Discussion Forum : General Topics : 3 legged stool

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
White_Stone

North Central Florida

3 legged stool

Dear Friends in Christ,

While reading the Emerging Church is Now thread I saw much reference to a 3 legged stool plan. So I Googled that phrase. Praise the Lord it led me to this post. It was most edifying and deserving study. I hope the short excerpt I have included will whet you appetite to read more.

I welcome comments on the article once you have read it. Let me say this, I always welcome comments and PM's, even if you do not read the article. :-)

[url=http://anewcreature.blogspot.com/2008/12/three-legged-stool.html]A Three Legged Stool[/url]

Quote:
It is annoying for me to go into a restaurant and to have a table that rocks and tips. That just really bugs me no end. Your water sloshes and spills. Every time you lean against it as you chat everything comes toppling your way. It is a chronic symptom of a table with four legs on an uneven floor. It is next to impossible to get each of the legs the precisely needed length and if you do manage to do that, when the table is moved only a few inches to a new position the rocking begins again. A three legged stool on the other hand will never tip. It is geometrically impossible for that to happen. It takes three points to define a plane. Get a three legged milk stool and cut the legs to differing lengths all you want, place it on the most uneven floor imaginable and it will not wobble and rock. Those three legs define a flat surface, and are inherently stable. I believe that our relationship with God is built upon communication with Him and this communication has three legs on which it stands. Each leg is necessary and when combined properly with the other two elements, will give us great stability and like the stool, when resting on these three components our relationship with God will be impossible to rock

Kindest regards,
white stone

2009/2/25 11:14Profile

Re: 3 legged stool

Dear Brother White Stone:

The 3 legged stool that Roger Oakland speaks of has nothing to do with anyone's relationship with Jesus Christ. It is related to those getting ready to enter the Great Tribulation, to those that will not be raptured, to non-believers and God haters.

What you have posted is a tragic error.

Please, since you have not listened to them, go to the youtube link that is provided on the other thread THE EMERGINHG CHRUCH IS NOW--and go to:

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=roger+oakland+emerging+church&emb=0&aq=1&oq=roger+oak#

[b]And listen to the four 50 minute videos by Roger Oakland, and then post again.[/b]

May God bless you,

Walter

2009/2/25 11:29
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Dear Brother Walter,

Before I go to Youtube & the video's, I want to say I posted my link in a different thread because it is separate from yours. Only thing between the two is the fact that I found the article I linked through searching for referenced to 3 legged stool on Google.

If you wish me to edit the wording on my post please advice what you feel it should read. I do not want to muddy the water of your message.

I share your belief that the deception is in full swing and the time is at hand. I pray for all the Saints here on SI.

Kindest regards,
white stone

2009/2/25 11:54Profile

Re:

Dear Brother White Stone:

There is no need to change your original post. After you watch the videos on youtube, just post again, and tell us what the three legged stool means in regards to Roger Oaklands teaching on end time events, and where we are in Church history at this moment.

God bless,

Walter

Quote:

White_Stone wrote:
Dear Brother Walter,

Before I go to Youtube & the video's, I want to say I posted my link in a different thread because it is separate from yours. Only thing between the two is the fact that I found the article I linked through searching for referenced to 3 legged stool on Google.

If you wish me to edit the wording on my post please advice what you feel it should read. I do not want to muddy the water of your message.

I share your belief that the deception is in full swing and the time is at hand. I pray for all the Saints here on SI.

Kindest regards,
white stone

2009/2/25 12:18
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Dear Walter,

My husband and I watched/listened to most of the 50 min message on the Road to Rome. We feel we are in complete agreement with Roger Oaklands. We have seen this very thing for many years now.

The life God gave us not only removed us from the Physical Church but from Society in general. This gave us a unique ability to observe what went on in the US culture while not being involved in it. When He finally settled us in a place, we felt the need to attend a physical church but found none we could stay inside of for we saw the very things Mr. Oaklands is speaking about.

I commend his efforts to awaken people, and yours. I did find it discomforting that the video we watched kept showing the covers of books he has written. It gave the talk a feeling of a 'sales presentation' even if that was not his intent.

I can clearly see the plans that are bringing the New World Order into full effect and with it the One World Church. We are preparing for the total collapse of life as we have known it in this Country. Fortunately, through the life God gave us to experience we already know about subsistence living. And about living only on trust in Jesus.
Kind regards,
white stone

2009/2/25 13:51Profile
HeartSong

Quote:
I welcome comments on the article once you have read it.

This must be why a tripod has three legs. In photography, if the camera moves in the time that it takes for the shutter to open and close, everything is blurry. If you want everything to be sharp and in focus, you use a tripod, especially in low light conditions where one typically needs to use a longer exposure to compensate for the reduced light. A longer exposure lets in more light.

This is opening my mind to all kinds of new concepts. Thanks for the excellent post.

:-)

2009/2/25 21:57Profile
MJones

Missouri

Quote:

White_Stone wrote:
Let me say this, I always welcome comments and PM's, even if you do not read the article. :-)

When at least most of us here on SI are geared to the building up and the encouragement of those who come here, it is always nice when those efforts are rewarded with an appreciative comment. In light of that, I must say I enjoyed the story of the 3 legged stool. It forms a mental picture from which I'm sure several applications can be drawn. I will enjoy mulling that one over.

Mike

2009/2/25 21:58Profile
MJones

Missouri

Re:

Quote:

HeartSong wrote:
in low light conditions where one typically needs to use a longer exposure to compensate for the reduced light. A longer exposure lets in more light.

Cool thought. We all need as much light as we can get right now. This thought ties in with an earlier post of mine this morning on the need to linger.

I have noticed more lately when I read, if I linger (reread, think, ask God to speak) I see so much more.

2009/2/25 22:05Profile

Re:

I wanted to shed some light in regards to the[b] "three legged stool plan"[/b]as taught by Roger Oakland on his four DVD's on the "Emerging Church" and end time events, which we are all right in the middle of, as the false church prepares to march into the Tribulation, with Antichrist and the false prophet at the helm.

This is nothing more than an outline, that is still not complete. If anyone would like to finish it, please do so.

[b]The Babylonian System[/b]
1. Rebellion against God and His Word
2. A plan to join together economically
3. A plan to join together spiritually
4. God was angered by the plan
5. God stopped the plan

[b]Satan’s Plan for Fallen Man[/b]
1.Convince man not to pay attention to God and His Word
2.Convince man to Pay attention to man and follow man and his methods & movements
3.Man will then eventually seek after the false "god’s" of the earth)

[b]Satan’s Last days plan for man[/b]
1. Deceive the World and the Church
2. Reconstruct the Babylonian plan for man
3. Bring back mankind together again
4. The god of this world plans to be king
5. Global political System
6. Global Economic System

[b]Three Legged Stool Plan
The last days plan that will seduce the world[/b]

This plan is not from God

This plan will be inspired by Satan

This plan will likely be in the name of the Savior, in the name of Christ

This plan will set up the religion of the antichrist.

God will destroy this plan

[b]Four (4) plans by man for the future hope of man—all 3 legged stool plans

#1) United Nations Plan[/b]
Leg 1= global political cooperation
Leg 2= global economic cooperation
Leg 3=global spiritual cooperation

[b]#2)Mother Earth Plan[/b]
Leg 1= global politics
Leg 2= global economics
Leg 3= global spirituality

[b]#3) Vatican Plan[/b]
Leg 1= global political governance
Leg 2= global economic governance
Leg 3= global religious unity in the name of the “Eucharist Christ”

[b]#4) Purpose Driven Plan[/b]
Leg 1= a public sector role
Leg 2= a private sector role
Leg 3= a faith sector role

[b]The faith sector role= the Churches!

Rick Warrens 3 legged stool plan interview with Tim Russert on 12/24/2006[/b]
“A one legged stool will fall over, a two legged stool will fall over, and business and government alone cannot solve these problems. They haven’t or they would have. There is a private sector role, there is a private sector role, and there is a faith sector role. The third leg of the Purpose Driven Stool is the Churches." (The Churches equals the Faith Sector)

Sincerely,

Walter

2009/2/26 0:56
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re: God's 3 legged stool - Love Him with Heart - Soul- Mind

Hello Walter,

Thank you for double posting your outline (in this thread and yours). Perhaps it will help some see clearly what I have seen for years. Worldly, physical Churches are part of Satan's plan.

It is good to warn but I feel better when I view God's marvelous plan:

Quote:
Matthew 22:37-39 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy [b][color=CC3300]heart[/color][/b], and with all thy [b][color=CC3300]soul[/color][/b], and with all thy [b][color=CC3300]mind[/color][/b]. (38) This is the first and great commandment. (39) And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.

There is great turmoil all around us now because of the unwinding of the world economy. Most often Countries resort to war when economies fall and the threat of war is great. It helps me to focus on what is Good and Pure - The Word of God. The world will do what it does but I am standing on a Rock that can not be moved.

Your urgency is evident and I am delighted you have eyes to see what is going on. When I first saw it I was outraged and told everyone. Not one person I told would see. If they are going to see, it will come from God. I will continue to speak out if I see an opening but for the most part I try to focus on Him.

Praise Jesus,
white stone

P.S. By the way, did you read the whole piece at the link I gave?

2009/2/26 11:14Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy