SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Have you ever just felt sad?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

Have you ever just felt sad?

Greetings
I have a heavy feeling of sadness tonight and I can't explain why.It came on out of no where and I have no reason really for it... I don't feel depressed or fearful, its not like that.I know Father is here with me and I have comfort in that and yet I just feel really sad? Has anyone ever felt this way? Just felt sadness that had no real explanation behind it??

God Bless
MJ

EDIT: I wanted to come back and just share that after spending some time in prayer and just seeking Father, I came across this and I think I understand better why I was feeling as I was before. There is still some sadness but also there is joy! Thought I would share it. Hope it will be a blessing...
A Deep Well of Joy
(an excerpt) At this hour the church expects to walk in sympathy with her Lord along a thorny road; through much tribulation she is forcing her way to the crown. To bear the cross is her office, and to be scorned and counted an alien by her mother’s children is her lot; and yet the church has a deep well of joy; of which none can drink but her own children. There are stores of wine, and oil, and corn, hidden in the midst of our Jerusalem, upon which the saints of God are ever more sustained and nurtured; and sometimes, as in our Saviour’s case, we have our seasons of intense delight, for, “There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of our God.” Exiles though we be, we rejoice in our King; yea, in Him we exceedingly rejoice, while in His name we set up our banners. (1890)

2009/4/5 1:06Profile
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Re: Have you ever just felt sad?

Quote:

MaryJane wrote:
Greetings
I have a heavy feeling of sadness tonight and I can't explain why.It came on out of no where and I have no reason really for it... I don't feel depressed or fearful, its not like that.I know Father is here with me and I have comfort in that and yet I just feel really sad? Has anyone ever felt this way? Just felt sadness that had no real explanation behind it??

God Bless
MJ

a burden of intercession for the lost.

2009/4/5 1:31Profile

Re: Have you ever just felt sad?

Thank you for this post MaryJane.
Watchman Nee said that the Holy Spirit takes control of our emotions when we give ourselves fully over to Him.
I agree.
He was a man of sorrows, acquainted with grief.
How could we not feel His sorrow and compassion for this world? And the "lost" as Earendel said.

I would also like to thank you - for He answered a question I had last night regarding these Scriptures I posted elsewhere....

[i]
Deu 6:4-5 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: and thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
Deu 10:12 And now, Israel, what doth the LORD thy God require of thee, but to fear the LORD thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the LORD thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul
Deu 11:13 And it shall come to pass, if ye shall hearken diligently unto my commandments which I command you this day, to love the LORD your God, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul,
Deu 11:14 That I will give you the rain of your land in his due season, the first rain and the latter rain, that thou mayest gather in thy -

corn, and thy wine, and thine oil. [/i]

Your quote said - "There are stores of [b]wine, and oil, and corn[/b], hidden in the midst of our Jerusalem, upon which the saints of God are ever more sustained and nurtured; and sometimes, as in our Saviour’s case, we have our seasons of intense delight, for, “There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of our God.”

That's Great. I saw it as a "spiritual" type of thing - but needed confirmation. :-)

Sis, I feel both sadness and joy everyday - so I am grateful to not be alone in this and I think He is grateful that He's not alone in it neither.

Bless you.

For the joy set before "us" now!

2009/4/5 11:55

Re:

I just got hit with this after leaving this thread ~

Rom 8:17-29 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body. For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it. Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose for whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Every verse beginning with a conjunction [even all of those before these] making it one flowing sentence. Wow - Praise GOD for this. Thank You!

2009/4/5 12:09

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy