SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : AMAZING!...Pastor stops bullet with his BIBLE.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
GoDcOmEdOwN

AMAZING!...Pastor stops bullet with his BIBLE.

Last night in the "Top News" Their was an article of a pastor that got shot and killed while delivering his message on Sunday morning. The whole shocking part of it all, is that he deflected the first 4 round's with an {iron sword} "The Scripture's" yes! Without a doubt it was the Lord or sent angels that came down at that moment and shielded this servant of God. The bible in its material sense is nothing but thin leather and a deck of paper. Any bullet can penetrate paper. Unless of course, The Lord is present.

read the full story..

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/03/08/illinois-church-shooting_n_172858.html

2009/3/9 17:37Profile
rreighe

Re: AMAZING!...Pastor stops bullet with his BIBLE.

i saw a glance of this on my news... i had to leave early so i couldn't watch. thanks for posting this.

2009/3/9 18:43Profile
MattChenier

Longview,WA

Re:

There is a gentleman in my church with a similar story that happened this last week. His uncle and aunt, a pastor and his wife were attacked by two men. Both the men were hunters and skilled with guns. One had a shotgun and the other a semi-automatic rifle. The first shot with the shotgun was aimed at the pastor's wife. The pastor shielded here with his body and received the blast to his back but she to her face. They two hunters unloaded both guns and never hit them again after that. A true miracle! Please pray for these hunters. One was the pastor and his wife's son! They both are alive and want prayer for their son.

2009/3/9 19:45Profile

Re: AMAZING!...Pastor stops bullet with his BIBLE.

I do not get it.

The Pastor was killed!

"A pastor shot and killed during his Sunday sermon deflected the first of the gunman's four rounds with a Bible, sending a confetti-like spray of paper into the air in a horrifying scene that congregants initially thought was a skit, police said."

2009/3/9 20:01
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Quote:
I do not get it. The Pastor was killed!

When I first saw this thread and every time since, the title bothers me. Could it be that the poster did not read the complete article. I believe that is how I shall view it because I do not want to think they would post a thread to bring pain.

white stone

2009/3/10 0:57Profile
MattChenier

Longview,WA

Re:

Yah the original poster wrote that he stopped the first four, but another quoted it being the first of four rounds. And yes it appears he did die. Not really a praise report about deflecting one bullet if that is the case.

2009/3/10 3:18Profile

Re:

Yea, I was confused too... a miracle that ends tragically? I believe that if they ever do any forensics on this they will find that physics deflected the bullets, not angels. To say it was angels is to say that the forces of Heaven were overcome by evil.

As to the other story someone told about the "hunters"... please stop referring to them as "hunters". The fact that they may have hunted from time to time is not relevent to the story, and it paints a very negative picture of hunters.

Kinda like whenever a mother kills her children and the press finds out she homeschooled her kids... all of a sudden they refer to her as "homeschool mom". You never hear parents who commit evil against their kids, who also happen to send them to public school, as "public school mom" tho!

It's also like saying that all Christians are just like Jim Bakker.

Krispy

2009/3/10 7:30
MattChenier

Longview,WA

Re:

LOL, wow, I am very sorry. You seem to not understand though that the reason I refered to them as hunters is to emphasize the miracle of them not being shot again. I am definitely not in any way referring to hunters or hunting as bad.

Acts 11:7

2009/3/10 13:32Profile

Re:

I wasnt offended brother... just that I am a strong proponent of the 2nd Ammendment, and an avid hunter, and so I am used to people trying to paint people like me as evil gun toting maniacs.

Remember, Virginia Tech is a "gun free" zone. If there could have been a responsible law-abiding legal gun owner carrying that day... a lot of lives could have been saved.

Krispy

2009/3/11 7:48

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy