SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Just sharing

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

Just sharing

Greetings

This was shared with me and it really gave me pause. Just thought I would share it here for consideration :-)
May God Bless
MJ
_________
"Anyone God uses significantly is always deeply wounded... We are, each and every one of us, insignificant people who God has called and graced to use in a significant way... On the last day, Jesus will look us over not for medals, diplomas, or honors, but for scars."

Brennan Manning in Ruthless Trust

2009/3/13 19:29Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Just sharing

MaryJane,

What is the context in which the writer declared this to be true? ..just curious. Off hand I could reckon this statement to be true, but do have to think about it a while, especially the part about being deeply wounded.

ginnyrose

2009/3/13 20:58Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings Ginnyrose
I think this is an except from a book called, Ruthless Trust: The Way of the Ragamuffin. The author is a professing Christian. I have not read the book and only this quote from the book was shared with me. When I read the quote it just really struck me. For me the last part really made me think, "On the last day, Jesus will look us over not for medals, diplomas, or honors, but for scars."

I was thinking that when you follow Jesus with your whole heart that it will cost you something. Sometimes physical,sometimes emotional, but inevitability if we are truly laying down our life and following Him daily it will cost us something. I was also thinking sometimes we may not be able to see the scars that some carry the hurts or the hatred that some have had heaped upon them because our physical eyes are limited but Jesus, He sees every hurt, every wound and understands them all. He has eyes to see the hearts of those that really love Him, who are willing to live in obedience and submission to Him no matter what happens to them personally.The world looks for outward signs of success, degrees, honors, high paying positions, and power, but Jesus, He looks at the heart. He will see the scars of those who loved Him.

Anyway that was just how it spoke to me personally. Hopefully it makes a little bit of sense. After you think about it a while I would really love to hear what your thoughts are:-)

God Bless
Maryjane

2009/3/14 0:06Profile

Re:

Wounded and broken sister, wounded and broken. God Himself scourges everyone son and daugher He receives........Frank

2009/3/14 0:15
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

MaryJane,

After thinking about this, Psalm 51:17 came to my mind: The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; A broken and a contrite heart, O God, You will not despise. (NASB)As I would understand it it would mean that as long as I think I am capable of handling my own affairs independent of God,I would be proud and useless to God because this would be sin. God can only use a person who realizes his limitations and that even his best is wholly inadequate to do God's work: one has to be in total submission to the LORD before He can even use you. Matthew 11: 28-29 comes to my mind: being yoked up with Jesus. A beautiful picture emerges here: that of being yoked up with Him.

Quote:
I was thinking that when you follow Jesus with your whole heart that it will cost you something. Sometimes physical,sometimes emotional, but inevitability if we are truly laying down our life and following Him daily it will cost us something. I was also thinking sometimes we may not be able to see the scars that some carry the hurts or the hatred that some have had heaped upon them because our physical eyes are limited but Jesus, He sees every hurt, every wound and understands them all. He has eyes to see the hearts of those that really love Him, who are willing to live in obedience and submission to Him no matter what happens to them personally.The world looks for outward signs of success, degrees, honors, high paying positions, and power, but Jesus, He looks at the heart. He will see the scars of those who loved Him.

I agree.

Recently, I was again made aware of how little contentment things bring to a person. I know of two couples who have fine things but whose marriages are in shambles. Oh, and both profess to be Christians. By all appearances they have it all: success, nice houses, vehicles, skills, etc, you name it....but their relationships are in tatters. Pride, lust, covetousness, lack of submission all factor in here. "Broken spirit and contrite heart...." hhhmmm, I would guess if all marriage partners would possess these qualities there would be no divorces or separations? Got off on a rabbit trail here....

Anyhow, thanks for the challenge..

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2009/3/14 19:32Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Hi everyone,

Dear MaryJane,

In thinking about this I thought of what Jeremiah wrote in Lamentations chapter 3. And also how Job had said that the arrows of the Almighty were in him.

This qoute reminds me of some things that pastor Wurmbrand says in the message titled 'the Beauty of Nothing'.

I wish you well.

2009/3/14 20:12Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

MaryJane,

I thought just now too of what Paul said in Acts, that the Holy Spirit told him in every city that 'bonds and afflictions abide me.'

2009/3/14 20:19Profile
JoanM

Amy Carmichael has a wonderful poem, I think it is "Have you no scars?" or it has that refrain in it. In heart it says You cannot have traveled far with Him if you have no scars.

Paul's deeply meaningful words in Phi. 3:10 come often into my heart and mind. Your sharing IS a fellowship.

Blessings dear one
Joan

2009/3/14 20:24Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re:

its so refreshing to read responses that are from hearts that know the lord personally. i recognize brothers and sisters in christ by their scars because it is these very scars that i have on me and they remind me of how much the lord loves me that he counts me worthy of being corrected when i have something in my heart that offends him. I could not respect a father that would allow me to continue a life that is leading to destruction and doesnt try to correct me" these scars help us grow and know the lord and although they hurt at the time the wisdom and strength gained later is far more treasured.

2009/3/15 8:42Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy