SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Divorce and Re-marriage

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
PosterThread
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re: ouch

Natan4Jesus wrote:

Quote:

dear friend Christian,
you certainly scorched Murr. ouch. I'm not rebuking you or him, just saying ouch.

words are like razors, or words are like balm.

I was just stunned by the razor-like nature of your words. I thought the brother was rather brave by being so transparent.

oh, Grace, how sweet the sound.

in Jesus' love, neil

My Brother in Christ.

I REJOICE in murrcolr's salvation AFTER his marriage to a divorced woman. REJOICE, REJOICE, REJOICE with the Angels!

His salvation is the BEST thing about this thread. Praise the Lord for this and I welcome to see all brothers and sisters in the Throne room someday! :-) :-) :-)

Divorce is still sin.

2009/3/18 20:33Profile

Re:

Ok, lets open this up a bit. Let me tell you a story, a true story.

A Christian couple were having problems. The woman decided to divorce her husband. There was no infidelity on his part, she wanted a divorce. The church sided with the woman that this was the best course of action. There was no room for reconciliation she wanted it out. So she divorced him.

Question: Can he remarry?

2009/3/18 20:45
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Please listen to "Ten Indictments" by Paul Washer and then come back..

EDIT: There are greater issues at stake here then simply divorce and remarriage.

ginnyrose

2009/3/18 21:18Profile
Dawn10379

Re:

This whole thread reminds me why I refuse to send anyone to this website.

It's a shame it's resources are worthless...

2009/3/18 21:30Profile
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Re:

Quote:

ginnyrose wrote:
Please listen to "Ten Indictments" by Paul Washer and then come back..

EDIT: There are greater issues at stake here then simply divorce and remarriage.

ginnyrose

It seems some people do not understand this; I will try and explain it so it is easy to understand.

The power of sin is in the Law, and the wages of sin is death...for through the Law, I have knowledge of sin and sinned revived and I died.

But the law has no power over me now...because I have no sin...and because I have no sin, I am not under the law
If I had sin, the law would have power over me, and I would be under the law.

Now this is the key to understanding this: [b]How do I have no sin?[/b] [u]Jesus nailed my sins to the cross and this is called grace;[/u] (I am under Grace)therefore, I have no more sins before God, and I am completely made righteous before the throne of God, and being made free from sin through the cross of Christ, I have peace with God the Father. This is the righteousness which is by faith. Do you understand? I am sin free before God because Jesus took away my sins, and where there is no sins, the righteousness that the law requires is fullfilled.

Now does this mean I do not have to have good works? ...of course not!! How shall we who have been freed from sin live any longer there in! God shall enable us to live free from sin in our lives:

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

verse 11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

(meaning God will enable us to live holy with good works!) My body is physically the Temple of the Holy Spirit...meaning a part of me is God. I have His seed born into my spirit (the holy of holies is the place of His residence which is my heart...and I love Him so) which grows and brings forth fruit unto righteousness (righteous works), but but the Spirit, I serve God...inwardly which manifests outwardly through righteous works. And every day is Holy and is the sabbath...Jesus my rest...because He is within me...flesh of my flesh and bones of my bones...I am His physical body on Earth as are others too (We are the Body of Christ)! We live every day in holiness to God...for without holiness, no one shall see Him.

Understand that when Jesus took away my sins, this opened up heaven so that the Holy Ghost could come and reside within me...He can only reside in a sinless place. I'll write more latter.

Paul said, (concerning marriage) that a person is to remain in the position that God called/found him.

2009/3/18 22:10Profile
BeYeDoers

Bloomington, IN

Re:

ginnyrose...do you have sources for your claim that "the exception clause" was added after 1000? Wescott and Hort have it in their Greek NT, and they relied upon Codex Alexandrinus and Sinaiticus, both written in the 4th century. In fact, no Greek NT I have (I have 4) even mention this reading as variant. Furthermore, the best scholars/commentators on the Greek such as Clarke, Barnes, Wesley mention nothing of the sort. The only thing I can find is that a few scholars reject Matthew's writing not based on Greek variants, but simply because they want to believe that Mark had it right and Matthew screwed it up.

Miccah, you are being awful presumptuous that you have it right and you alone use the scriptures. I have studied the scriptures intently on this subject, as have many older, wiser brothers, and conclude that, as another has mentioned, marriage is a covenant. When that covenant is broken, the covenant-breaker is held under bondage while the divorcee is free, whether to remarry or no.

There are some, you and Ginny included, that have come to different conclusions. I will leave you to those.

As Brother Philologos (Ron B) has said:
“It’s very easy to come to Bible conclusions in your study; it’s when people get involved that things get much more complicated”

When considering your Bible convictions, you must ask: 1. “Am I willing to die for this belief of mine?” 2. “Am I willing for another to die for this belief of mine?”

I highly recommend his teaching on this subject, found here in Studies 07 and 08:

[url=http://wiki.biblebase.com/index.php?title=Studies_in_1st_Corinthians]Church Life Revisited[/url]

2009/3/18 22:50Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

Miccah wrote:
Divorce is still sin.

Your right one of millions, but let me ask this, is sin, sin? or is Divorce deserve to be put into a different category of sin? or is there different categories? over eating is sin and I am guilty of that "sometimes" although I am in excellent shape because of the way my body can deal with over eating, but some folks can look at food and gain 10 pounds. So if sin is sin could we not slam folks that over eat, like some have the divorced here? and if not please explain why not. Someone said God hates divorce, I always thought God hated sin also, but Loves the sinner, so I guess I am sorta confused here and just looking for some answers.
Thanks Mr. Bill

2009/3/18 23:30Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
Miccah wrote 2009/3/18 17:02:
This whole post truly sickens me....
And looking over all these posts, I do not see one person who does not believe in divorce, condemning anyone who has had a divorce, or been remarried. I see scripture being brought up and spoken about. I see council given. I see longing hearts for those who may be contemplating divorce to turn away from it. I see much. But I do not see anyone saying that you are condemned or not saved because of your divorce.

Miccah wrote 2009/3/18 17:33
His salvation is the BEST thing about this thread. Praise the Lord for this and I welcome to see all brothers and sisters in the Throne room someday!

Brother, this doesn't look good on your part.... which is it going to be... he's on his way to hell or to heaven? What in the world happened between your two posts: "these posts truly sickening you" and then "his salvation being the best thing to happen to this thread"? James 1.8

Because from what you say in this sentence, [i]"But I do not see anyone saying that you are condemned or not saved because of your divorce;"[/i] it sure sounds like you are saying that divorced people are condemned or not saved because of our divorces.

Are you saying that divorced people are condemned? or not saved?

2009/3/18 23:32Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Lysa wrote:

Quote:

Brother, this doesn't look good on your part.... which is it going to be... he's on his way to hell or to heaven? What in the world happened between your two posts: "these posts truly sickening you" and then "his salvation being the best thing to happen to this thread"?

Apples and oranges. Re-read what I posted. Pray on it, then get back to me when it comes together. You will notice that I have not condemned anyone for divorce/remarriage in any of my posts, except calling sin what it is...sin.

And to see people here knowingly justifying sin IS sickning.

Quote:
James 1.8

psalm 119:158-160

Quote:
Because from what you say in this sentence, [i]"But I do not see anyone saying that you are condemned or not saved because of your divorce;"[/i] it sure sounds like you are saying that divorced people are condemned or not saved because of our divorces.

"sure sounds like" and truth are two different things. If you are going to accuse me of something, please at least be certain of the accusation against me.

Quote:
Are you saying that divorced people are condemned? or not saved?

Please re-read my post. My answer has already been posted.

Folks, there is a difference between conviction and condemnation. Conviction is from the Lord and leads one to repentance, and is a great thing to the repentant one. Condemnation/Condemned leads to hell. This can only come from the Lord, and is a horrible judgement for the unrepentant.

and if you walk as one who justifies sin...

2009/3/19 0:24Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

There is only one way to salvation and that is accepting the blood of JESUS CHRIST that was shed at Calvary for the atonement of our sins. By God's standard, every sin that you and I commit requires blood to be shed. In other words His required punishment for every sin is death and forever being separated from Him in the lake of fire. The good news is that Jesus paid that penalty of death for us so we don't have to, but it is up to us to accept that free gift.

God gave us the 10 commandments to show us how far we plummet from His standard of righteousness. Not one of us can keep all of the commandments, therefore we all fall short of God's measure of holiness required to qualify ourselves for heaven -- I don't care how "good" of a person we think we are. It says in James 2:10, "for whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one [point], he is guilty of all." By this standard we are all guilty of breaking every commandment, which means we will go to hell because of the wretched sinful person we are.

This leaves all of us only one option to escape our sentence of death in the lake of fire, and that is to accept Jesus death in place of ours. Jesus simply asks that we repent of our unrighteousness, confess Him as Lord and let Him take control. We must deny ourselves (flesh), take up our cross and follow Him. There are no magic words to say and no special "sinners prayer" that a pastor tells you to repeat. Jesus said to repent and be baptized. I remember I was alone in my bedroom and told Him I had made a mess of my life and had blown it, I repented of my multitude of sins, and told Him He was now Lord of my life, and I will do whatever He wants the rest of my life, and I meant every word of it. There were no lightning flashes, loud thunder or warm fuzzy feelings just a peace about what I said.

Once we completely release control to Jesus, He will begin the process of changing us. Jesus accepts us just like we are, but He also loves us enough not to let us stay that way. As He promised in His Word, there will be trials and temptations and persecution. God sends these hard times to perfect and mature us into the fullness of Christ, so our flesh will die and Jesus will emanate through us. Old friends may not be our friends any more. Our own blood family may even turn on us. Jesus never promised it would be easy, but he did promise He would be right there to help us endure. Our part is just to believe Him and trust his promises, one of which is He will give us a peace in the midst of the storm.

2009/3/19 0:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy