· Text Sermons
    Christian Books
    Online Bibles
· Video Sermons
· Vintage Images
· Discussion Forum
· Help Support
· Contact Us

Share SI with others - Add a website link or image banner on your website or blog.

Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Let it rain, Let it rain, Open the Floodgates of Heaven

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
donnaemmons9

Let it rain, Let it rain, Open the Floodgates of Heaven

I Kings 18:41-45 says
Then Elijah said to Ahab, "Go up, eat and drink; for there is the sound of abundance of rain." So Ahab went up to eat and drink. And Elijah went up to the top of Carmel; then he bowed down on the ground, and put his face between his knees,and said to his servant, "Go up now, look toward the sea." So he went up and looked, and said, "There is nothing." And seven times he said, "Go again." Then it came to pass the seventh time, that he said, "There is a cloud, as small as a man's hand, rising out of the sea!" So he said, "Go up, say to Ahab, 'Prepare your chariot, and go down before the rain stops you.' " Now it happened in the meantime that the sky became black with clouds and wind, and there was a heavy rain. So Ahab rode away and went to Jezreel.

The LORD had been giving me a vision of a cloud hanging above my head. HE has shown me this a number of times and now HE has shown me the importance and meaning of it. HE told me when a cloud breaks open it brings refreshing and causes things to grow.
The cloud then represents a blessing. It ties in with 1 Kings 18:41-45. The LORD has also been speaking to me for a period of time about abundance and fruitfulness which GOD also speaks through these Scriptures.

Elijah had a spirit of travail and of birthing before this rain came as symbolized by his humble and surrendered position of his head between his knees. Is there something GOD is birthing in your life?

Could the severe drought be symbolic of some sort of drought in our lives? Rain brings refreshing to our souls in the times we feel like we are in the desert.

7 speaks of something that is full and complete like GODS blessings to us always are.

Mount Carmel means fruitful.

Jezreel means GOD will seed speaking of hope of a harvest for life comes form the seed.
James 5:16 says The earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available [dynamic in its working].Dunamos power- power, energy, forcefulness that comes only from the LORD and causes things to grow. It is power that everyone on earth will be able to see GODS miracle hand in.

Elijah had announced 3 years ealier that there would be no more rain unless it came from the hand of the Living GOD.

Here is something very interesting connected with this that I found online that GOD spoke through Cindy Jacobs.

Restoring the Spirit of Elijah
May 05, 2002
Category: Prophetic Words, Global Church
By: Cindy Jacobs
Do you not see a cloud the size of a mans fist?...And the Lord says, Do you not see a cloud the size of a mans fist? And I would say even as that fist is symbolic of the five fold ministry, over the church there is a cloud the size of a mans fist. The Lord says, This cloud is going to increase and increase and increase, for in this small fist, this cloud the size of a mans fist, there is the potential of the former and the latter rain. The Lord says, Have I not said that I have come to restore all things? I am also restoring the spirit of Elijah. Even as Elijah got down and travailed when there had been a drought in the land, there is also a drought of moving in the miraculous and moving into things that will happen when these five come together. So the Lord says, Today I am opening a gate in the heavens for the release and even as I am releasing through the church, many will begin to study what I am doing by my hand. The Lord says, Is not my right hand symbolic of My power and My right arm? With this release of the fist anointing, that which can punch the enemy can also break down strongholds. I have given you that fivefold. The Lord says, You must mix it with the spirit of Elijah, the turning the hearts of the fathers to the children and the children to the fathers to have the equation that will release the former and the latter rains of revival, says God.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you praying for something miraculous in your life? Then keep praying and hang on for GOD is faithful to answer our prayers. I pray the Heavens might open and pour forth that blessing for you like the rain that was a blessing for Elijah when the drought ended.

Here is a poem I found online from an anonymous person.

So have faith in GOD who held Elijahs hand
have faith in GOD, HE will guide you through the sand
Have faith in GOD HE will lead you to the Promised Land
Have faith, dear friend, in GOD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?

2009/3/29 22:17Profile

©2002-2014 SermonIndex.net Audio Sermons | Google+
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival. | Privacy Policy