SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : What is the Gospel, simply?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." - Romans 6:23

Sounds like "good news" to me!

:-)

2009/3/24 16:40Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

More "good news..."
(scroll over to read)

Revelation 2:7

Revelation 2:11

Revelation 2:17

Revelation 2:26-29

Revelation 3:5

Revelation 3:11-12

Revelation 3:21

:-)

And don't forget this one: "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me."
- Revelation 3:20

2009/3/24 16:44Profile
theopenlife

Re:

Amen, ccchhhrrriiisss. Good thoughts.

PS: I'm liking this verse-hover-thing.

2009/3/24 18:47Profile

Re:

What do you all think of this one?

http://www.christinyou.net/pages/what2bxn.html

2009/3/27 9:56

Re: What is a christian?

But the question was,

What is the Gospel, and not what is a christian. Are they not different questions?

2009/3/27 10:15
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

What is the Gospel? Simply, "Christ in you the Hope of Glory".

Revelation 2:7

Revelation 2:11

Revelation 2:17

Revelation 2:26-29

Revelation 3:5

Revelation 3:11-12

Revelation 3:21

Who gives ears to hear and eyes to see? All these scriptures are dependent on? Even Jesus told Peter it was not Peter who knew that Jesus was the Son of God. It was His Father in heaven who revealed to Peter who Jesus was.

Paul said the Gospel will go to the Gentiles and "they will hear it". Who's ears heard? My ears or the ears God gives to bring forth the faith of Jesus Christ in us, that brings us to Grace and salvation. It certainly is not of ourselves.

Matthew 16:15-17 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

How was Peter blessed? Not by his ears or eyes, but the Father in heaven.

Why do men still try to take it upon themselves to keep the Law to attain their salvation and even more to maintain it? It does not depend on us or Israel would still be in the favor of God, would have accepted Jesus as Messiah and Lord instead of killing Him on Cross and would be the barer of the True Light to the world.

Jesus is our all in all and our life, for it is no longer us who live but Christ who lives in us.

You want perfection? He that is in us is just that and He is the only way we will attain perfection.

Colossians 1:27-29 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

Again and Again and Again, by who's striving? By who's working? Who is the only One that works in us mightily? Jesus Christ the Son of God, Who is now our life and our new nature, making us new creatures in Christ Jesus, son's of God. Old things are past away, BEHOLD, ALL, ALL, ALL, etc::::::::: things are made new. In Him and Him alone.

In Christ: Phillip

2009/3/31 0:22Profile
theopenlife

Re:

Amen, He is our Second Adam.

"Christ is the end of the law for righteousness unto them that believe." Rom. 10:4

2009/3/31 3:21Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Christ "in us" the hope of glory.

Is Jesus Christ "in you" ?

2009/3/31 11:11Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

"Is Christ in you?"

Amen, by all that Paul says and direct revelation from the Holy Spirit and the Faith of Jesus Christ, I know that Jesus Christ is in me and all that I am is upon His shoulders, that I might do the works of Christ, which are the only fulfilled works the Father will accept as the basses for my salvation and growing in Christ, that I might be presented perfect to the Father and our Love of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit and all the brothers and sisters be conformable to the The one greatest commandments and the second being as the first.

Mark 12:29-31 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

For the Church, the Body of Christ; Hear O Church His Church, Our Great Shepherd, Joh 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
Joh 13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
Joh 15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
Joh 15:17 These things I command you, that ye love one another.
Ro 12:10 Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;
Ro 13:8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
Ga 5:13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.
Eph 4:2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;
1Th 3:12 And the Lord make you to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do toward you:
1Th 4:9 But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another.
Heb 10:24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
1Pe 1:22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:
1Pe 3:8 Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous:
1Jo 3:11 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
1Jo 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
1Jo 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
1Jo 4:11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.
1Jo 4:12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.
2Jo 1:5 And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.

"Christ in you, the hope of glory:
Col 1:28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus".

Amen; In Christ: Phillip

2009/3/31 11:41Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

I read this the other day which I thought was very good. Please read thoughtfully:

"A person may become a Christian without much knowledge of the Old Testament. Conversion does, however, require a basic understanding of Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. The Christian cannot be committed to Christ without being committed to his teaching. It follows that Christ's attitude to the Old Testament will begin to convey itself to the Christian who is carefully studying the New Testament. The more we study the New Testament the more apparent becomes the conviction shared by Jesus, the apostles and the New Testament writers in general: namely the Old Testament is Scripture and Scripture points to Christ. The manner in which the Old Testament testifies to Christ is a question that has to be resolved on the basis of the New Testament, since it is the New Testament which provides the Christian with an authoritative interpretation of the Old.

The effect of this is twofold. As Christians we will always be looking at the Old Testament from the standpoint of the New Testament - from the framework of the gospel which is the goal of the Old Testament. But since the New Testament continually presupposes the Old Testament as a unity we, who are not acquainted with the Old Testament in the way the first Christians were, will be driven back to study the Old Testament on its own terms. To understand the whole living process of redemptive history in the Old Testament we must recognize two basic truths. The first is that this salvation history is a process. The second is that this process of redemptive history finds its goal, its focus and fulfillment in the person and work of Christ.

Failure to grasp this truth - largely because the proper study of the Old Testament has been neglected, has aided and abetted one of the most unfortunate reversals in evangelical theology. The core of the gospel, the historical facts of what God did in Christ, is often [i]down-graded[/i] today in favor of a more mystical emphasis on the private spiritual experience of the individual. Whereas faith in the gospel is essentially acceptance of, and commitment to, the declaration that God acted in Christ some two thousand years ago on our behalf, saving faith is often portrayed nowadays more as trust in what God is doing in us now. Biblical ideas such as "forgiveness of sins" or "salvation" are interpreted as primarily describing a Christian's personal experience. But when we allow the whole Bible - Old and New Testaments - to speak to us, we find that those subjective aspects of the Christian life which are undoubtedly important - the new birth, faith and sanctification - are the [i]fruits[/i] of the gospel. The gospel, while still relating to individual people at their point of need, is rooted and grounded in the history of redemption. It is good news [i]about[/i] Jesus, before it can become good news [i]for[/i] sinful men and women. Indeed, it is only as the [i]objective[/i] (redemptive-historical) facts are grasped that the [i]subjective[/i] experience of the individual Christian can be understood."

-Graeme Goldsworthy, [i]Gospel and Kingdom[/i]

2009/3/31 11:43Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy