SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : THE SWORD IS DRAWN, AND THE BABY IS HANGING BY THE LEFT FOOT

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

THE SWORD IS DRAWN, AND THE BABY IS HANGING BY THE LEFT FOOT

Will he be split down the middle, and given to both mothers, or will the true mother cry out to the king for the life of the child?

Will he be raised by a Calvinist? Will he be raised by an Armenian? Will he be raised by a Pentecostal? Will he be raised by a Baptist, Methodist, Presbyterian . . . ?

Neither mother has any innate moral goodness to boast of. Both were harlots. Both were conceived in sin.

“Oh, but if he is raised by a Calvinist, he will end up in gross error, and ultimately be destroyed.” “Oh but if he is raised by an Armenian, he will end up doubting his salvation, and lose hope.” O but if he is raised by a Pentecostal, he will be more focused on emotion than on the Word, and he will ultimately never mature in the Lord.” “Oh, but if he is not raised around emotional display, he will become ritualistic and dead, and having head knowledge only and no heart knowledge.”

The list has no end as to why the other mother should NOT raise the child . . . but at this moment, the child is hanging by the left foot. The sword is drawn. The decree has gone forth: “Divide the living child in two, and give half to the one, and half to the other.” Is there any moaning and groaning? Is there any crying out before the King? Are there any cries from the depths of the soul and spirit: “O my lord, give her the living child, and in no wise slay it.”

Thus we have an appeal from Brother Orr [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=18527&commentView=itemComments]The Role Of Prayer In Spiritual Awakening[/url]. Will revival happen? Will hundreds be swept into the kingdom of God here and abroad where billions have never even heard of Him? Will the child live? Will the true parents of revival cry out and stand in the gap for the child? Will the concern that “It must be done MY way” prevail? Is it MY way or the highway? Or is it: “Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter (or my town, or my country, or our world) is grievously vexed with a devil. . . . . Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.”?

Oh God, give us crumbs! At least crumbs! We know that we are but dogs! No merit do we claim! God, Give us crumbs! Let the baby live! Let revival come, regardless of who you send it through! Let not this harvest fall to the ground and perish! Lord, send laborers into this harvest!

2009/3/29 15:19Profile

Re: THE SWORD IS DRAWN, AND THE BABY IS HANGING BY THE LEFT FOOT

Amen brother, Amen. This was my heart in Greenock and it will be my heart in Barnsdall. In fact, just a few weeks ago in our Tuesday night prayer conference phone call, this very prayer was cried out. We acknowledged ourselves as a begger sitting below the table. Hungry and thirsty people in a land racked with famine and drought. As the deer panteth for the waterbrooks, so my soul longeth after thee.

Last week on the Discovery channel I watched as they video-taped a watering hole in Africa.Ten months of drought had dried up the river and only certain watering holes remained, and these were little more than mud pits. Fish flopped in the mud, slowly dying. A large crocodile took center stage in the middle of the "pool." Animals, that would never come close to each other , now gathered at this last vestage of water. They took risks that they would never normally take, because the choice was, take a risk or lie down and die.

Surely a great drought ravages the land of Christianity and this follows a great famine. The presence of God has been removed in stages as in Ezekiel 9&10. What we would normally do no longer applies. We do not have the luxury of division. Where i come from in Scotland, the only people that spoke of philosophy were the well off, it was a luxury of the class that had time. Now we have a situation where we do not have the luxury of spending endless time debating theology. If one is genuinely in Christ, now is the time to gather together and cry out for the world, to indeed fulfill our roles as being the light of the world, a city set on a hill, salt to the earth......Frank

2009/3/29 15:42
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

Thanks, brother! Amen, Amen.

2 Chronicles 7:14  If my people, which are called by my name,[b][size=medium]shall humble themselves[/size][/b], and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

We have known such luxuries for so long . . . along with the deceitfulness of material luxuries . . . the time has come for desperate measures. Would we unite to cry out to God if an economic crash took food from our tables? SO MUCH WORSE truly, "a great drought ravages the land of Christianity". WHAT WILL IT TAKE for us to reach the place of humble desperation to move the hand that moves the world?

Oh God help us!

2009/3/30 9:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy