SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Please help me find Scripture backing for preparing for famine

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Please help me find Scripture backing for preparing for famine

Hello,

Someone I know is trying to talk his inlaws into using the 10 acres of grass they have around their home for gardening. They refuse to look at hard times that are on the horizon and say Jesus will take care of them.

I told him to talk with them of Joesph in Egypt as an example of storing up for hard times. I also know there are other examples in the New Testament but am not sure where to look for them.

If any of you know of Biblical examples that will help convince these folks to make use of the resources God has placed at their disposal, please let me know.

Thank you,
white stone

2009/2/24 17:50Profile
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re: Please help me find Scripture backing for preparing for famine

[b]Proverbs 22:3[/b]

"A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished." (KJV)

"A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences." (NLT)

With care in Christ,
Taylor

2009/2/24 18:13Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Thank you, Taylor,

Excellent verses. Pray they help,
white stone

2009/2/24 18:22Profile
rreighe

Re:

are you talking about; [i][b]Matthew 24:7[/b] "For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and in various places there will be famines and earthquakes." [/i]?

or are you talking about a famine that is about to happen in your area? i'm sorry for intruding i just dont know.

2009/2/24 18:27Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Hello rreighe,

I am speaking of the approaching depression in the USA. There is a tremendous drought over the Country and money is going to be scarce. Home gardening is a good way to put food on the family table and if you can grow enough, you can share with neighbors in need. I am hoping for the sharing to open eyes to the Glory that is in Jesus.

Also, speaking about Matthew 24:7 because I believe these are those times.

Kindest regards,
white stone

2009/2/24 18:34Profile
NoWhining

East Texas

Re:

White Stone, one scripture is Genesis 41, where Pharaoh's dream led to storage of the abundant years for the lean years following.

My wife and I don't have the good ground to plant a large garden, but are doing a raised bed garden instead. We hope to grow enough to provide not only for ourselves, but also for some of our fellow members at church. We have a small church and several elderly members would be the hardest hit. We also are buying extra at the store to build our pantry, and build an emergency storage for those that might have need.

Ten acres would be a big job. Maybe a 1/2 acre to start?

2009/2/24 22:04Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Hello NW,

Thanks for the scripture. I am saving them all in a folder for use of persuasion. :)

A raised garden is a great plan. We gathered more tires for ours today.

The 10 acres is not ours, it belongs to a friend's in-laws. That is why he wanted help in opening their eyes.

Happy gardening! I always feel close to Jesus when I am in the garden.

white stone

2009/2/24 23:12Profile
NoWhining

East Texas

Re:

WS, I happened on another scripture tonight. Acts 11:28-30. Agabus prophesied of a great famine all over the world, and contributions were made and sent for the relief of the brethren in Judea.

2009/2/25 22:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy