SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : living situation

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
growingholly

living situation

please pray over me, i was tricked (part by trickery, part by my own naivety) into a living situation that is very hard to bear.

i am constantly barraged by violence and adultery under my roof by my roommate and her boyfriend. it is very hard to be here, i am always exhausted from it and in constant despair over it, and yet God is keeping me here. i've been trying to fill my spot in this apartment since mid-january. this is taking an awful toll on my heart, and the oppression in our apartment is nearly crushing me.

please pray for me that God will grant me strength in Him and to fight for His glory. please pray that, if it would please the Lord, He would grant me to be removed from the place. but if not, that He would give me strength to glorify and love Him in my apartment. i have shared the truth with my roommates (both claim to be Christians) and the one seems to hate me now, which is ok. but i need strength.

please also pray for the salvation of the two roommates, the boyfriend, and the baby coming.

please. i desperately, desperately need your prayers in this.
know that i pray for all of you on my face continually.

love you all so much.
holly

2009/3/9 11:38Profile
growingholly

Re: living situation

God forgive me for being so whiny and self-centered...i am needy and desperate for only You. plase have mercy, Lord.

thank you for your prayers, dear ones.

2009/3/9 18:42Profile
KathleenP

Maine

Re:

Dear Holly,

What I pray for you Sister, is a wonderful dose of peace from the Lord. I have been looking throught the Book of Psalms and it is filled with scriptures of pleading for the Lord's help and His deliverance that follows. I pray that the Lord will deliver you from anxiousness and fearfulness.

I'm not sure how long you have been saved, but know that once we become serious about serving Him, we become very aware of a spritual battle taking place and our need to be grounded in His word.

Psalm 46:10 says to be still and know that He is God. It's that simple. He is very aware of your situation and He will straighten things out but all things require time and patience. Ask the Lord to begin to guide you step by step in whatever direction He desires you to go. Your situation will not cause you to lose your salvation, it will give the Lord an opportunity to show you what He can do in your life.

Unless your life is being threatened, take a deep breath and relax a bit. The Word tells us to be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. Philippians 4:6

He knows this situation vexes you, but be kind to these roommates and the Lord will make you an example. I will pray tonight that you will begin to be freed from fear and that you will realize that God is fully in charge and will set things in order. He will honor your desire to know Him and protect you.

I believe that the Lord wants your trust in Him to be built up Holly and if you'll lay this situation at His feet, He will carry this tremendous burden for you.

Keep us posted and sleep well tonight.

Kathleen

2009/3/9 20:16Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings Holly

I will be praying for you to have strength in the Lord.

God Bless
MJ

2009/3/9 21:54Profile
growingholly

Re:

thank you guys so much, you have spoken truth to me. i'm just a baby Christian, and have so very much to learn. oh, thank you for your faithfulness to Him to speak truth to me, thank you truly. be blessed...thank you for your prayers, He did comfort me so much.

2009/3/10 9:14Profile
Vakugal

Bangalore, India

Re:

We do take care of our babies more than our adult children.
Our eyes are always on them. to come to their aid.
TO comfort them when they fall and help them while they walk.
How much our heavenly Father, who even guards our very thoughts.
Only believe. God will give you Grace.

1Co 10:13 No temptation has taken you but what is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted above what you are able, but with the temptation also will make a way to escape, so that you may be able to bear it.

Psa 139:1 O Jehovah, You have searched me and have known me.
Psa 139:2 You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off.
Psa 139:3 You search my path and my lying down, and are acquainted with all my ways.
Psa 139:4 For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O Jehovah, You know it altogether.
Psa 139:5 You have closed me in behind and in front, and laid Your hand on me.
Psa 139:6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot go up to it.

2009/3/10 9:38Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: living situation

growingholly,

I am wondering if perchance it would not be in your best interests to remove yourself physically from this situation? By staying there are you not abetting the situation and therefore endangering your own spiritual survival?

Something to consider...seems to me the LORD would have you leave Sodom...is this not what you feel in your spirit that the LORD would have you do? At the moment your own spiritual welfare is of utmost importance.

Blessings to you,
ginnyrose

2009/3/15 2:07Profile
growingholly

Re:

ginnyrose, thank you for this...i am most definitely in complete agreement with you, and i have been trying since january (advertising on craigslist and a church website here) to get someone to move in so i can move out. many have come and seen it, but no one will commit to moving in. i think that is a huge part of the frustration, feeling sure that i shouldn't be there...but God has not let me out. very hard to take.

2009/3/16 12:26Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Quote:
. . . feeling sure that i shouldn't be there...but God has not let me out . . .

Whenever I have felt like this it is because there has been something yet to learn in the situation. Ask the Lord to show you what you are missing in the lesson.

Thank you for posting this, as I needed to be reminded of this myself.

2009/3/16 12:36Profile
growingholly

Re:

i need to learn to not try to love in my own strength. i just can't do it right. only God can do this through me, and i believe that is what i need to learn. i just began to see this over the weekend. i don't want to hurt people, but i always do just trying to help them. my trying only has served to mangle relationships. i am determined to obey God and not go about this on my own anymore. my heart is broken because i've hurt people trying to love them. and worst of all, this means that the name if the Lord is blasphemed among the gentiles because of me. pray for His mercy on me.

2009/3/16 12:43Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy