Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : PERFECT PEACE by David Wilkerson

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 PERFECT PEACE by David Wilkerson

[b]PERFECT PEACE[/b]

In the time of panic, God’s trusting people will be blessed with perfect peace.

The Lord declares, “I create the fruit of the lips: Peace, peace to him that is far off, and to him that is near, saith the Lord: and I will heal him” (Isaiah 57:19). The Hebrew word for “peace” here is “perfect peace.”

I believe that as we’re surrounded by chaos and hysteria in the coming days, America is going to witness the greatest testimony of God’s glory and power it has even seen. How? All of America will see that many of God’s people possess his perfect peace! In that time the Lord is going to raise up a people who’ve been endowed with his absolute, perfect peace – peace that Christ himself now enjoys at the right hand of the Father. And we’re going to live, move and breathe in that wonderful peace.

Scripture says God will keep all who trust him “…in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee” (Isaiah 26.3). And right now, many of God’s people are making this commitment to him: “I’m going to set my heart to seek God through everything, no matter what comes. I’m going to give him all that I have and all that I am. I believe his judgment is coming – so I’m going to prepare myself for him, as his bride!”

God first made his promise of perfect peace to those in Judah who were undergoing a great chastening of the Lord upon their land. God was bringing down all the high fortresses and walls, all the pomp and riches people leaned on, “…even to the dust” (Isaiah 25:12). Even the faithful remnant that still trusted in God were shaken to their very core. Yet during that time, God told Isaiah to reassure these faithful believers: “The Lord is going to keep you in perfect peace – if you simply trust him!” The prophet said, “Lord, thou wilt ordain peace for us…” (26:12). In other words: “God is going to set up in our hearts his very own peace. He wants to give us a peace that can’t be shaken.

Likewise today, when panic strikes in America – when the ominous news begins to send shock waves of fear across the land, and hysteria mounts – God’s people won’t be able to avoid feeling the huge wave of human anxiety. That’s right – I will feel it, you will feel it; all Christians are going to feel it. Such feelings are inevitable; it’s simply human to have this kind of reaction to such terrible chaos. Yet, at the same time, God will put within us the resources needed to take immediate control of every fearful thought and bring it to the truth of Christ. And his Spirit will fill our very beings with his perfect peace!

2009/3/11 10:53Profile
HeartSong

Re: PERFECT PEACE by David Wilkerson

Yesterday, in learning about how to make bread, and cleaning wheat, I read:

"If you buy feild run at a co-op you can clean it by pouring it back and forth tween a couple buckets on a windy day or in front of a box fan."

This morning I read Psalm 1:

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper. [i]The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away. Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment,[/i] nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous. For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish."

As I reflected on this, it became obvious that in order for the separation to take place, all must be subjected to the wind. While the ungodly shall be driven away, the Lord assures us that those that are in Him shall stand.

2009/3/11 11:50Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

[img]http://www.wilkersonpublications.com/images/products/B1998-00005-HC-LG.jpg[/img]

[b]"God's Plan to Protect His People..."[/b]
by David Wilkerson

http://www.wilkersonpublications.com/Gods-Plan-to-Protect-His-People-P5C2.aspx

2009/3/11 12:18Profile
theopenlife

Re:

HeartSong said, "As I reflected on this, it became obvious that in order for the separation to take place, all must be subjected to the wind. While the ungodly shall be driven away, the Lord assures us that those that are in Him shall stand."

Thanks, HeartSong. Insightful observation.

2009/3/11 20:00Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy