Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Question on submission

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Question on submission

I have a question and I have to get back to work so I will make it brief for now.

Here it is: Is a wife sinning if she gives up her role as a keeper of the home because her husband wants her to work so he can have spending money? Is she doing the right thing?

That's it..I will read your replies when I get home thanks.

2009/2/27 9:41

Re: Question on submission

Depending on the age(s) of the children.
Many women work when all of their children are already in school - though home-schooling is best, while the laws still permit.

I'll just give my opinion. My children would come first in this.
A husband "asks" a woman to marry him - but our children did Not ask to be born into this world.
We only have so many years to "raise up a child in the way that he should go ......" So 'that' I take as the mandate, besides other verses about "keepers of home, mothers" and those type in the NT.
Though there are some women who are at home - yet they still don't spend their time with their children.
One could only do this in their home, putting their Biblical role of a mother over a non-necessity request of a husband, if they are fully pleasing Him in [i]how[/i] they spend their time at home with their children and on the care of husband and home - Then He will Bless.
It's an emotional topic, so I pray that anyone in such a position would receive the best of HIS heart into their hearts, however it comes.
Praying, LORD take control.
By His Mercy.

2009/2/27 10:00
HeartSong

Quote:
Is a wife sinning . . .

The way that you structure the question is an indication of where the problem lies.

Ask the Lord to search your heart and show you the truth of the matter.

2009/2/27 10:41Profile
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Quote:
Anonymous124 wrote:
I have a question and I have to get back to work so I will make it brief for now.

Here it is: Is a wife sinning if she gives up her role as a keeper of the home because her husband wants her to work so he can have spending money? Is she doing the right thing?

That's it..I will read your replies when I get home thanks.

Anonymous124,

Actually, if the Bible holds true to it's words, I don't think you will be. A wife is under her husband's authority and covering and it is he who is under God's covering.

The organizational chart would be...

God | Jesus | Holy Spirit

Husband

Wife

Children

Pray for your husband and we will too, because it sounds like he needs it.

God bless you,

2009/2/27 12:31Profile
wind_blows

Re:

Hi
Not sure if you were asking this for yourself or as a hypothetical question but my best answer would be that the wife would be in sin if she clearly felt that the Lord was commanding her to be at home with her children to care for and be there covering and she went against what Father had for her, in order to please her husband.The question comes "who is it better to serve, God or man?"

The husband in this case on the other hand is in sin, for a selfish want of spending money he would sacrifice his children care? There is a self issue in the heart of the husband in this case that if he is saved needs to be addressed.

This is only my opinion based on what I have read and studied on the matter. If this is your situation please seek Father and learn what His heart is for you and your family. Pray and keep praying until you know what His will is. I will pray for Father to give you wisdom and to know His heart where your children are concerned and how best to share with your husband about it in a loving Christ like manner.

Sadly I know to many young ones that have fallen into situations that might have been avoided if a parent had been there to be the covering they were appointed to be over their children. To many young ones left to themselves in this world with not enough supervision and Biblical daily guidance. A young friend of mine has recently gone through some things that I found out about(both mom and dad to busy to be involved much) and I think she may be pregnant. Its just so sad. (Please know that I am not saying this is the case with your children just rambling on about things that have been on my heart and your question kind of touched base with things.)

Take care and have a good weekend
EBeth

2009/2/27 13:24Profile
Vakugal

Bangalore, India

I heard a short message by Zac Poonen (www.cfcindia.com) the gist of which was, how we are so eager to ask the verse that is relevant for others.
Husbands want to tell the wifes about submission and wife wants to tell the husbands about loving as Jesus loved. But the focus needs to be on the log in my own eye.
In poorer countries often both the husband and wife needs to work so as to run the household. And God sees the need and becomes a shield for the children as they grow up.
We have heard brother Wumbrands testimony of how his son was on the streets while both parents were in prison.
What if the husband loses his job and the wife has to work?
What if the husband is an unbeliever and does not have simialr priorities and the wife has to work?
The Lord sees and understands.
SO be not condemned if situation compels you to work. Cast this concern to the Lord and He will show you clearly what needs to be done. If the partner is not understanding, then instead of striving, take it to the Lord and the Lord will work things out. But let all be done in submission and love to each other.
I come from a hindu family and due to practical reasons I had to be send to the boarding school. And it was there that I met Christ.
God is in control and He will cause all things to work for our very best.
By working a wife is not sining and neither sining by submitting to the husband. The motive of the husband is for God to see and judge.
The husband or if possible the husband and wife together need to sit together and decide if one can manage with a single income. And accordingly decide. Our life afterall speaks much more than all our instructions.
However regarding ones children, we can take this concern to the lord and He will come up with an answer.
Meanwhile let them see the life of Christ in us, let them see that we are more intersted in the things that last - more interested in saying the truth than high marks, etc.
Trust God to bring things to pass as we humble ourselves. He can change the circumstances as well as change the minds of people.
let the wife take this concern to the Lord and ask the Lord to intervene. In the meantime if the husband is willing to listen, probably with much prayer, discuss these concern with him. But in doing all this let the wife in love submit to the husband. God sees this and in due time will lift her up and bring her cause to a good end. Continue to be an example to the children and commit them in the care of the Lord. He will take care of them in your absence till the situation is changed by God.
Above all may God keep us free from the love of money.

2009/2/27 13:57Profile

Re:

Thanks for your responses. I am taking them in prayer.

Yes, we pay all of our bills on his income and my income is for his extra spending money such as family vacations ect..

I had to give up homeschooling 3 years ago for this.

If it's the Lord's will that I submit to my husband above being a keeper of the home than I am at peace with that.

I'm not here to complain I just need to know this is God's will for me. That's all I care about.

This has mentally and emotionally traumatized me for three years. I have cried many, many nights and have had to watch my kids change before my eyes through the public school system.

I am just telling you this to let you know this is very important to me that I know I am in the Lord's will. Please don't take this wrong I just need answers.

2009/2/27 15:14

Re:

Quote:

Vakugal wrote:
I heard a short message by Zac Poonen (www.cfcindia.com) the gist of which was, how we are so eager to ask the verse that is relevant for others.
Husbands want to tell the wifes about submission and wife wants to tell the husbands about loving as Jesus loved. But the focus needs to be on the log in my own eye.
In poorer countries often both the husband and wife needs to work so as to run the household. And God sees the need and becomes a shield for the children as they grow up.
We have heard brother Wumbrands testimony of how his son was on the streets while both parents were in prison.
What if the husband loses his job and the wife has to work?
What if the husband is an unbeliever and does not have simialr priorities and the wife has to work?
The Lord sees and understands.
SO be not condemned if situation compels you to work. Cast this concern to the Lord and He will show you clearly what needs to be done. If the partner is not understanding, then instead of striving, take it to the Lord and the Lord will work things out. But let all be done in submission and love to each other.
I come from a hindu family and due to practical reasons I had to be send to the boarding school. And it was there that I met Christ.
God is in control and He will cause all things to work for our very best.
By working a wife is not sining and neither sining by submitting to the husband. The motive of the husband is for God to see and judge.
The husband or if possible the husband and wife together need to sit together and decide if one can manage with a single income. And accordingly decide. Our life afterall speaks much more than all our instructions.
However regarding ones children, we can take this concern to the lord and He will come up with an answer.
Meanwhile let them see the life of Christ in us, let them see that we are more intersted in the things that last - more interested in saying the truth than high marks, etc.
Trust God to bring things to pass as we humble ourselves. He can change the circumstances as well as change the minds of people.
let the wife take this concern to the Lord and ask the Lord to intervene. In the meantime if the husband is willing to listen, probably with much prayer, discuss these concern with him. But in doing all this let the wife in love submit to the husband. God sees this and in due time will lift her up and bring her cause to a good end. Continue to be an example to the children and commit them in the care of the Lord. He will take care of them in your absence till the situation is changed by God.
Above all may God keep us free from the love of money.

Thanks. So I guess your answer would be that submitting to your husband comes before being a keeper of the home. So it's right to be a keeper of the home but if your husband won't let you than God would have you submit to him first and give that up.

2009/2/27 15:24
HeartSong

Re:

Quote:
If it's the Lord's will that I submit to my husband above being a keeper of the home than I am at peace with that.

Quote:
I have cried many, many nights and have had to watch my kids change before my eyes through the public school system.

These two statements are diametrically opposed.

Something is terribly wrong.

Wrong can never be made right by getting others to agree with the wrong. Confess your sin to the Lord - for until you do, you will continue to get torn in two.

2009/2/27 15:34Profile

Re:

Quote:

HeartSong wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
I have cried many, many nights and have had to watch my kids change before my eyes through the public school system.

These two statements are diametrically opposed.
Something is terribly wrong.

Yea, that's what I have been going through for three years now. If this is the right thing to do than why am I crying? I am constantly asking myself which comes first submission or keeper of the home? I'm in constant torment. I am a firm believer in Titus 2, always have been. I have always wanted to raise up my children and be there for them, take care of my home ect.. and I had to give all that up for extra spending money for my husband.

I'm not complaining. I would crawl to China if God asked me to. I just need to know which comes first submitting to this or being a keeper of the home?

2009/2/27 15:41

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy