SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Glenn Beck - AIG Smokescreen - Watch This

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

Brother Chris,

This discussion wasn't meant to engender worry. However, Proverbs says that the wise man sees trouble coming and prepares himself for it. So, yes, we trust God for our daily bread, but also use the means given to us (work, research, preparation) to secure a livelihood for our family in case of economic disaster. It is a simple matter of historical fact that an economic system that is debt based with a fiat currency, including a central bank causing inflation and deflation, never ends in success. The founding fathers of America knew this. Article I of the Constitution actually bans the states from requiring anything but gold and silver coin for payment of debts.

[i]"Paper money has had the effect in your state that it will ever have, to ruin commerce, oppress the honest, and open the door to every species of fraud and injustice." (letter to J. Bowen, Rhode Island, Jan. 9, 1787) "If ever again our nation stumbles upon unfunded paper, it shall surely be like death to our body politic. This country will crash."[/i] --George Washington

With care in Christ,
Taylor

2009/3/21 13:05Profile

Sister White Stone

I watched the whole "The Gig is Up".

very good, clear-eyed, a little lean on what do we do next, but still very good.

I believe the "Gig: in many ways is the symptom, I'm going to post a video that contains part of the cause, of why we are, and how far we've wandered from the designs of our forefathers.

warning, if one still worships the idol of mindless patriotism, this might anger you, but it is truth.

[url=http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=why+we+fight&emb=0#]Why We Fight[/url]

In Him, neil

2009/3/21 16:56

Re:

Chris

you wrote:

Quote:
We need to be VERY careful about writing such things -- especially when they are wrought with personal opinion.

personal opinion? the numbers in the Iraq War are in, $2 trillion plus....and hundreds of thousand lives lost, and for what? Did we find WMD's? No. prior to this war, we had the Iraqi's boxed in, their army was at 20% of pre-Gulf War capabilities, these are facts.

and as far as "bringing democracy to Iraq", and hold the election and we will have the Shi'a Islamic Republic of Iraq, closely aligned with Iran,and that Islamic Republic is growing ever closer to Russia.

We sure do have a lot of astute strategic thinkers in the US defense establishment, kissing cousins of these titans of finance who have landed us where we are economically today.

and I'm glad you have no problem with my "liberty" to write as such. This is not just a political post, read Isaiah and Jeremiah, they had plenty to say of the leadership of their day.

neil

2009/3/21 17:15
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: whose report

Hi everyone,

Neil, about this,

Quote:
read Isaiah and Jeremiah, they had plenty to say of the leadership of their day.

They also spoke [b]for God[/b].

Is that the case with you? Or with the video link that you posted?

Or the man you wrote about in this thread, saying that he:

Quote:
...is sowing the fear, screaming about the "what the next terrorist attack will look like", or "how we'll be wheeling around wheelbarrows full of paper money for a loaf of bread", and offers NO solutions, no thoughtful discourse, because thats what his corporate media masters want, rachet up the fear, keep Americans in a state of witless terror, so that when something DOES happen, Americans will eagerily give up their freedoms to run into the arms of tyrants who will "protect" them. Godless hellions the lot of them I say.

So who is speaking here neil and whose words are you(EDIT and others) putting before God's people?

When Solomon says 'a wise man feareth and departeth from evil' he does not say 'he spreads it around', or repeats the fears of others.

Right before that it is written that the simple beleive every word.

In the law it says we should not go up and down as a talebearer among our people(see Leviticus 19:16). According to Strong's Hebrew Dictionary, the word translated 'talebearer' is:

H7400
רכיל
râkîyl
raw-keel'
From H7402; a scandal monger (as travelling about): - slander, carry tales, talebearer.

I understand the desire to warn others about coming dangers that we percieve, but whose report are we putting before the people of God? And whose words are we sowing into their hearts?

2009/3/21 21:41Profile
theopenlife

Re: Sister White Stone

"Why we fight" is excellent, and especially surprising coming from a major outlet.

2009/3/21 21:53Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

My husband and I watched over an hour of Why We Fight. It amazes us that they are allowed to show it. And that people are so willing to just 'do their job.'

The thing that bothers us the most is that they kept saying that we were fighting for Democracy. After viewing this explanation of the American form of Government http://www.wimp.com/thegovernment/ we want nothing to do with a Democracy.

The only thing that we can trust is Our Lord.

Kind regards,
white stone

2009/3/21 23:38Profile
theopenlife

Re:

ChrisJD, a question regarding your statement,

"I understand the desire to warn others about coming dangers that we perceive, but whose report are we putting before the people of God? And whose words are we sowing into their hearts?"

Regarding current events and the necessity of making informed decisions, whose reports would you recommend we consider? The Bible alone prescribes our moral persuasions, but what information and media outlets should we observe in order to understand which options, socially and politically, best represent our moral beliefs? If I am asked by my country to vote, enlist, or support any policy, where and how should I go about learning the actual motives or intentions of a given option?

You seem to have an assurance that there are better or more dependable sources of current information than the links provided. That may be so, and I ask you to please share so the saints might be prepared to act responsibly.

PS: Might I remind you that so recently as 1962, high-ranked agents of the United Sates government, including generals and CIA directors, were exposed for their intention to terrorize and even kill American citizens for the purpose of providing a pretext to an invasion of Cuba? Lest someone accuse me of donning a "tin-foil hat", I will state that these documents are available for the world to see on the United States' own website, Archive.gov, for the National Archive.

[url=http://media.nara.gov/media/images/36/15/36-1470a.jpg]Page 8, Operation Northwoods[/url]
[url=http://media.nara.gov/media/images/36/15/36-1471a.jpg]Page 9, Operation Northwoods[/url]
[url=http://media.nara.gov/media/images/36/15/36-1472a.jpg]Page 10, Operation Northwoods[/url]
[url=http://media.nara.gov/media/images/36/15/36-1473a.jpg]Page 11, Operation Northwoods[/url]

(You may view the whole document [url=http://www.smeggys.co.uk/operation_northwoods.php]here[/url].)

The plan was prematurely exposed by John F. Kennedy, but could have gone operational without Congressional or Executive oversight, per Bay of Pigs. The operation included plans to blow up manned American ships and blame the attacks on Cuba; to destroy American commercial airliners and blame the event on Cuba, and "Develop a Communist Cuban terror campaign in the Miami area, in other Florida cities and even in Washington."

This operation is especially notable in that it included plans for hijackings and bombings followed by the use of phony evidence that would blame the terrorist acts on a foreign government, namely Cuba.

The plan stated:

"The desired resultant from the execution of this plan would be to place the United States in the apparent position of suffering defensible grievances from a rash and irresponsible government of Cuba and to develop an international image of a Cuban threat to peace in the Western Hemisphere."

Read it yourself on the US governments own website. For the love of power, people do bad things.

We, as Christians, need to be aware of what we join and represent.

Love and grace in Christ.

2009/3/22 0:25Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi again everyone,

theopenlife,

you asked,

Quote:
Regarding current events and the necessity of making informed decisions, whose reports would you recommend we consider?

I don't think God has instructed us to inform ourselves from the media. But I cannot say if he has instructed [b]you[/b] to do so.

God has given His people His Spirit to lead them.

So, whose report are you putting before God's people?

2009/3/22 0:50Profile
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

Chris,

I put Glenn Beck's report before God's people.

With care in Christ,
Taylor

2009/3/22 0:53Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

theopenlife,

also, about this,

Quote:
You seem to have an assurance that there are better or more dependable sources of current information than the links provided.

You are responsible for the ones you are presenting. Tthe truth and the lies, if there are any.

2009/3/22 0:55Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy