SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Is Christ's Blood different than my blood?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: Re

No remarks about the video of Paul Washer? It is almost an hour long. Since your post came minutes after my post, I know that you did not even listen to it.

You're analysis of what Washer has to say would be a very interesting post. I'm sure you would try to create wiggle room, but the Word of God allows none, and neither does Paul Washer!

This is the link, if God puts it on your heart to study:

[url=http://media.sermonindex.net/14/SID14097.mp3]Paul Washer--Biblical Assurance part 2[/url]

Sincerely,

Walter

Quote:

Christinyou wrote:
How do we reconcile these passages in 1 John?

1 John 2:1-3 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

And;

1Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
1Jo 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
1Jo 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
1Jo 5:1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.
1Jo 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
1Jo 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

The first is; "if any man sin"
The second is; "whosoever is born of God"

The difference is the Christ in us cannot sin and He is who we are, "born of God" cannot sin, for His Seed remaineth in us. That is the Seed of Christ that cannot sin. But, we have an Advocate with the Father, "if any man sin", and in confession and, "cleansed from all unrighteousness", God is faithful and just to forgive us our sin and cleanse us from all unrighteousness, by the Christ that is in us.

So, delivered, already, cannot comit sin, being delivered, if we sin, confession, and will yet be delivered, the seed planted in the ground and in resurrection raised from death unto life in Christ Jesus.

2 Corinthians 1:10 Who delivered us from so great a death, and doth deliver: in whom we trust that He will yet deliver us;

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

If a man says he has no sin or has not sinned, He is a liar and the truth is not in him

In Christ: Phillip

2009/3/15 23:28

Re:

Brother Philip, forgive me for using "and" instead of "or" in that one sentence.

Jesus had to have his mother's blood type because HE had to be from the Davidic lineage.

This thread did start with a "scientific" post, but I had no idea where it was leading up to.

But back to the blood --- I have my Father's blood type but my Father had his mother's blood type.

My post should have read, the mother's or the father's.

I assumed this was a thread about "Divine Blood" and that is what I was posting to.

I'm sorry Walter that you don't see all that HE died for - for us - though I ended my post with Romans 8:29 .

Jesus' example to us was to not lean on our own understanding or anything from ourselves, as HE didn't - but as it is repeatedly written - HE said, 'the words that I speak and the works do not come from Me but from The Father' --- that is what Romans 8 is pointing us to "walk in".

Have you been hurt by someone's "sinless perfection" doctrine?
I don't believe in sinless perfection but I do see where the "potential" to not sin is very much provided for us.

I wish you Peace, from my heart.

2009/3/15 23:57
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Sorry Waltern, but the Ip address sends and error report, only.

2009/3/16 0:07Profile

Re:

To christinyou:

Isn't that strange! I tried them after I posted them, and just now tried both posts again, and they both work! The MP3's are on the sermonindex site.

You will find the 2nd through the 5 th mp3's following, that are all dedicated to you, and your 3 friends. Or, is it 4 friends now, I.m not sure:

http://media.sermonindex.net/14/SID14097.mp3
2n message- Biblical Assurance

http://media.sermonindex.net/14/SID14098.mp3
3rd message- Biblical Assurance

http://media.sermonindex.net/14/SID14098.mp3
4th message- Biblical Assurance

http://media.sermonindex.net/14/SID14101.mp3
5th message-- Biblical Assurance

They all work, just like my other posts do and did.

Sincerely,

Walter

Quote:

Christinyou wrote:
Sorry Waltern, but the Ip address sends and error report, only.

2009/3/16 0:15
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: Is Christ's Blood different than my blood?

Waltrn,

Quote:
It is addressed to you and your 3 "friends" (who usually always post in agreement with each other that the Christian believer has no sin to confess).

Quote:
...that are all dedicated to you, and your 3 friends. Or, is it 4 friends now, I.m not sure:

Please judge yourself. Your behavior is destructive.

2009/3/16 4:38Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Low.

Really low.

2009/3/16 5:59Profile

Re:

Quote:

Have you been hurt by someone's "sinless perfection" doctrine?
I don't believe in sinless perfection but I do see where the "potential" to not sin is very much provided for us.

I do agree brother that we can and MUST walk in a pure conscience before the Lord with victory over known sin. Yet many of the varieties of the "sinless perfection" doctrine that are passed around today do more to hurt the cause of "holiness onto the Lord" then cheap grace ever could.

2009/3/16 9:01
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

There is only one that is sinless and perfect.

That is the Christ in us.

Paul speaks to this mystery very clearly.

Colossians 1:25-29 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

That is why there is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus, just confession and forgiveness and cleansing and growing into the Mind and Stature of Christ by the Holy Spirit Parakleet.

2009/3/16 11:48Profile

Re:

Peter said that, there is a way to 'wrest/pervert the Scriptures to our own destruction' - either way - legalism, sinless-perfection or easy-grace.

A human who chooses to not be victorious in Christ - would love any easy way out.

Rather than read ALL of Romans 8 - they'd love to just quote it in part - "no condemnation" - period and go along in the flesh, doing what they "think" is right and/or wrong and just confessing it over and over and over again.

Romans 8 is not saying that that is how we have to live.

It says plainly - that there is no condemnation [i]to them which are IN Christ Jesus, who walk NOT after the flesh, but after The Spirit ... and then continues on to expand on that "walk".

It is not anything complicated. I posted Romans 8 and showed Jesus' earthly life as our Example.

HE did not have it Over us - HE was 'our' Example of how to "do this walk."

Please - Count how many times Jesus said "My Father".
See how many times that HE said, "the words that I speak are not mine own but ...... "
And - "the works that I do are not mine but ......"
Look and see how many times it says that Jesus "looked up" into Heaven to the Father.
Total dependency on The Father - through The Spirit - as a little child.
Asking Father what to do, say, think and so forth.

With us, many or most times, He'll point us to something from His Word --- but it's just the question of 'taking that minute' to look-up in spirit and ask.

That's it!

Setting our minds on things above --- seated in Heavenly Places --- praying without ceasing --- Knowing, hearing and following The Shepherd's Voice so that we won't follow another --- as helpless little children or dumb sheep --- Looking Up --- having our minds washed by the cleansing of The WORD --- Trusting in the LORD with all of our hearts and leaning not unto our own understanding and in ALL of our ways, acknowledging HIM, so that HE shall direct our paths ... knowing that ALL things are working together to conform us into HIS Image ... not by our works but by that dependence of looking up in constant prayer to HIM by HIS Spirit to guide, teach, lead, fill us with HIS WORD ......

[b]Total utter child-like Dependence which is "Active Continuous Faith in HIM"[/b] and not upon ourselves to "perform" but to "be led" and filled with the mind of Christ in and by His Word and John 16:13-14.

Like a little child - leaning, listening, filled with His Word and obeying what we hear or read.

Eating The WORD of GOD and full dependence on HIS John 10 Voice by HIS John 16:13 Spirit.

Then HE gets all the Glory and our minds are so full of HIM, there will be less time to allow temptations to make a nest in our heads.

Remembering that "sin" is just missing the mark of HIS IMAGE and not just immoral acts.

It's The Image of The Son that The Father had planned through the First born.

Not humans constantly falling until they're bruised enough from each "sin" to finally stop that one "sin" --- one "sin" at a time.

I don't find this "keep trying and failing" walk in HIS WORD --- I see HIM as our Only Example of total dependency.
According to Romans 8 and the whole of the N.T. - there's not a mention of boasting nor constant failing.

He's given us "HIS faith" - we have the GOD given potential to be those called the Overcomers.

Not by might - not by power - but by His Spirit - 'through' [1 John 4:9] our child-like looking up in constant dependence on HIM - as Jesus did while here in human flesh, as we are.
Filled with HIS WORD and HIS SPIRIT - more than conquerors [i]through[/i] Him that loves us.
The goal set before us is being in that constant communion 'more and more' - taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ - looking up and eating His Word.

It's not a mystery of "how to walk in the Spirit" - it's just our self-reliance that swings us into either legalism or easy-grace.

"Looking up" as Jesus constantly did - as a son looks onto his father - for guidance and to his father's words is not "works" - it's merely childlike or sheep-like Dependence.

The strife of Cain against Abel continues on -- though to follow HIS Example is so plainly written out for us about "dependence" -- but if we continue on being ignorant of HIS Dependent Example & keep on doing it our way [taking the credit [b]or[/b] the condemnation we feel] - we [i]will[/i] lose our Love.

1 John 4:17
Herein is our Love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as HE is, so are we in this world.

Know ye that the LORD He is God: it is He that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are His people, and the sheep of His pasture.

So we thy people and sheep of Thy pasture will give Thee Thanks for ever: we will shew forth Thy praise to all generations. Amen! To Thy Glory.

2009/3/16 15:34
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Praise God it is not my responsibility to be faithful and justified that I might be cleansed from all unrighteousness by the blood of Christ.

"If we confess", who is faithful and just? Not my faithfulness in confessing but by His Faithfulness through confessing.

Praise God my faithfulness comes by Jesus Christ in me and worked out in my quickened flesh by the Holy Spirit, who convicts and takes me to the cross when ever I need obedience and by the things I suffer, I learn, just like Jesus learned obedience by the things He suffered.

Now, Jesus calls us friends and brethern, God the Father calls us sons'.

That is how all of Romans 8 applies to my life in Christ Jesus, in whom I now glory.

Colossians 1:27-29 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

This is our labour, His working, which worketh in us mightily.

2009/3/16 20:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy