SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : TRADITION

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

sscr01 wrote:
I keep all the commandments that are written in Scripture.

The Apostle Paul wrote to Timothy, ""I thank God, whom I serve from my forefathers WITH PURE CONSCIENCE..." 2 Tim 1:3.

I serve Him with a pure conscience, and trust the Holy Spirit to reveal anything to me, that I need to repent of...that is what sanctification is all about.

"But be ye DOERS of the Word, and not hearers, only, DECEIVING yourselves." Ja 1:22.

I am glad for you and hope that works out well for you.

May God bless you

2009/3/4 8:42Profile

Re:

Thank you wayneman.

Brethren, beware of the perverse and filthy heresy being presented here. This is not like a calvinist / armenian debate. This is a matter of life and death. Do not become bewitched by this sorcerer less you fall from grace and stand under condemnation of the law with him.

Do not become confused by the reckless stringing together of scripture and selective appointing of definitions to the word commandment as he chooses either. This wresting of the word of God would make the devil blush and is quite sad. I started an article last night on this but it is on my other computer... but I have a quick minute.

Do not believe the moral/ceremonial law logic either. The apostle Paul clearly says we have been delivered from the letter of the ten commandments not just the ceremonial law. Those who have been crucified with Christ and walk according to the Spirit are sons of Abraham by faith. These dogs who seek to spy out our liberty in Christ and bring us back into bondage despise the Spirit of God just as those who stoned Steven did. Because they know not the exceedingly greatness of Jesus Christ and walking in the new birth, they think that keeping a list of dos or don’ts on a certain day is really "holy". In all reality this is the best that someone who is not walking in the Spirit could come up with, so I will cut some slack there, but on the other hand these dogs are the ones that the apostle warned us about far more severely then teachers of lasciviousness.

Walking in the Spirit is as high above the law as Christ is exalted above Moses. To go back to law would be to move further from God, despise the blood of Jesus, bring condemnation on yourself, and fall from grace. We are free men, live as such and do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil. We are dead to the law and delivered from it through the body of Christ. The law was our schoolmaster to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith (Galatians 3:25). If we are still under law then the blood of Christ is no effect to us because we have not been led to Him yet. When faith has come there is no longer any need for the schoolmaster. Do not let anyone judge you on sabbath days brethren and do not let them read to you from the cult handbook and say the apostle was talking about special sabbaths and not the weekly sabbaths in Colossians 2:16 either. He uses the same language used throughout the OT here that references the weekly sabbath.

Romans 7 KJV
1Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?

2For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.

3So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

4Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

5For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.

6But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

7What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

-Jim

2009/3/4 9:00
sscr01

Re:

When His Spirit is within us, we are empowered by His Spirit to obey His Word/His law.

"Thy Word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin ("transgress the law" 1 John 3:4) against Thee." Ps 119:11

Jesus quoted the Word in spiritual warfare with Satan: "It is written..." Mt 4:4,7,10.

"And take the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God." Eph 6:17

"For the Word of God is quick and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, PIERCING EVEN TO THE DIVIDING ASUNDER OF SOUL AND SPIRIT, AND OF THE JOINTS AND MARROW, AND IS A DISCERNER OF THE THOUGHTS AND INTENTS OF THE HEART." Heb 4:12.

Those who obey His Word are more blessed than Mary: "...a certain woman...said unto Him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee and the paps which thou hast sucked.

But He (Jesus) said, Yea, rather, blessed are they that hear the Word of God and keep it." Lu 11:27,28.

The disciples spoke the Word of God: "...ye received the Word of God, which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the Word of God..." 1 Thess 2:13.

"And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the Word of God..."Rev 6:9

And most significant of all, Jesus is The Word of God. John 1;1 John 1:1;5:7.

"And He was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and HIS NAME IS CALLED THE WORD OF GOD." Rev 19:13.

When we obey His Word, we obey Him.

"But be ye doers of the Word, and not hearers, only, deceiving yourselves." Ja 1:22.

2009/3/4 9:01Profile
fuehrerbe21

Wisconsin

Re:

Quote:
since the old covenant was faulty

i think this quote is faulty hmmhmm :-)

Quote:
The fourth commandment is a commandment and not a request.

again, are you upholding this commandment by working 6 days a week?

2009/3/4 14:53Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

fuehrerbe21 wrote:
Quote:
since the old covenant was faulty

i think this quote is faulty hmmhmm :-)

yeah maybe i should have made it better :) but remember i only use english second in my brain, so sometimes i mess up a bit, bit i think its not to far from the truth

Heb 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

faultless
Thayer Definition:
1) blameless, deserving no censure, free from fault or defect

and looking at faulty :-) we see it is ok to use without loosing what God says

Faulty
FAULT'Y, a.

1. Containing faults, blemishes or defects; defective; imperfect; as a faulty composition or book; a faulty plan or design; a faulty picture.

2. Guilty of a fault or of faults; hence, blamable; worthy of censure.

The king doth speak this thing as one who is faulty.

1 Sam 14.

3. Wrong; erroneous; as a faulty polity.

4. Defective; imperfect; bad; as a faulty helmet.

2009/3/4 15:41Profile
sscr01

Re:

I do not work on the Sabbath...I worship the Lord and meet human need, just as Jesus did.

If you do not obey the fourth commandment, you are a transgressor of the law.

"Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law." 1 John 3:4.

Jesus said,Not every one that saith, Lord,Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven, but he that doeth the will of My Father which is in heaven.

MANY will say to Me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Thy name? and in Thy name have cast out devils? and in Thy name done many wonderful works?

And then will I profess unto them, I NEVER KNEW YOU: depart from Me, ye that work iniquity." (LAWLESSNESS) Mt 7:21-23.

"And hereby we do know that we know Him, IF WE KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS. He that saith, I KNOW HIM and keepeth not His commandments is a LIAR and the Truth is not in him: But whoso keepeth His Word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby we do know that we are in Him." 1 John 2:3-5.

You, don't seem to have much regard for the Word of God.

"But be ye DOERS of the Word, and not hearers, only, DECEIVING yourselves." Ja 1:22.

"Blessed are they that do His commandments, that they may have RIGHT to the tree of life, AND MAY ENTER IN through the gates into the city." Rev 22:14.

2009/3/4 15:41Profile

Re:

Brethren, beware of the perverse and filthy heresy being presented here. This is not like a calvinist / armenian debate. This is a matter of life and death. Do not become bewitched by this sorcerer (sscr01) less you fall from grace and stand under condemnation of the law with him.

Do not become confused by the reckless stringing together of scripture and selective appointing of definitions to the word commandment either. This wresting of the word of God would make the devil blush and is quite sad.

Editted to include above paragraph.

-Jim

2009/3/4 15:55
MaryJane

Re:

Thank you Jim and others here who have shared with us Biblical truth and brought into the light the false teachings that are being pushed here.
It does talk about how wolves will come in and try to deceive we need to hold firm to the truth in Christ Jesus.

God Bless
MJ

2009/3/4 16:01Profile
sscr01

Re:

You, still, haven't been specific...why do you call me a heretic?

Are you saying, that, you do not need to keep the Ten Commandments? Those are law. If you do not keep them, you are in violation of His Word/His law.

The Apostle Paul wrote, "Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas (Peter); and I of Christ. Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?" 1 Cor. 1:12,13.

The Lord call the apostate Catholic/Protestant religious system, "The Mother of harlots." Rev 17.

"And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, COME OUT OF HER, MY PEOPLE that ye be not partakers of her sins ("the transgression of the law" 1 John 3:4) and that ye receive not of HER PLAGUES.

For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities." (LAWLESSNESS). Rev 18:4,5.

Jesus said, "My sheep hear My voice, and I KNOW THEM, and they follow Me." John 10:27.

You can fight me all you want, but you are, really, fighting the Word of God.

2009/3/4 16:02Profile
fuehrerbe21

Wisconsin

Re:

Quote:
I do not work on the Sabbath...I worship the Lord and meet human need, just as Jesus did.

Ok, I'm done with this thread... You still did not answer my question. I wasn't asking if you worked on the Sabbath, I was asking if you worked 6 days a week.

You see, there are two parts to the 4th commandment. Note verse 9.

Quote:
8 "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor, and do all your work, 10but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God.

I agree with what Jim has been saying.

2009/3/4 16:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy