SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : ? about possible food shortages that some say may be coming

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
wind_blows

? about possible food shortages that some say may be coming

Hey
I was wondering if anyone could post a link or PM me a link to some of the news articles or information that you have concerning the farming troubles and possible coming food shortage. I know that there has been a lot of talk about this. I wanted to be able to share it with some of the brothers and sisters that I know. Thanks so much

your little sis in Him
Elizabeth

2009/3/8 21:07Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: ? about possible food shortages that some say may be coming

Elizabeth,

I asked a farmer today whether the local farmers are having any trouble getting operating loans this spring? He said he had not heard that there is a problem...

ginnyrose

2009/3/8 21:35Profile
wind_blows

Re:

Thank you ginnyrose
Can I ask you then do you feel that some of what has been shared about store up food and coming possible food shortages is more hype then from God. I have to be honest I have not really heard any of this kind of talk anywhere else but here on SI that is why I was wondering about this? I don't get around to other web sites or forums either though so my knowledge is limited:-)

Thanks bunches for sharing
your little sis in Him
Elizabeth

2009/3/8 21:52Profile
Linie

Re:

Hi,

We live outside Houston and raise cattle. We haven't had any problems with ag loans, but getting parts for equipment is very difficult. We are on a 4-6 month waiting list for tractor tires and other parts. We own 5 tractors and luckily all don't need tires, but without them we can't plant or bale hay for the cattle. Also, our distributor is running late getting seed.

You might ask your friend if they are having problems with parts or seed, cause we sure are here.

God Bless,
Lin

2009/3/8 23:14Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Yes I have heard of this from many farmers that waits on tires for tractors and other parts can take up to half a year now at times! this is very alarming and could cause problems in production on alot of farms.

2009/3/8 23:18Profile
thanatos

carlisle,kentucky

Re: the coming food shortage

has anyone heard of alex jones and infowars?i read on his website about a coming food shortage.

2009/3/8 23:23Profile
wind_blows

Re:

Hi Lin
Thank you for sharing with me. I just wanted to say that I will be praying for you and that you are able to get what you need soon for your work.

Your sis in Christ
Elizabeth

2009/3/9 2:26Profile
wind_blows

Re:

EDIT: I think I found my answer to this. Thank you again.

Your little sis in Him
Elizabeth

2009/3/9 18:08Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Elizabeth,

To answer your question: "Can I ask you then do you feel that some of what has been shared about store up food and coming possible food shortages is more hype then from God." Actually, I do not know, except that these predictions frustrate me. Somehow, I sense a serious calamity is coming but is it what David Wilkerson predicts? Remember Y2K? How folks were so in an uproar... A local man borrow heavily to invest in guns and ammunition...I remember Khrushchev declaring how they will bury the USA by 1973 and it still ain't happened, not by any Russians, at least.

Is Wilkerson speaking under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit? I do not know - wish I did. But if Obama's policies proceed and the fallout of it, it could very well result in the disasters Wilkerson predicts and this is what I wonder if it is the inspiration for it. I think I could make a good case for why one could easily expect a civil war in our cities if Obama persists with his radical agenda, his evasiveness about his origins, his personal history (e.g., what would happen if it could be proven that Obama is not native born? Doesn't take a prophet to imagine, to predict...). I remember the war in the cities during the 1960s: there were riots, burnings ignited by Molotov cocktails, strikes, violence...

Now, to be practical: to preserve food, store it up in your pantry is just plain good common sense. So is being thrifty with your goods and resources. I was taught thus and still pursue this lifestyle. No big deal. I only worry about what would happen if we had no electricity - no freezer, no refrigerator working to keep my food frozen/cold. I can some but with no air-conditioning, our house could get terribly hot and that heat is not good for canned foods, either. We do not go shopping every day for necessities, do you? Granted, it is just the two of us, but basics last us a long time. Now I wonder, why purchase only enough necessities for a month? why not for several months?

I guess I have heard too many people cry "wolf" too many times and nothing happened as they declared it would. If something bad did happen it was not an event predicted by any contemporary prophet that I am aware of.

What do you think, Elizabeth?

ginnyrose

2009/3/10 0:26Profile
wind_blows

Re:

Hey Ginnyrose

You asked what I think? Wow that is hard to answer. I remember hearing my grandmother talk about how hard things were during the depression. I know she use to do all her own canning and always had a huge garden too. Honestly I think at the moment I am getting information overload and I need to take a step back and just really be seeking God. I don't know if I should be trying to store up food and stuff or not. I do go shopping a couple a times a week, the store is just a few miles away and I always seem to be forgetting something. I guess I have always taken it for granted that things would be available. Maybe its a wake up call to begin planning things better. I need to pray more about this I think.

The thing I guess that keeps nagging at me is all the doom and gloom. Even in the book of revelations all the bad stuff that is going to take place is concerning those who are not saved. I mean yes there will be suffering of the saints in the physical sense(not trying to make light of that) but the really bad stuff that's going to happen are to those who do not have the covering of Jesus blood. Right? I mean what could possibly ever be worse then to stand before God having rejected His only son??? I mean those that are His have nothing to fear, because even if stuff happens to us in this life(persecution) we have all of eternity with Jesus to look forward to... right? I mean in the end isn't the book of revelations really a letter that was written to give hope to the saints that were facing persecution at the time? Jesus is victorious! Jesus lives! Jesus sits at the right hand of the Father! Jesus is coming back soon! Jesus will stand for those whose name is written in the book of life! These are good, hopeful things to hold unto aren't they???

I guess its getting late and I am not even sure my response makes much sense. I just know that Jesus is the only one who will never fail me and I don't want to take my eyes off of Him.

Thanks for your replies and thoughts about all this. You have been really great.
Your little sis in Him
Elizabeth

2009/3/10 2:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy