SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Twitter

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Compton

Twitter

I'm wondering how many SI members use twitter. I tried it, and found it interesting to "follow" some Christians, but it seems a burden to maintain followers. And, I think it's unacceptably rude to constantly check incoming text messages on my phone when I'm with other people, but today, this is normal social behavior. Also, it's interesting how transparent people are willing to become these days about personal details of their daily lives.

"I'm having a cup of coffee at Starbucks right now."

"In a meeting. Finding it boring."

"Watching television with my children."

"Eating Mexican at a restaurant with my wife."

"Finally ready for bed after a long day."

:-?

Anyone here tweeting?

MC

2009/3/5 22:33Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Twitter

I personally think its not beneficial at all. Facebook has twitter essentially built into it with the status updates. I find facebook good for some networking and keeping in contact but even that I find a waste sometimes.

2009/3/5 22:59Profile
Compton

Re:

I'm with you Greg. My attention span is already "a "twitter" enough. I don't need one more "project" in my daily routine. :-)

MC

2009/3/5 23:13Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

I have a twitter and a facebook.

One cool thing with the facebook is that old high school friends have tracked me down and through chatting with them, I have been able to share the Gospel with some of them. Usually they are in shock that I am a Christian so it's a good way to start.

I look at both as neutral. It's like a computer, it can be used for good or evil, but in and of itself is neither.

2009/3/5 23:22Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy