SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : The Good Way

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Seymour

UK

The Good Way

Jer 6:16 Thus says Yahweh, Stand you in the ways and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way; and walk therein, and you shall find rest for your souls.

I am Seymour, 27 years old, living in the UK and currently training as a nurse.

God in his mercy has pointed me to the "old paths" again and again throughout my life and I have found his grace to me through the puritan writers in particular has given me more life than many years of sitting in Church and even ministering. He has given me such a hunger to enquire after the ancient ways.

At a moment in my life when I was desperate for spiritual fatherhood, really feeling a need to encounter and sit at the feet of godly men with grey hairs that show their wisdom and a few battle scars that testify to faithfulness on the front lines, weary with a sadness about the effervescent but shallow Christianity I see all around me, I came accross this website.

Halleluia! THANKYOU to all who have volunteeered in this ministry - it has been a means of grace to stir my heart again, stoke up my hunger and satisfy my longing after spiritual living water. I have lapped up all the Leonard Ravenhill and Keith Daniel in particular. May God continue to send us preachers and prophets like them.

However, I have felt convicted listening to and reading the abundance of material on this site. If we let the messages wash over us, get used to them and harden ourselves by not obeying the conviction that comes into our hearts then we are worse off than before. My prayer is that God would grant us repentant and obedient hearts.

Seymour

2004/8/14 20:13Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: The Good Way

Welcome Seymour, praise God that you have found this oasis in the desert. Ravenhill and Daniel will definitely direct you in the 'old paths'.

Quote:
However, I have felt convicted listening to and reading the abundance of material on this site. If we let the messages wash over us, get used to them and harden ourselves by not obeying the conviction that comes into our hearts then we are worse off than before. My prayer is that God would grant us repentant and obedient hearts.

I have felt this same conviction recently. We are very blessed to have such resources at our disposal, God in His goodness has provided much meat in the form of books and sermons from godly men, at a time when there is a famine in so many pulpits. We dare not let these gems simply "wash over us" as you have said. May God break up the fallow ground of our hearts so that His truth may always find a place to grow and bear fruit for Christ's glory!

In Christ,

Ron

2004/8/14 23:42Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Halleluia! THANKYOU to all who have volunteeered in this ministry - it has been a means of grace to stir my heart again, stoke up my hunger and satisfy my longing after spiritual living water. I have lapped up all the Leonard Ravenhill and Keith Daniel in particular. May God continue to send us preachers and prophets like them.

Brother Seymour a big welcome to SermonIndex! Thats great you have been spiritual edifyed by these messages. Yes the hope is that we are not just challanged but [b]changed![/b] thats a great observation and yes its been on my heart and others who know this ministry well. The messages are very strong and should produce a signifigant difference in our life with God.

Quote:
We dare not let these gems simply "wash over us" as you have said.

Yes we must be discipled here with the truth and then go out to make a difference in our churches and world. God is still looking for men who is going to be the next ravenhill, bounds, daniel, etc.

2004/8/15 0:22Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy