SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Procterandgambleites

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
PosterThread

Re: Procterandgambleites

Hi Mike,

I've had a question brewing for a long time, which is now sparked off by your post in rbanks thread on Pagan Christianity. One snippet of your thoughts reads

Quote:
This feeds into a large part of what was attempted in Procterandgambleites- Misrepresentation and those things that are lead out of them - Fear and fear mongering, tall tales - Poor research ... source material, etc. etc.

The reason I ask is that some of the so-called refutations in the articles posted earlier in this thread are no more based on fact, than the absence of objectively verifyable evidence, somewhat like the scientists presume to ask of the Christians with regard to the existence of God, when Paul has laid out his table in Romans 1 precisely.

I also, having done word searches on 'evil', 'wickedness', 'iniquity' and 'liar', wonder how you deal with these scriptural definite articles?

2 Cor 11:14

2009/7/22 9:00
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

It's a mixed bag for sure, I recognize that as well ... Had posted this earlier here;

[i]This whole running post is a large data dump - It's not all one grand agreement in so many nuances. It's not setup as a large apologetic or 'watch dog' though it contains those elements. Just another attempt to cause some thought, I guess yes, critical thinking - We being such tricksters of our own fallen minds.

Pretty much had run through those things that I had found originally but certain words have again brought up more food for thought - Fear. Facts. Integrity, even the very cementing phrase you just used - love for truth - How often do we settle for those things that are not true, that fall short of 'true truth' and lapse into heeding so much soothsaying, speculative reasonings, 'prophecies' that with the insert of even a couple of months just fade into the abyss, as if they were never worth considering but cause all kinds of excitement and fear while they are in motion?

Would love to see and hear others thoughts towards it all, additions, subtractions, what have you.[/i]

Not sure if that helps answer the question.

2009/7/22 9:19Profile

Quote:
Not sure if that helps answer the question.

I wanted to say 'I'm not sure either.' But 'the Truth' is, it doesn't even touch certain realities; for instance, John 3:3, 5, 6, 7; 1 John 5:19, Gen 6:5, Jer 17:9, Eph 4:22.

I suppose I wonder where you imagine (and I use that verb advisedly) unregenerate man gets his rectitude? We all know what we were before we were born again, so why attempt to defend the indefensible?

There is also, in scripture, a very detailed account of the length of time certain men in high positions of local authority plotted to have Jesus Christ put to death; for what? This is backed up by Paul's open statement in 2 Cor 4:2.

I can't help but suggest that if it was good for Paul to own up to having shared in 'hidden things of dishonesty', 'walking in craftiness', and 'handled the word of God deceitfully', how can those who don't use the word of God for anything - don't read it and don't claim to live by it - actually [u]be[/u] honoured on a default setting which attributes to them qualities not afforded to them in scripture?

My other concern is that we are in danger of not being able to take testimonies seriously, if we dumb down the realities of sin from which we and others may claim to have been delivered. This does not tend towards truth and the enormity of transformation God works in us, but, through not being able to take our own past sins seriously enough, towards unbelief and mediocrity.

2009/7/23 9:06

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy