is great dispair and a reputation for being morose. :) It gets me a lot of soul searching and sleepless nights ---

Now isn't that something? ... You preach "repentance" and you wind up doing the soul searching, because the very ones whose attention God is trying to get are telling you
that you're to morose, to tight, to legal, to whatever negative they can throw up to make you stop shining that light ... Is it any wonder that those burdened by the Lord with His "prophetic" message try to squirm out from under it, for the "prophetic" message always boils down to, "REPENT! ... FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS AT HAND", beginning with the message instrument first! ... i did the same at first, "Lord is it me?" ... "Maybe i should tone done, if not just straight up stop with this repentance message" ... But we hear Him saying, "No, don't you do that", don't we? ...

So i'm in 100% agreement with your next statement;

--- Beloved lets keep preaching and pressing on no matter what this nation and world does! If they be annhilated let it not be said that theyw ere not fervently warned. Lets pray to God until their consciences become like a scorpion inside them if they don't repent (Ravinhill). Lets preach with eternity in our eyes! ---

Brother Robert ... May our Lord and Saviour bolster you up by His miraculous Creator Spirit, in the same type of holy, call it like He shows it to you, boldness of Elijah and John the Baptist, tempered with the empathy of Jeremiah and Jesus, in making straight the path of our Lord's second coming ... Letting them know that denying our sinfulness, and refusing our washing in His blood will send us straight to a fiery, eternal torment called Hell, but we can get to the eternal bliss of Heaven if we just REPENT! ... In Jesus name i pray it ... Amen

Preach on Brother Robert! ... Preach on!!!

2004/8/18 15:53Profile
Rahman

Re:

Brother Jesse posted;

--- well those who need to hear it must hear it, and those who don't need to hear it certainly won't mind if they do. ---

This is why i pray for REVIVAL ... pure HOLY GHOST intervention where folk fall into repentance by the sheer convicting force of the Power of God Himself ... For i see no other way of re-ignition of Christ Church to boldy proclaiming that "harvest" message of repentance ... Like Ravenhill i long to see the day ...

Fall fresh on us oh Lord Creator Spirit, and create in us ALL the heart of Christ ... Amen

2004/8/18 16:01Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

I appreciate the encouragement, but can hardly take any credit. :) I am a wretched sinner with the rest. God has worked in my life to reveal how miserable, poor, blind, and naked I have been over the years. It was a sovereign act of God to burn this into me.

BTW, the post that is going that Bro. Lars is doing on Richard Owens Roberts is an awesome thread. I have wanted to comment, but don't want to break the momentum. If we can preach repentance in love and compassion God will use it. May God keep all of us in a place of brokeness and charity.

We need to get back to the two great commandments!

God Bless.

2004/8/18 16:02Profile
Rahman

Re:

--- We need to get back to the two great commandments! ---

...and let ALL the Church say ... Amen!

2004/8/18 16:05Profile

Re:

I've learned that the majority of the time that people say "well people already know they are sinners so I don't have to use the law when I witness etc etc" there is a deeper reason behind it. It may be caused by the fear of man. They say that as an excuse not to preach against sin and to use the Law and not so much because they believe that.

2004/8/18 21:30
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

It may be caused by the fear of man. They say that as an excuse not to preach against sin and to use the Law and not so much because they believe that.

Possibly. Surely when you confront people with their sins, especially if they are complete strangers, it can make for a pretty awkward and uncomfy moment. I don't know too many people that seek out to be in such moments. Also, I think some people are afraid mentioning the commandments starts to border along legalism, or making Christianity sound as if it is just a list of "do's and dont's". When you keep things more "philosophical" it makes things much more "respectable" and palatable. My personal experience though is that when things are more of a debate format, people are simply more interested in arguing than anything else, and I personally believe that if you go from being a herald to an apologist, then you will not be as likely to win a soul.

2004/8/18 21:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy