Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Get off facebook, BE A MAN by Paul Washer

Saints,

I added this video up. It is a short clip and very powerful. It convicted me on the area of how I was using facebook. May those of us who see Jesus and the kingdom of God as most important use and waste our lifes soley for God's purposes.

[b]Get off facebook, BE A MAN by Paul Washer[/b]
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/myvideo/photo.php?lid=696

2009/3/8 23:30Profile
dunlow64God

Re: Get off facebook, BE A MAN by Paul Washer

I'm not a man, but I agree with Paul Washer. I was on Facebook for about a week and I must admit it was a huge waste of time for me. It was also very addicting. It was neat to find people I had not talked to or seen since I was in high school. But it was also very time consuming and not productive, in any sense. I am speaking from personal experience! It is very addictive and time-consuming. In my opinion it is a trick of the enemy(at least it was in my life)! I hope that this helps!
In Christ!
Wendy :-)

2009/3/9 1:10Profile
wind_blows

Re:

Hi
I am not a guy either but I know several others who use facebook and it really can consume your time. I know for myself I love to write and share with others but after much prayer the Lord has kept me from opening any accounts with any of the networking sites or twitter I just know that I would spend to much of my time on there and that would not be honoring God. I am going to share this with others.

Thanks for posting this
Your little sis in Him
Elizabeth

2009/3/9 1:59Profile
HeartSong

Re:

While I have never been much of a "joiner," the Lord has made it clear that He does not want me to be a part of any of these networks. While He has not revealed the reason, He has been very clear about the fact that He does not want me connected with them.

Somehow, I think it has something to do with making an allegiance, or aligning oneself with a group or body other than His.

2009/3/9 2:47Profile

Re:

Amen... and there are many who waste a lot of time on this forum as well. I was guilty. I havent been on here much lately for several reasons, but that was one of them.

Facebook can be a good thing, just as SI can be. But they can become a waste of time too.

Krispy

2009/3/9 6:05
TracyInMD

Maryland, USA

Re: Get off facebook, BE A MAN by Paul Washer

That is SO interesting, Bro. Greg. I found this video just this morning and watched it before seeing this post. I've thought that for some time, "How beneficial is facebook?" I mean, what I had hoped for (to encourage and be encouraged by believers) is about next to impossible. If you post something, your unsaved contacts may think it applies to them. I mean I keep thinking "consider your audience".

It's been mostly tragedy, as I watch folks I used to go to church with in another state line up completely with the world and its interests. It's just as heart wrenching to watch unsaved people in my family make horrible choices and post them for everyone to see.

I'm very encouraged by [b]some[/b] Christians I've met, but I'm coming to think the BAD (including the occasional images that I'm forced to see) are outweighing the good. It's much more encouraging to come to SI. And I do believe that God is assembling/gathering His people in person as well. Nothing on facebook can even touch truly Biblical fellowship among believers in person.

2009/3/9 7:46Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

It is not as much stopping something or getting off something but rather "using" our life's for something much better. If we just stop watching tv, stop this and that there is no virtue in that! But if we begin to serve God with all our hearts and put our hands to the plow. If we start to be obedient Christians then that is virtuous and what brother Paul Washer is calling for.

2009/3/9 11:42Profile
dunlow64God

Re:

[size=large][color=990000][font=Arial]Amen and Amen![/font][/color][/size]

2009/3/9 11:47Profile

Re:

Quote:

sermonindex wrote:
It is not as much stopping something or getting off something but rather "using" our life's for something much better. If we just stop watching tv, stop this and that there is no virtue in that! But if we begin to serve God with all our hearts and put our hands to the plow. If we start to be obedient Christians then that is virtuous and what brother Paul Washer is calling for.

Amen. I agree with this. We need to have eternity stamped on our eyeballs and a zeal within us to give our lives for that which will bring glory to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

2009/3/9 11:55

Re:

Yes, Greg... you got to the heart of the matter.

Krispy

2009/3/9 13:14

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy