SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : HELP: Finding bible passages for EACH sermon on SI.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 HELP: Finding bible passages for EACH sermon on SI.

[img]http://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/august/help1.gif[/img]

Some people have asked if there are any ways they can help at SI. One big way to help at this point that really anyone can do is to provide me with Scripture refrences for each sermon you listen to, Max 3 per sermon.. and the most referred to. If there is just one obvious main scripture then that alone would be sufficient. This is a task that I [b]cannot[/b] do alone and need the help of others to accomplish. If we each carry abit of the load it could be done quite soon. The reason is double-fold. It would be an extremely useful addition to SermonIndex and I would encorporate a scripture search so you could find the sermon on the bible passage you want. Another HUGE reason is I have talked with the president of Gospelcom and they are quite willing and intrested in getting SermonIndex sermons onto the biblegateway site (which is the biggest bible search site in the world). For that to be done I would obviously need to know the bible passage for each sermon.

As you are finding out the scriptures for each sermon it would be very benefical to have more descriptions for each sermon, if you finish a description you can send that to me also.

[u]Please let me know[/u] that you are going to be helping out with this!

---

Also incorporated with this is: [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1210&forum=12&5]Help write descriptions for the sermons.[/url] feel free to submit any descriptions of sermons if you complete any. And note you can always leave your personal opinion of a sermon with this new feature highlighted here: [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=2800&forum=12&0]FEATURE: Sermon Comments![/url]

And here is more information about how the scriptures are used on SI: [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=2801&forum=12&0]FEATURE: Scriptures for Sermons.[/url]

2004/8/16 0:43Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re: HELP: Finding bible passages for EACH sermon on SI.

Quote:
Please let me know that you are going to be helping out with this!

Make sure you to tell me you are going to help with this so I can direct you to the right files or rather away from files or speakers others are working on.

2004/8/16 10:13Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Brother Rickard has volunteered to help with this process of getting scriptures and descriptions for sermons, he is going to focus on Leonard Ravenhill recordings right now.

I still need alot more help if this is going to get done, please let me know that you are willing to help.

2004/8/18 9:58Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Brother Ed has been helping tremendously to get sermon descriptions up. Here is an example he just sent me:

Unhindered by Brother Andrew
Acts 28:30-31
Description: Brother Andrew says there are no "doors" in this world that are closed to prevent the proclaiming of the Good News of Jesus Christ. Though the messenger may be bound in chains, the message still gets through. Brother Andrew cites Paul's situation in Acts 28:30-31. Even as a prisoner of Rome, the Apostle continued to deliver the message. But once through the "door," could a believer return if he wanted to and still be true to Christ? Could Paul? Could Peter? Could Stephen? Could the martyrs?

---

To all others who are helping also thank you very much! There is more of a need to get descriptions and scriptures for each of the sermons. Will you help? you can send the descriptions/scriptures you finish to sermonindex@msn.com

2004/10/9 16:22Profile
iluvbrak

Arkansas

Re: HELP: Finding bible passages for EACH sermon on SI.

If you are still working on this, I'd like to help. I can't promise to move super fast, but I'll work at it if you need help. Just direct me where you need me most.

:)

2004/11/28 2:46Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Hi Brother,

Whereever you don't see a scripture with a sermon is where there is a NEED. If you could help by getting to me as many scriptures as possible that would be great. If anyone else is reading this and desire to help that would be great also. You can just get to me the scriptures for each sermon, or a description as well. Thank you for all your help before-hand. There is a dear sister in Christ that is taking care of basically all the David Wilkerson and Carter Conlon sermons. Either email me the descriptions to here: sermonindex@mac.com or just post them in this thread.

2004/11/28 14:19Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy