SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : discouraged

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sinhater

discouraged

Ill keep posting till someone tells me they are praying for me. We are experiencing constant financial attacks. I need it to rain. The chapter in my life for a couple of years has been financial drought. Every time I have worked for a company, and the time came for my raise..they have let me go instead of giving me a raise. Everytime.. I have worked for companies that have short changed my wage a couple of times. I had to take a pay cut...just to keep a job this year..when we have extra money something comes along and takes it...A traffic ticket today...and a lot of little things..Im ready for God to bless and move us out of this horrible pit..Its discouraging to see how many different financial mishaps can happen...
Lift me up...

2009/4/6 21:48Profile
Nellie

Re: discouraged

Jesus is interceding for you that your faith fail not.
He will make a way for you to escape where seems no way.
I would encourage you to pray for others.

May God reveal Himself to you in a mighty way.
In Jesus Name.

2009/4/6 22:41Profile
MaryJane

Greetings
I will be praying for Fathers will to be done in your life. Sometimes Father has for us to go through these kinds of trails and difficulty in order to help us grow in Him, to teach us to be more dependent upon Him and to learn to live by faith and trust that He will always care for us.
I know in my own walk there have been times when I have prayed for somethings to change or be taken away but that is not what Fathers heart was for me or my family. During these times I have learned to keep my focus on Jesus and not on self. Discouragement takes hold when we take our eyes off of Jesus and focus only on the situation. Be encouraged Father knows your needs and He loves and cares for you and your family.

God Bless
Maryjane

2009/4/6 22:42Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Please know that every night I pray for every person on SI. I know it is a 'generic' prayer, but you are covered in there. God knows.

If you are seeing a pattern in treatment you are receiving from bosses/companies it may serve you to look at yourself as the common denominator in all instances. I am not accusing you but it is possible you may be setting yourself up for these falls. Certainly a traffic ticket is a cause/effect thing.

Your screen name is good. It brings to mind King David. I have been reading Psalms. Last night I read Psalm 119:163 (I hate and abhor lying: but thy law do I love.) I recommend studying this Psalm, it can bring you peace in your situation and guidance, too.

Kind regards,
white stone

2009/4/6 22:50Profile
Ravenbrook

Hi sinhater,

I was reading this scripture last evening with my family and I think it may help you, though I don't know your situation.

Matthew 6:
25 ¶ Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

When we work for the kingdom of God he will supply all of our needs. What king would ever send out his ambassadors broke and destitute? That's not to say that we will be wealthy etc.

The scriptures speak plainly that we will be provided for. This particular scripture may not apply to you but there is a scripture that does, God will not leave us without direction.

Yahweh bless you and your family,
kenny

we will pray

2009/4/13 19:16Profile
NoWhining

East Texas

Re:

I've put you on my prayer list, and will pray for your needs. Don

2009/4/14 7:43Profile
fuehrerbe21

Wisconsin

Have you considered seeking counsel from other Christians? I know I have been mentored on how to handle my money, and am still paying for the mistakes I made years ago.

As whitestone said, I'm not accusing you of being irresponsible or a bad steward of your money, but as whitestone said, traffic tickets are avoidable.

Without knowing your situation, it is difficult to give words of advice. I would encourage you to seek out a solid Christian who will be able to help you develop a biblically based plan on stewarding the gifts God has given you.

Don't forget to be thankful for what God HAS blessed you with. PM me if you have any questions on how to get started. It all starts with spending less than you make.

In Christ,
Ben

2009/4/14 12:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy