SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Wilkerson's Prophetic Scorecard

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
wayneman

Michigan

Wilkerson's Prophetic Scorecard

We know DW is not a false prophet, because he doesn't claim to be a prophet. We know he isn't a false teacher, because Jesus said, "By their fruit you will know them," and DW's ministry does not bear the fruit of a false teacher. Fame has not gone to his head and managing millions of dollars has not turned him into a money-grubber. David Wilkerson Ministries glorifies Christ, not David Wilkerson. There can be no doubt as to his honesty, humility and faithfulness.

Here is a record (no doubt incomplete) of his past prophecies/predictions.

An excerpt from his 1973 book The Vision, predicting events for "the next ten years:"

A Crash is Coming-1
There is worldwide economic confusion just ahead. In my vision, this is the clearest thing I have seen. Many praying people now share this very same vision.

Not only is the American dollar headed for deep trouble, but so are all other world currencies. I see total economic confusion striking Europe first and then affecting Japan, the United States, Canada, and all other nations shortly thereafter.

It is not really a depression I see coming—but a recession of such magnitude that it will affect the lifestyle of nearly every wage earner in America and around the world. Countries that now control huge amounts of Western currency are going to be in very deep trouble also. Arab countries will especially be hurt.

Without a doubt, there are lean years ahead full of monetary confusion and despair. How soon is not clear, but it is not far away. The world’s greatest economists will be at a loss to explain the confusion, and an international crisis of fear will develop. A false economic boom will precede the recession—but it will be shortlived.

A Few Good Years to Prepare—2

In spite of all the danger signs around us of impending economic disaster, the next few years (from 1973) will be among the most prosperous in the history of mankind. They will be fat and flourishing years. In spite of tight money policies, people will continue to spend freely. Sales will continue to break records and people will spend more than ever in modern history. Credit debt will become nearly uncontrollable.

I see, very clearly, just a few years of tremendous affluence and continuing economic prosperity. Church budgets will increase, wages will increase—missionary giving will also increase.

Inflation, costs, and wages will spiral higher and higher. There will be a few minor adjustments in prices, but world economy will become white-hot.

When I received this vision in April of 1973, I also received clear instructions from the Holy Spirit to believe God for sufficient finances to clear all debts of our organization other than necessary mortgages. The message I received from God was very clear and to the point. It was simply this:

There is great economic confusion coming and lean years lay just ahead. There will be a few short, fat, and flourishing years to prepare for the lean years. Work and pray to clear off all debts and get ready for drastic cuts in budget. The money will not be flowing as it was in the past, and if you are free of debt, you’ll be able to maintain your programs even in the difficult years. Don’t panic—and don’t be afraid—just prepare for it and expect it!

Bankruptcies of Major corporations—3

I believe we are going to witness the bankruptcies of some of this nation’s major and most popular corporations. I see tremendous difficulty arising for credit corporations. There are going to be any people unable to pay off their heavy obligations to major credit card companies, causing near-chaos.

Thousands of small businesses will also be forced into bankruptcies. Three, and possibly four, of the major religious denominations will be forced to operate with a skeleton organization due to a lack of funds. More than a few churches are going to have to pull back. All but a few of the radio and television ministries will have to be abandoned.

Tight money will trigger a wave of uncertainty and fear. Those who have money will hold it in reserve.

The United States government is going to “overreact” to the confused economical developments.

I see a flurry of near-panic decision being made by various government agencies—but these hasty efforts to shore up the economy will backfire.

The President of the United States will make one, and possibly two, national radio and TV appearances to reassure the nation that all is well and that the best of economic times is just ahead. It will not work. People will distrust these statements, and their fears will lead to a revolution at the polls.

The auto industry is going to be hurt badly. Makers of recreational vehicles are going to get hit very hard. Appliance inventories will pile up, and sales will fall off drastically.

Almost every economic indicator will be gloomy. It will be spotty at first—but will eventually affect nearly all industry.

September 7, 1992:

"I have had recurring visions of over 1,000 fires burning at one time here in New York city. I am convinced race riots will soon explode! New York City is right now a powder keg-ready to blow!...federal and State Welfare cutbacks will be the spark that ignites the fuse. Next year, New York City could have over 100,000 angry men on the streets, enraged because they have been cut off from benefits....Federal troops will have to move in to restore order. New York City will have tanks running down its avenues....Churches will be closed for a season because it will be too dangerous to travel about. Fires will rage everywhere."

He stated in 1994:

"Right now I sense in my spirit that in less than 5 years there will be no more so-called gospel television networks. They will all fall into bankruptcy and absolute ruin."

April 15th 1992, "I am writing this letter to you on Saturday, April 15, 2000. I have on my desk the headlines in yesterday's paper: "BLACK FRIDAY - BIGGEST ONE-DAY DROP IN HISTORY." The Dow fell 618 points - the Nasdaq fell 355. I do not know what is coming in the next sixty days. If the market bounces back, I can assure you it will be temporary. THE CRASH IS INEVITABLE - NOTHING CAN STOP IT."

Follow-up, May 22nd, "In prayer, I have told the Lord I am ready at any time to confess I am wrong - that I must have spoken from my own fears or that I have spoken unadvisedly. Recently, when the market reached record highs, I wondered if those calling me a false prophet were right."

In the mid-eighties he stated, "I know from God I have less than ten years to live."

Several sources, including a member of this forum, stated that in the weeks preceding 9-11, TSC pastors devoted their time to prayer for NYC, sensing impending calamity.

More predictions from The Vision:

There will be major earthquakes.

There will be a major famine.

Floods, hurricanes and tornadoes will increase in frequency.

"A new kind of cosmic storm appearing as a raging fire in the sky leaving a kind of vapor trail."

"A flood of filth and a baptism of dirt in America"

Topless women will appear on television, followed by full nudity.

Adult, X rated movies will be shown on cable television. Young people will gather at homes to watch this kind of material in groups.

There will be an acceptance of homosexuality, and the church will even say that it is a God-given gift.

"I see the new number one youth problem in America and the world as hatred towards parents."

"A persecution madness against truly Spirit filled Christians who love Jesus Christ"

There will arise a world church consisting of a union between liberal ecumenical Protestants and the Roman Catholic Church, using Christ in name only.

There will be a hate Christ movement.

There will be a spiritual awakening behind the Iron and Bamboo Curtains.

There will be another wave of riots.

There will be a fall in moral conduct.

There will be a new drug that will be popular with teenagers that will break down resistance and will encourage sexual activity.

Homosexual and lesbian ministers will be ordained and this will be heralded as a new breed of pioneer.

There will be nude dancing in church, but this will never be widespread.

There will be occult practices in churches.

2009/3/10 20:18Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re: Wilkerson's Prophetic Scorecard

There are so many threads up now concerning David Wilkerson's recent "Urgent Message" that I don't know where to post what I want to say.

But personally I take his recent message very seriously... and feel that certain leadership who have called this in question have not weighed carefully enough what they put forth.

Yes, it may be said (perhaps) that Wilkerson doesn't quite have 20:20 vision, spiritually speaking. But this does not make him a false prophet. I look at the whole man, and his integrity, and his faithfulness, and the obvious evidence that God is with him.

We are not at the place yet, I think, where any prophets in the church have the testimony Samuel had, which was that "the LORD was with him, and did let none of his words fall the ground" (I Sam. 3.19). In other words, every single word Samuel spoke came to pass. We are not there yet, but I believe in due time we shall be.

But for many years, David Wilkerson has been sounding an alarm. He is a faithful watchman (he doesn't call himself a prophet, actually). He has faithfully sounded the alarm concerning what is coming. Surely we ourselves are hearing that, aren't we? I believe if we are listening in on the Lord these days, and hearing what the Spirit is saying, we are hearing this alarm.

"...The day of thy watchmen, and of thy visitation, cometh..." (Micah 7:4).

Someone asked (on another thread) what the purpose of such a message would be.

Well, what is the purpose of a trumpet that sounds an alarm? Awaken! Prepare! Seek God!

And Wilkerson is not the only one sounding this alarm these days. For many years now, God has been faithful to send, "rising early and sending," those with a message warning His people about the days that are at the door.

We do well to heed Him, I would say.

And so, speaking of 20:20 vision, I am reminded of 2 Chr. 20:20. "Believe in the LORD your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper."

...It is a very critical hour. Hopefully we are not waiting for the crisis to hit before we get our relationship with the Lord to where it needs to be. I think we should seek these days to be living in such a way that, when a great shaking takes place, it doesn't overtake us by surprise: no changes in our life are necessary; we are already living a life in which our ear is bent toward our Lord Jesus, listening, and ready to do His will. All the time.

Let us be looking to our Lord to bring us deeper into that abiding relationship with Christ. We need to be seeking the grace to abide in Christ. That is the only place of safety (as always), being in Him, and in the centre of the will of God.

AD

2009/3/10 21:59Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy