SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Will You Pray?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Onesimus4God

Cyber Space

Will You Pray?

Don’t Give UP!!!!!! Pray!!!!
My Lord and My God, have mercy on us and deliver us from the snare of the fowler.
My brothers and sisters, I sense an atmosphere of alarm all about us. As we watch in dismay our great nation is on full tilt and appears to be on the brink of destruction. Greed, lust, immorality has advanced its causes almost unabated. Why? Because the believers of Jesus Christ in this nation have stood by and have done nothing. It is easier to hold a tornado than to rally Christians into serious prayer.
Where oh where are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness? They are few and far between. Well, do not despair, you who do. For little is much when God is in it. One need only consider Gideon and his small band of believers. It was believe God or face certain destruction. But God and Gideon partnered to victory in spite of overwhelming numbers stacked against them.
Or consider David, who sought the Lord daily for instructions on how to win the battle. Today’s instructions will not work for tomorrows battles. God must be sought on a daily basis. If you will not take my word for it, perhaps you should consider the prophets:
Zeph 2:3 Seek the Lord [inquire for Him, inquire of Him, and require Him as the foremost necessity of your life], all you humble of the land who have acted in compliance with His revealed will and have kept His commandments; seek righteousness, seek humility [inquire for them, require them as vital]. It may be you will be hidden in the day of the Lord's anger.
Layed bare or hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger. Which will it be? Is your immorality and comfort more important than your survival? Will you repent with me and pray?
Joel 2:12-14 - Therefore also now, says the Lord, turn and keep on coming to Me with all your heart, with fasting, with weeping, and with mourning [until every hindrance is removed and the broken fellowship is restored].
13Rend your hearts and not your garments and return to the Lord, your God, for He is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and abounding in loving-kindness; and He revokes His sentence of evil [when His conditions are met].
14Who knows but what He will turn, revoke your sentence [of evil], and leave a blessing behind Him [giving you the means with which to serve Him], even a cereal or meal offering and a drink offering for the Lord, your God?
Will we simply stand by, or rather sit and lay by and let the spirit of antichrist run over our land and destroy what our brothers and sisters have given their lives to protect? It is time to kneel and pray, beloved. The hour of peril seems to be at the very door. Are you ready to watch your loved ones brutally slaughtered and do nothing to stop it. Love demands that we cry out to God. Faith demands that we cry out to God. Repent of our complacency. Repent of our disobedience. It’s time to get real serious about our personal walk with God, and the turmoil that swirls through our land. It’s time to rally the troops for battle. The battle is doubt and fear. The solution is talking to God together in faith, as a group in one accord , in fear and trembling. Oh God spare us!
That is not a cry of selfishness. It is a cry of wisdom. Oh God spare us! 2 Chron 7:14 moans through the trees in the wind, longing for a few who will repent and seek His face. Oh what turn of tide can be afforded to those who will seek the Lord on their face and impinge their faith in His mercy. Will you relent, or will YOU PRAY? 2 Chron 7:14 should be nailed to the front door of every church building, every Christian home and business. The alarm could not be more critical! God have mercy on us!
Lamenting,
"O"

2009/3/16 22:20Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy