SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Breaking Chains

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Breaking Chains

With all the bad news we hear these days it's time to celebrate some good news!

A father and son in my community were recently saved and set free from addiction by the power of the gospel.

Joseph, the son, grew up without his father around on a consistent basis and he became bitter, angry, selfish, and eventually, an inmate in the Arizona correctional system. One day his cellmate pulled out a Bible and shared the love of Christ with him, he shrugged it off but that night he couldn't sleep and cried out to God, "if you're there and you love me like that book says you do, give me a letter so that I know you're real."

Unknown to Joseph, several months before this, his father Robert, who had been a homeless heroin addict, cried out to God for help and God heard his prayer and saved him. Robert then went to Teen Challenge and after 4 months at the Phoenix center he heard that his son was in jail. He cried out to God for mercy on his son, and immediately wrote a letter of encouragement to him.

It takes two weeks for a letter to get through the Arizona prison system. Exactly two weeks after Joseph had said his prayer his fathers letter arrived. He hadn't spoken to his father in 7 years! This letter was filled with hope and salvation in Christ Jesus. When Joseph was paroled his father was there to pick him up, he went to Teen Challenge and 3 days later gave his life to the Lord Jesus Christ. Now father is mentoring son as they both grow in grace and knowledge of the Lord!

God is good!

In Christ,

Ron

2009/3/9 19:40Profile
MattChenier

Longview,WA

Re: Breaking Chains

I am so blessed to hear this letter. Thank you! It is wonderful when you lead somebody to Christ. It is more wonderful, to me, to see how God works behind the scenes to do the real leading.

2009/3/9 19:49Profile
growingholly

Re:

praise God!! i will pray over our new brothers.

2009/3/10 9:15Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy