SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : The coming evangelical collapse

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Dohzman writes.....

"As to these false prophets, I don't have any need to hear from them, I can reconize the voice of "Our" shepard when it comes, and through who it comes...i.e. books , posts, letters, voice etc...
That which is true may not always be truth, I don't know if you can grasp that concept, but I can tell you a whole lot true things based on observations, surveys etc... but that doesn't nessarily mean that they are truth, for real truth rests and belongs to God and Him alone, and why would He speak through ungodly men at this juncture in life when He has declared that He'll do notthing except He first reveal it through His servants the prophets?"

Dear Dohzman, you have now called this guy a false prophet, a wolf in sheeps clothing and an ungoldy man.And also a heretic. Now, you spoke of the "accuser of the brethren." The truth is he is a Christian. His articles are frequently picked up and published in the Monitor. And for that, you have publicly "stoned," him. I am not sure where to go with that brother, not sure at all. Please read the bio that others have copied here about this guy..........Frank

2009/3/11 18:05
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Quote:
There are three kinds of evangelical churches today: consumer-driven megachurches, dying churches, and new churches whose future is fragile.

Quote:
Is it a good thing that many marginal believers will depart? Possibly, if churches begin and continue the work of renewing serious church membership. We must change the conversation from the maintenance of traditional churches to developing new and culturally appropriate ones.

Quote:
I'm not a prophet. My view of evangelicalism is not authoritative or infallible. I am certainly wrong in some of these predictions. But is there anyone who is observing evangelicalism in these times who does not sense that the future of our movement holds many dangers and much potential?

The Church of God, and it's condition in the Earth, is not our play thing.

This constant spewing forth of our opinons(EDIT: in particular about what belongs to God, and bears God's name) is sick.

2009/3/11 18:28Profile

Re:

Chris...Many on sermonindex, and those who have written on revival have talked about "sleepy Christians." They have also talked about the state of the Church. Luther was not very impressed with the state of The Catholic church, Whitfield was not very impressed for what passed for Christianity, Wilberforce wrote the book "Real Christianity," exposing what was real and what was religious. Tozer talked about the state of the Church, Bonhoefferr too and coutless others. Do they all make you sick?. I venture to say that none of them considered the church on earth as a play thing. In fact, many gave their lives to the ones who were actually playing at this "Church thing."...........Frank

2009/3/11 18:51
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi Frank,

I have not read much of anything that those men wrote about the Church. I don't know.

If they spoke the words of the One that walks in the midst of the candlesticks, who could argue.

2009/3/11 21:59Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Frank, also if I could suggest,

Quote:
I venture to say that none of them considered the church on earth as a play thing.

I think that we should consider this question for ourselves, apart from what others may have done in the past.

We have very powerfull technology and means to spread information.

We are interacting with each other and people in ways that are not easliy seen or comprehended by us.

I think that great caution is needed.

2009/3/11 22:08Profile
dohzman

Re:

Quote:
you have now called this guy a false prophet, a wolf in sheeps clothing and an ungoldy man.And also a heretic

Amo 3:3 Can two walk together, except they be agreed?
Ok i read his bio. Now what? Am I to be impressed
? Awed? I know I sound hard but let me pose a senerio you may be better able to understand. Let's say I write an article that condemns evangelicals and the satan free press picks it up and uses it with my permission, I have bid them God speed, I have given them my blessing and any and all of my credibility....2Jn 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
2Jn 1:8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.
2Jn 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
2Jn 1:10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
Where exactly does the CS stand? Heresy and error.

We live in a free society and think that obedience to the written word of God is oppositional, it is not. If a christians writtings appear in a JW's Tower publication with thier consent they are equally wrong no matter how right of factual thier writting is, they "lead" others into error, they allow for a little leaven to enter into those who are following them and they will be held accountable, now that may not be popular to hear say or what ever, but it IS sound christian doctrine and over 2000 years of church teachings bear it out. I don't care what label I have to wear, accuser? No not at all...his own actions in allowing an ungodly publication to print his writtings have become his accuser. Believe it or not he has aligned himself with the Christian Science Cult by allowing that article to be used in thier publication and he himself may be involved with CS in practice since they believe one can be a baptist as well as a christian science participate.

Brother Frank, I don't think you get it here. This man has a following, he's leading people, he has now lead people to SC and some who FOLLOW him will end up in heresy because they wont just read his article they will figure since he wrote for the CS it must all be OK. Man are you blind?! We are talking about eternal souls here, we"er talking about taking stalk of our actions and looking way down the road and seeing the remifications of what we teach---Jesus' actions validated His teaching.Jas 3:1 My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.

Now I have consistantly brought you the Word of God and that by sound precept and principle. I can't make a judgement call on his character/nature but his actions of association and where he leads his followers needs a little more discernment, he needs to ask the Lord for wisdom in this

2009/3/11 22:38Profile

Re:

Brother, you wrote.....

"Ok i read his bio. Now what? Am I to be impressed
? Awed? "

Do you know how self-righteous and arrogant that sounds? I say that with great sadness. The bio, which I did not even post here, was simply to prove he was not a cultist. You are simply wrong on this brother. You accused this guy of many things. The least of which is that he should not allow his writings to be published in this newspaper. On this last point perhaps one could have a discussion. Yet on the false prophet part, or the heresy part, or the wolf in sheeps clothing part or the ungodly man part, are you not in the least bit ashamed brother?

In this particular case brother , the only thing that you have consistantly brought me is self-righteousness, judgmental stone throwing attitude wrapped around Scripture. Its very sad :(.......Frank

2009/3/11 23:27

Re:

Hi Chris

I think in the end one cannot judge anothers motives, only his words and actions.....Frank

2009/3/11 23:30
dohzman

Re:

If you knew me you'd know that there's nothing in me that i pride myself on, nothing at all.As to self righteous? I don't think so, Ive looked inside of me and what I see has me up at nights thinking often,If I barely make it what is the end of those who don't believe. And make no mistake, that publication is meant to convert people to Christian Science.

Do you rember Jim Jones? Whats sad is that you can't see that the actions of association will lead some poor souls straight to an eternal hell because they will buy into a lie, thats what's sad. I guess if I sound self righteous but prevent one unlearned person from following this man into CS teachings by a courious glance beyond his article so be it, my hands are free from innocent blood in this matter. The warning has been given so let me make it plain and clear....Steer very clear of Christian Science anything or you WILL end up following a decieving spirit.

2009/3/12 0:04Profile
openairboy

Re:

Quote:
Here is another post by the author.

Please note: the guy is rejecting such ridiculous notions. And, yes, 'texting' in your decision for Jesus is ridiculous. Yea, there is the "Are you saying the Holy Spirit can't use it?" trump card, but come on.

I am all for critiquing this fella, if necessary, but lets make sure we know what we are aiming at.

2009/3/12 0:39Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy