SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : times square church

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
so i am really convicted of this: i really should have gone to the church first before posting, truly, that was sin. so i confess this before you all. i'm sorry for it and hope to never repeat the error.

No, it wasnt a sin. This forum is a good sounding board, and perhaps bringing your concerns here have helped you with your perspective. Better to do that than to have an incorrect perspective of what happened, and go off on the leadership there for no reason.

Krispy

2009/3/10 12:51

Re:

Public confession of sin is rare. It is rare because it takes guts and humility. We should never take away from that, mainly because we do not know a persons heart. If we violate our concience then we have sinned..........Frank

2009/3/10 13:50
TheophilusMD

New Jersey

Re:

Quote:
i just can't handle it that someone is going to curse God and think He lied to them if their bank account fails, all because this guy taught it at a high-profile church.

I wasn't there when Ps. Neil Rhodes preached at 3 PM but allow me to say a few things. He has been a part of the pastoral staff for probably ten(?) years already. He is NOT some visiting pastor who just comes in and out. I am absolutely sure he is NOT a prosperity preacher. If Ps. Carter Conlon was in the same service would he not have stopped him? BTW, they're friends.

Quote:

The tone Sunday wasn't particularly solemn. The Sunday morning "alter call" (Who will "go"? was the invitation) was interrupted by a baby dedication with smiling parents having photo ops with Carter Conlon.

Babies are dedicated every second Sunday of each month in TSC. As to Ps. David's warning, the church has been aware of that (and constantly reminded) since it was first preached more than 10 years ago. Can there not be joy and smiling faces even in times like these? Your concerns may be valid but there should be caution when we base our judgment on the externals.

2009/3/10 14:56Profile
growingholly

Re:

um, krispy, please forgive me here, but i'm not the "go off" type...yikes! i just meant that i should go and ask politely and talk with them, should have clarified that. i came in here with tears, and that is because i feel that this is a real and open community where we can be however we feel. but it wasn't anger, and i don't really go off..i'm pretty mellow in my dealings with others, i strive for love and kindness. do i fail? yep. sure do. and that makes me sad. but praise God, He is kind to shape me to be sweet to people and realize i may not have all the facts. (and even if i ever did, i still am called to be kind and loving for the sake of the Name)
plus i really take seriously my call to respect men in all circumstances, regardless of my agreement or non-agreement with them. sorry if i gave you or anyone else any impression otherwise.
that was surprising to see you write, so i'm way sorry if i made it seem that way. that rebukes me which is a good thing, to really consider what impression i may give to others.

i'm glad to learn from people here. it's really nice that everyone can chip in and help. or confuse me more (haha!). but mostly help.

but i stand firm in my confession, it was sin for me. the pattern is laid out plainly in the Bible and i need to follow it.

:-)

2009/3/10 15:35Profile

Re:

Quote:
***edit*** so i am really convicted of this: i really should have gone to the church first before posting, truly, that was sin. so i confess this before you all. i'm sorry for it and hope to never repeat the error.

Sis, you DID come to "The Church" with this. We're not seperate from TSC or any other true "church". You came to those who may know TSC best and members that even attend there for feedback.

NO condemnation. Someone could post a mp3 of Rhodes sermon - because they & we are responsible to "the world" for what we allow to be preached.

No condemnation Holly, please.

2009/3/10 15:55

Re:

Amen Holly, always go as you are led by the Lord and you will never go far wrong.......Frank

2009/3/10 16:23
growingholly

Re:

thanks for your love, all of you.
:-)

2009/3/10 16:46Profile

Re:

I am SO glad you posted this Holly. I Finally got a chance to go searching for the mp3 of this message.

I do believe Rom 8:28 and this message is just what I needed to hear NOW. :-D Praise GOD!!!

Thank You GOD, for this thread.

[url=http://media.tscnyc.org/mp3/20090308S2.mp3]Neil Rhodes - A Time of Harvest - 3/08/09[/url]

2009/5/2 2:58

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy