SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : My Testimony

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

My Testimony

I had originally posted this on another forum some time ago, but I want to share it here to, as it as written down then, in order that I may glorify God.

How God called me:

Repentence is a rocky road best travelled in the day, when there is light, lest darkness comes, and I stumble in the darkness, and then comes the fall. I therefore humble myself before God, who has called me to walk this road of repentance. Why must my heart cast so hard upon Him? I have seen Him in glory and beauty, and my soul cired out and extolled and loved Him! ...I mean truly loved Him in my spirit! Were can I go from Him who has called me?

Almost 2 years ago to this very day I was in cardiac intensive care for a week with major blockages in my heart. I was there an entire week because of the tests they had to do to confirm that I had blockages. When all tests were positive, they had scheduled me for a angioplasty. On the operating table I cried out to God to forgive me for my sins, and for being a prodigal and told Him that if He made things okay I would raise my children to know Him.

They put a catheter into my right wrist and prepped me for the angiogram. They injected pain killers first. Then the device was fished through my viens and into my heart. They stopped at the entrance to my heart and injected dye so they could look inside my heart to see where the blockages were; the dye felt hot in my chest. It was at the moment that the surgeon stood in unbelief and shock, he shook his head in unbelief as he removed the angio device, not believing what he had just witnessed.

They (the surgical team) stood there in disbelief at what just happened. There was not 50% blockage, not 30 not 20 not 5....there were NO blockages at all. NONE! My heart was totally healed right there on that operating table right before their eyes for all to see. They refused to believe that there was nothing wrong with me...they refused to believe it because of the positive test results just prior to surgery. So they sent me for some more testing for a pulmonary emboli, where I had to beathe in radioactive isotopes and then xrays through some sort of scanner. Again...nothing.

They latter told me that I had the heart and lungs of a 19 year old. God totally healed me that day. And like a dumb donkey I still did not follow Him until...well, I wrote about it:

I had originally wrote this down on Dec. 12, 2007 and I would like to share this as I wrote it down then:

I think I will keep this as brief as possible...to be honest I do not know were to begin. I am a believer, but have been away from God for a lot of years now...but in all this time I have never stopped believing in Him. God has always been in my thoughts, has always been near me.

It does not matter why I fell away, but what is important is that I do not miss out any more of my life without Him in it (me following Him).

The other day while on my way to work something happened...a couple of weeks ago now. I was crossing Hwy 43 at my usual crossing...now I usually just cross right over to the far lane if there is no traffic coming, but for some reason that morning I stayed in the near lane when I crossed the Hwy... something, perhaps someone, kept me in the near lane that morning.

...I didn't see it coming; it came out of nowhere.

A semi trator-trailer (tanker) hauling two tanks of fuel came flying past me. I don't know why I did not see it coming...I looked as I crossed the hwy and saw NO traffic coming, and so I proceeded in crossing. If I had done what I normally do in the morning on the way to work, and crossed into the far lane, it is most certain that I would not be alive today writing this to tell you about it.

What was so odd about that experience is that it had no affect on me emotionally. Normally I would have been freaked out by such an experience, heart pounding, hands shaking...but I remained calm...I came so close to death.

...that's not the only strange event that occured. I work in an office and sometimes I have to go out to meetings. Well, I was on my way to one of these meetings listening to the radio. Now I usually listen to 630 CHED talk radio in the mornings to catch the news. I had arrived at my destination and turned the radio off while I parked my car...it is what happened when I finished up my meeting that the second event occured.

The meeting was quick, in and out in ten minutes...I was picking up some drawings on a job I was tendering. Well, I got back into my car, drove out of the parking lot and turned the radio back on...only it wasn't the station I had it on. A Christian Radio station was on...and THAT is when I started to freak out!

At first I thought it was a mistake...that maybe I bumped one of the pre-sets or something...but no pre-sets had been set. I then thought, my hand must have hit the tuner by accident...but the station was tuned to 930 on the AM DIAL...I would have to had hit the tuner several times in either direction to get it over there. The car is electronic so the vehicle has to be turned on to change the station, so that rules out anyone breaking into my car and putting it on that station, and besides, I was only gone 10 minutes.

What was on the radio station was very interesting. I don't remember the name of the show, but it was a sermon about anger...that the anger of man does not do the righteousness of God. The speaker went on about the root causes and were it can lead to...needless to say this spoke to me in a very profound way!

It seems to me that God really wants me. Words fail me here, I am in tears writing this.

I started to pray again...

About the 2nd night from the event, at night while driving home from the city, I must have prayed though...I say this because something very powerful came over me...a spirit of repentance and crying out to God and turning back to Him.

I started to weep uncontrollably, it felt like every nerve in my body, every ounce of my life's energy (spirit) cried out to God in one big energy burst that lasted well over 20 minutes...indiscribable!
My conversion and return to the Lord has been very profound to say the least.

My repentance is true, and I stand on the righteousness which comes by faith in the finished work of Christ. In Christ I have no sin, for He took my sin away and nailed it to the cross, and where there is no sin, the righteousness that the law of God requires is fufilled...thus is explained the righteousness by faith and Christ fulfilling the law. How comes this righteousness? is by works? Or is it by faith? Yes it is by faith, ...I am one of the elect of God and I know it, having repented of my sins and turned away from them, and turned to the God of my salvation with a pure and undefiled heart.

But He called me by election. I am grateful that I know Him, and that my name is written down in heaven!

2009/3/18 14:09Profile
KathleenP

Maine

Re: My Testimony

Earendel,

Thanks so much for sharing this. I rarely read such long posts, but almost always do when it comes to a testimony of coming to Christ our Lord.

I backslid myself for a good fifteen years of my life after a most marvelous salvation. I sank into wretched sin but always thought about Jesus and looked for others that served Him. It was kindness and love I searched for. Saints, a backslider knows they're a backslider. They look for love to compel them to come back to Jesus.

I had several near death encounters after I silently prayed one day," Lord, whatever it takes, bring me back to you." I had everything according to the world at that time. I was miserable and dying in an adulterous marriage. God worked everything so well and so perfectly, that even though the marriage ended in a rocky manner, I have all relationships with this person and his family restored to peace and am now praying for their salvation. They saw the Lord transform this proud, profane person into His servant and I so thank Him for it.

I am blessed that the Shephard has brought you back also. What a filthy pit He rescued us from.

What a wonderful testimony He has given you. Now you can return and share what great things the Lord have done in your life. Praise God.

Kathleen

2009/3/18 16:41Profile
run2win

USA

Thank you for sharing. I, too, can hardly pass up a testimony.

2009/3/19 18:26Profile
Nellie

Praise God for restoring you, and thank-you for sharing your Testimony.
God Bless
Nellie

2009/3/19 22:40Profile
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Re:

Thanks everyone, I am truly blessed of the Lord. Since I have repented of my sins and returned to the Lord, I am finding myself worshipping God more and more, and the sins of the past are just dropping away out of my life. The presence of God's Holy Spirit is so awesome to bring about this change in me, I am truly grateful! As I worship God with my heart and in my spirit...I feel His Holy Spirit envelope me in love. A sweet smelling fragrance like that of sweet spice or flowers, accompanied by joy unspeakable and full of glory fills me, accompanied by great peace that floods my soul, a great calm, a sense of acceptance and true contentment. I can feel His Love as a presence, like a bright light shining on me. The more I cast my cares upon Him, the more the cares of this life just dissolve away. I have come to love the Lord Jesus with all of my heart. :-)

2009/3/23 23:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy