SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Rise up My love, My beautiful one--and come away!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
myexodus

Rise up My love, My beautiful one--and come away!

Rise up My love, My beautiful one--and come away!

(Charles Spurgeon)

"My Beloved spoke and said to me--Rise up My love, My beautiful one--and come away!" Song of Solomon 2:10

Lo, I hear the voice of my Beloved! He speaks to me! He bids me "Rise up!" and well He may, for I have long enough been lying among the pots of worldliness. Why should I cleave unto the dust? From lower loves, desires, pursuits, and aspirations--I would rise towards Him.

He calls me by the sweet title of "My love" and regards me as beautiful! This is a good encouragement for my rising. If He has thus exalted me, and thinks me thus lovely--how can I linger in the dark tents of Kedar and find congenial associates among the world?

He bids me "Come away!" Come away further and further from everything selfish, groveling, worldly, and sinful! He calls me from the outwardly religious world which knows Him not, and has no sympathy with the mystery of the pious life.

"Come away" has no harsh sound in it to my ear--for what is there to hold me in this wilderness of vanity and sin? O my Lord, would that I could come away--but I am stuck among the thorns--and cannot escape from them as I would! I would, if it were possible, have neither eyes, nor ears, nor heart for sin!

You call me to Yourself by saying "Come away!" and this is a melodious call indeed. To come to You is to come home from exile; to come to land out of the raging storm; to come to rest after long labor; to come to the goal of my desires and the summit of my wishes! But Lord, how can a stone rise, how can a lump of clay come away from the horrible pit? O raise me, draw me--and I will run after You! Your grace alone can do it. Send forth Your Holy Spirit to kindle sacred flames of love in my heart--and I will continue to rise until I leave life and time behind me, and indeed come away!

2009/4/6 1:10Profile

Re: Rise up My love, My beautiful one--and come away!

"Why should I cleave unto the dust? From lower loves, desires, pursuits, and aspirations--I would rise towards Him."

Thanks for posting this! It reminds me of a beautiful song:

"Thou dost seek a bride all pure and holy
Those who now belong to Thee alone
Those who give Thee all their hearts' affections
Of Thyself a part, bone of Thy bone.

Lord we answer to Thy heart’s deep longing
Even so come quickly Lord we say
In our hearts we have the blessed answer
Rise my love my fair one come away

Drawn from every kindred tribe and nation
By Thy Holy Spirit’s mighty power
Finding rest in Thee, God’s great salvation
Waits Thy bride for Thine appointed hour

Sharing with Thee in this world’s rejection
Putting on Thy death to gain a crown
By Thy blood and Word we’re overcomers
With Thee in Thy throne we shall sit down

Lord we answer to Thy heart’s deep longing
Even so come quickly Lord we say
In our hearts we have the blessed answer
Rise my love my fair one come away"

(Joy Palmer)

2009/4/6 5:32
myexodus

Re:

Greetings, Hquest!

Thank you for sharing this song, it has beautiful words! I do not know it, but I will look for it now.

Grace and peace be multiplied unto you!

2009/4/7 3:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy