SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Why a "Great Revival" comes during the "Great Tribulation".

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Why a "Great Revival" comes during the "Great Tribulation".

This perhaps the biggest reason I believe that the church will go through the Great Tribulation....

A little background truth to understand first, before I get to what led me to the conclusion.

Please consider 1 Corinthians 10:13
There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

...But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed.
James 1:14

…but how do desires get corrupted?

It starts early in life before one becomes transformed into the image of Christ, before one is born again by the Spirit of God.

I believe the origin of temptation comes from satan/demons (began at Garden of Eden). I also believe that they can only tempt through the veil of our flesh by warring with the mind.

What is the sinful nature?

These satans/demons absolutely know the will of God, and before a person becomes a believer, they draw people to sin against the will of God starting early in life...through the flesh by warring with the mind of the mind of the individual.

They war against all believers this way - through the veil of the flesh that we are housed in. These demons start their work early in a person's life, before they come to Christ and try and form a person into their own image...and this is their war with and against God.

Therefore it is written to us who are to heirs of salvation:

Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood,(consider Hebrews 12:4) but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Ephesians 6:11-13

We also must be aware/mindful of where and what these demons/satans will tempt us (target our minds), so that you may be able to fight the good fight. They primarily target and draw a person to do these:

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. Galatians 5:19-21 James 4:7

Further it is written, that we are to be on the look out for this:

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: 1 Peter 5:8

Now here is a very interesting point to make:

If satan/demons were bound and removed from influencing us in our earthly lives, would there be any temptation to sin? – I would say probably not...NO TEMPTER = NO SIN ...but the mind still has to be renewed after Christ nonetheless.

I have always believed that satan/demons need to get permission from God first before he can tempt or even harass a saint to sin (I am reminded of the story of Job, how that satan had to get permission first, and he did this by accusing Job before God - Job 1:6-12 )...he does this to us, the heirs of salvation by accusing us constantly day and night before God.

So what happens is satan no longer gets to accuse us day and night before God?

...so if he can no longer accuse us day and night before God, and doesn't get permission to tempt us to any for of sin, what do you think will happen on the earth when the work of the Holy Spirit is unfettered from satanic hinderance in our lives?

This is what will happen on earth, and why I believe that a "Great Revival" is coming to the earth during the "Great Tribulation"

- Ephesians 6:12 will end for us…and here’s why:

And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought with the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought, but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them in heaven any longer. So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, “Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down. Rev 12:7-10 (meaning he does not get permission anymore)

No accuser standing before God day and night accusing us before God means no permission to tempt a saint to sin, or to spiritually fight against or harass a saint, which means there will be a global revival on the earth unfettered from any satanic hindrances!!! There will be no more wrestling in the spirit with satan and his demons in high places…their day will finally be at an end!

Consider the voice of the holy angel, what he said, when satan is cast out:

Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, “Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down.

What this means is the Bride of the Lamb will finally be able to get herself ready without any spiritual hindrance, without any temptation to sin, without any accuser standing before God - she will get her wedding garments ready and be holy, and without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, she will have righteous works - even as it is written.

But since satan can no longer tempt and accuse, because he is thrown down, he persecutes the Bride…and her saints and prophets and sent to martyrdom.

…but the Lord is with them in their hour of trial, and the strength of the Holy Spirit sustains them and fills them with a supernatural calm and comfort, and with the comfort of the love of God.

These saints overcome satan and the antichrist by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony, and they love not their lives unto death. Nazi style holocausts will return globally, as Christians are summarily put to their deaths, just as the Jews were during WWII. It is all that satan has left.

During this time of unprecedented revival of the Bride of the Lamb, and during a time of persecution and murder of Christian saints, and in the midst of all the global chaos that will be going on during the Great Tribulation, there will be a an unprecedented move of the Spirit of God, ...such as has not been seen to this day...So powerful will be this move of the Holy Spirit - for God shall pour out of His Holy Spirit to strengthen and purify the Bride of the Lamb, that she may be holy and pure - without spot or blemish, her gown will be white....many will turn to the Lord during this time in this global revival, and will do so without any accuser accusing them before God day and night!

This is why I believe that the church will go through the refiners fire of the Great Tribulation.

2009/3/30 14:07Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy