SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : WHO DREAMED UP THIS PLAN FOR SURVIVAL? by David Wilkerson

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Robert,

Please consider my comments on Acts 11 at
[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=27808&post_id=214825&order=1&viewmode=flat&pid=214817&forum=34#214825]https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=27808&post_id=214825&order=1&viewmode=flat&pid=214817&forum=34#214825[/url]

God bless you brother,

In Christ

-Jim

2009/3/10 17:57

Re:

Also Robert, I want to make it clear that you are not suggesting this is what Wilkerson is talking about. He is talking about a similar scenario as if a hurricane hit, not an extended famine, just a few tough weeks.

In Christ - Jim

2009/3/10 17:59
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
Also Robert, I want to make it clear that you are not suggesting this is what Wilkerson is talking about. He is talking about a similar scenario as if a hurricane hit, not an extended famine, just a few tough weeks.

Just to add couple of things, I think it is important to know that there is a lot of anxiety and unrest already among people that I talk to. Many are not buying food they are buying guns and ammunition. Truly we are living in a very dangerous time. As much as I respect and have enjoyed Dave Wilkerson, I do NOT believe we need a 'prophet' to warn us about common sense type things. I am already on high alert and so are many other people. Have been for a very long time.

Secondly, and as one other person posted, we need direction from God ourselves. When 911 hit it effected a few major areas, but for a time the whole nation was was in panic and desperate fear. I DO NOT believe that God desires for His children to tremble. Did Paul tremble when the boat was near to sinking as the winds and waves pounded the ship and no one could see their hand in front of their faces? Did the Moravians tremble when their ship was near to go down? If they had Wesley may well have believed he was OK with God.

Believers need to be walking in faith with their face like a flint even in the face of the most fierce astonishments. What has a true believer to fear? Death? Hell? An angry God? We have to stop pulling our Old Testament concepts and applying them to New Testament scenerios. I DO NOT believe God's children are supposed to run and hide in their bedrooms as would a child in fear of a drunken father coming home in a tyrade. We need to be rid of these false notions. God is our Father and if the godliest among us tremble- let them tremble for the lost sinners and not for personal fear.

2009/3/11 7:19Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

I understand the point. The challenge is I am not sure what to make of what Dave Wilkerson has said. I am more troubled that he wrote it than I am about what he wrote. I do not feel compelled to fall in line with it. So I am not considering the words as oracles to me (God speaking towards 'me' or me-wards) at this point. If others do that is fine. I heard a lot of godly men make Y2K claims and I bought into them and so did many others.

However, it was then that I had to discern the difference between FEAR and the voice of God. Fear can make people think God is speaking when He is not. If believers are moved to action by Wilkersons post, may it be by faith if they feel the witness of God and [u]not[/u] because they read the post and are now afraid.

I do not believe God works in His children by scaring them. This is why I have such resentment for the whole Eschatological Pre-trib madness. I have been driven by fears since childhood waiting on things to happen that were concoctions of well intending men. I say away with it all and lets hear from God's word and His Spirit being 'ready' for [i]whatever[/i] happens.

2009/3/11 7:30Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: WHO DREAMED UP THIS PLAN FOR SURVIVAL? by David Wilkerson

Quote:

ccrider wrote:
"If we store up goods then we have a problem." Robert W

I disagree. The storing up of goods in selfishness is a problem... yes. But if I store up to give away to others in time of famine and need, then this can glorify God.

I'm not trying to argue but I'd like to point out that someone in another discussion said that if we store up, then all of our food will be gone in one day and then where will we be? Right back where we started UNLESS like RobertW said you dole it out and shut up your bowels of compassion to make the food last. God forbid.

I agree with both men. How much will you have to have to store up to feed a neighborhood??? And for every day??? It is endless. Years ago when I was heavily into post trib (I ran with a bunch of survivalist type people! Yes, another bandwagon!! lol) but my point is... the focus was not on being ready for Christ's return spiritually, it was on what "self" could do in the natural to prepare... and no matter what the explanations were, it was based on self-preservation; period. Jesus said, we are to lose our life, not save it and in the process of dieing, we live!!

This is not for you personally, ccrider, but those who deceive themselves into thinking they can or will be the ones to help everyone. It will not be so. It will be God alone.

My question to anyone who is storing up... how can you apply this and where Jesus fed up to 10,000 with one fish and two loaves? Do we not read our Bibles and believe that HE is the same yesterday, today and forever?? [edit] Yes, we will hear the spoon scrape the bottom of the meal barrel but God will bless it! [/edit]

To God alone be all the glory!! Forever and ever, amen!!!

2009/3/11 9:22Profile

Re:

Quote:

Amen! We used to sing, "Send Judah First" - the Praise Team that marches ahead of the others.

As the bag-pipers would march in the lead of the troops - playing their songs as the frontline to the battle.

I don't see it as a marching army per say - but that the Praise Gang will march ahead of the more timid and help them to get [i]through[/i].

1 Thess 5:11-28 Amen!

Quote:

2009/3/11 15:37
scotsbaker

England.

Re: Storing Up Food

Back in October 2008, a lady in my church in England, UK received these words which were read out in church by the Pastor:

"PREPARE!

You, my Church are the custodians of this land. I have given you the keys to unlock this nation from its bondage. This is a great responsibility as well as a great joy. NOW is the time to prepare. NOW is the time, like Noah, to listen to my voice, even though England is unaware of the great trauma that is ahead. NOW is the time to plan. How is My Church going to save the widows and orphans, the elderly and infirm? How will you put to work the hands of the unemployed and feed the refugee?

I am poised to glorify Myself through My Church in this land. I am ready to do great wonders and miracles through My People. The high of this nation are going to be brought low. My Church will become the rock on to which people cling in the storm. I will be among you; My Presence will be strong. Those who consider themselves the lowest of the low, like Gideon, will achieve great things through Me.

You MUST prepare, do not be caught unaware. The judgement I am sending upon this country will be lessened because of you. Through you, I am answering the prayers of those who have gone before. Do not lie idle or you will not see my power. Fast and pray, seek My face. Prepare and plan. What are you going to do for the broken hearted, the children, the fatherless? How are you going to feed the hungry and clothe those who are naked? When all is crumbling away, the people of this land will see My Church is still solid, and still faithful to Me. My Name will be glorified, My Holy Spirit will be let loose to work in the hearts of millions.

But time is slipping away, My Church. You must understand this is no word to cheer you up. Now is the time for urgent action, there is not long before the storm will hit and I do not want My People to be found wanting. Start looking outwards from your base. I will reveal the needs of your communities and you will meet those needs in My Strength. I will not abandon you in this time of trial. I will not leave you without resources. The time is coming when there will the nothing to rely upon but Me. George Muller understood this. Did I leave My Children to wander in the desert for 40 years without feeding them? You are My Children; keep your eyes fixed upon Me. The challenges I am sending you are hard, but I will give you strength and you will shine out in the darkness that is to fall, as beacons of hope. Those who are lost will come to you.

You must work alongside those of my people who worship in different buildings. Pool your resources, share your skills and knowledge. Do not let historic differences come between you, for this will hinder you in meeting the needs of the suffering. For I am the God of the poor and the lowly, and you will need to be united to meet their needs.

Leaders, I have bestowed upon you skills and knowledge; I will send you my people to carry out my will and the finances to do so. The work is not just yours; many hands are needed to carry out the work you all have to do. I will provide. I will not see My Children put to shame when they are eager to do My Will. You will see how I will provide and be amazed!

Now is the time to get ready, like a soldier going into battle, an army going to war. Have everything to hand so that when the enemy strikes you are not crushed. I am and will be all that you need. Seek after my wisdom, bring to Me your requests and I will answer them beyond your wildest imaginings."

2009/3/11 16:33Profile

Re:

I think David Wilkerson can be trusted when he gives a warning, after all he has been proven that he is a prophet. Has anyone not read his book the Vision, which was written back in 1973 and contains the very events and conditions we are living in today?

I take what this prophet says carefully. I hope and pray that I will stand in the evil day. It's going to take 30 days to restore order and keeping your basic needs in stock is not too much to ask. This may be common sense, but there is a lot of people out there that don't know how to respond to common sense.

2009/3/11 18:14
theopenlife

Re:

Regarding RobertW's and ccrider's words, I feel personally compelled to store up for the sake of blessing others if and when any calamity comes. Imagine an earthquake hitting your town, and being able to say to a needy person, "friend, take this meal and these clothes." "How did you know to prepare? Why are you being so generous at a time like this?" "I only knew I wanted to help others in the name of Christ, as His word has said."

In Romans, Paul remind the believers to "distribute to the necessity of the saints." We should be forward thinking to help other locales of the body, regardless of the situation.

2009/3/11 19:41Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
DeepThinker wrote:
I think David Wilkerson can be trusted when he gives a warning, after all he has been proven that he is a prophet.

DeepThinker,
I really enjoy Conlon's and Wilkerson's sermons but I need to ask you how "we" know he is a proven prophet. I'm not trying to set you up or anything or be a smart alec. I've never considered him one and I don't think he is just being humble when he himself says that he isn't one.

Secondly, it took way more than 30 days to get order in New Orleans. If it is the WHOLE country, it would probably be way more than 30 months to get even a simbulance of order.

#3... When I talked about not storing up food, I wasn't talking about the people who garden and lay up for the winter. If you thought I meant you, I'm sorry. It's just hard to type ALL your beliefs!! I used to be able to garden and I 'ALWAYS' loved my own fresh green beans, corn and beets during the winter months! If you garden and have extra that is great; keep doing what you are doing!

God bless,

2009/3/11 20:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy