SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Difference between living and dead sacrifice? Romans 12:1

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Santana

Difference between living and dead sacrifice? Romans 12:1

Someone asked me what's the difference between a living sacrifice and a dead sacrifice in this verse:

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. -Romans 12:1

What would a dead sacrifice be?

2009/2/24 14:15Profile
HeartSong

Re: Difference between living and dead sacrifice? Romans 12:1

Quote:

Works. That which is done unto ourselves, and not unto Him. Being distinguished by that which He initiates rather than that which we initiate.

It is interesting that in the Old Testament, all of the sacrifices were dead when they were offered up unto God. Now Christ, having died for our sins, and being risen again, is the only true sacrifice acceptable unto God - for He is the only living sacrifice capable of atoning for sin.

2009/2/24 14:23Profile
JesusLoves

Re: Difference between living and dead sacrifice? Romans 12:1

Quote:

Santana wrote:
Someone asked me what's the difference between a living sacrifice and a dead sacrifice in this verse:

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. -Romans 12:1

Would a 'living sacrifice' mean -a life available to the promptings of the Holy spirit-

then a 'dead sacrifice' is a life that has no regard for God's word.It is a white washed tomb -looks good on the outside, but decaying smelly stuff is on the inside.

2009/2/24 20:18Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy