SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : My Constant Need of God

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MJones

Missouri

My Constant Need of God

I have felt a little like David the past few days. Not so much that God has hidden His face and as a result I am troubled, but more the gentle reminder of my constant need of Him.

My reading time has been rich. I have enjoyed writing and talking with others about the good things I see. But even in all that, somehow, He is missing. It is a reminder that as rich and as good as all that may be, it is no substitute for God Himself.

Jesus, who knew the scripture better than any, on a regular basis had to stop and get alone with God. Occasionally for us all, there is the need to stop and reconnect.

2009/3/18 18:37Profile
MJones

Missouri

Re: My Constant Need of God

Oops! Wrong catagory.

2009/3/18 19:45Profile

Re:

Quote:
by MJones on 2009/3/18 16:45:54

Oops! Wrong catagory.

I was blessed by your post - it doesn't seem in the wrong category - as the Index page reads thus ---

[b]Miracles that follow the plow[/b]
[i]Post Prayer Requests, Testimonies & Answers to prayer in your life. Use this as a place to share what God is putting on your heart and doing daily.[/i]

GOD Bless you MJones!

2009/3/19 22:55
MJones

Missouri

Re:

I stand corrected.

2009/3/20 7:58Profile
MJones

Missouri

Re:My Constant Need of God

I am reminded of, not just an occasional need, but a constant need of God. It is the same need I think even Jesus refers to when He says, 'I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing'.

Oh the walk that is neither ahead of God nor fallen behind Him, but with Him. For that let us all strive.

2009/5/4 8:08Profile
rreighe

Re:

this is really true. God bless you.

every time i feel like God is not there i got to remember that he still is, he just isn't imediately showing himself.

our Lord is amazing and He stays faithfull and His love for us is way way more than we can ever imagine. even though i sometimes forget what the awsome feeling of His precence is there (either by lack of prayer or something else... depends) i know that He is just as much here and it amazes me so much at how loving He is... wow we are so blessed to have a God that is so loving! think if our God was not so careing! wow...

i cannot think him enough! He has answered every prayer for leading one of my freinds to Christ and now pretty much all that's left is for her to take that extra step and seek the Lord on her own.... EVERY PRAYER! it is so amazing! GOD is so amazing!

2009/5/8 1:17Profile

Re:

Amen!!

2009/6/19 9:49

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy