SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Question on sin

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Loowy

Victoria BC

Question on sin

If one performs fornication after being saved and having the holy spirit live in them, is there a chance they can die in the soul even after repentance?

2009/2/20 15:46Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: Question on sin

David was enticed by lust and fell into an
adulterous relationship. When he realized
he had greatly sinned against the Lord and
was deeply sorrowed and troubled by this;
he sought the LORD for mercies and was
forgiven!!

2009/2/21 13:29Profile
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Re:

First if you our truly saved you our born of incorrupitible seed of the living God, you have already been forgiven by the blood of Jesus Christ, just confess and turn from it, never to go back. If you our questioning your salvation, examine yourselves to see if you our truly born again. Remember if you our saved you have been forgiven of all past, present and future sins by the blood of Jesus, you our looked on by the father as a holy saint with no sin. Brother do not worry just repent, his blood cleanseth you all from all sin.

2009/2/21 19:21Profile
wtninChrist

Muscle Shoals, AL

Re:

if you are truly His you will have a sorrow that that leads to repentance.(2 corinthians 7:9)we see this repentance in David in the 51 Psalm. As christains we do sin, but we can not rest there the Spirit will not let us.God keeps all that is His, He will not lose one.

2009/2/21 21:02Profile
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Quote:
Loowy wrote:
If one performs fornication after being saved and having the holy spirit live in them, is there a chance they can die in the soul even after repentance?

Loowy,

Your question seems like you are contemplating the sin, hmmm.... This is from a girl who never thought she could live [edit]withOUT [/edit] a man in her life whether married or not all the while whe was saved and filled with the Spirit as well. It's only by the grace of God I stand where I stand and not just saved anymore but converted!

Jude 1.24-25 [b][i]Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, And to present you faultless Before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy, 25 To God our Savior, Who alone is wise, Be glory and majesty, Dominion and power, Both now and forever. Amen.[/b][/i]

The Lord loves you but you (as well as each one of us), must examine ourselves and see why we failed or contemplating failing; if not, it will happen again and again and then the enemy lulls us into a sinful lifestyle for years - a major deception and is NOT ok with God; saved or not.

Loowy, seek God on your face for the truth about YOU and your weaknesses. Because it says in 2 Thessalonians 2.10b [i]...they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.[/i] And we need to receive the love of the truth about ourselves!!

Hope this encourages you in the Lord,

2009/2/21 22:32Profile
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Re:

Loowy,

Please don't think I'm picking on you because I am not. Your vulnerability and honesty brought up a subject that many would probably like to bring up but are afraid to do so. You can't get help and prayer if you don't ask!

I was listening to this sermon this morning and thought it would be good for everyone who could be stumbling or on the brink of stumbling. (He puts it plain and simple and we all truly can use this for our life.)

It says in 1 Peter 1.14 what we should not be like and what we should be like...

[i]As obedient children, do not be conformed to the former lusts which were yours in your ignorance,[/i]
1 Peter 1.14 NAS95

This teaches us that when a man lives according to his lusts he is ignorant of God. Remember this my dear brothers and sisters, the proof of when you are ignorant of God, you don't know God at all, is that you live according to your lusts.

Any man in this world, Christian or not, who lives according to his lusts is ignorant of God. He doesn't know God. so when a lot of Christians who say that they know God and live according to their lusts, they are telling lies.

They really don't know the God of the Bible, they know some other God who is a figment of their own imagination. The true Christian is not conformed to his former lusts because he is not ignorant.

[i]but like the Holy One who called you, be holy yourselves also in all your behavior;
because it is written, "YOU SHALL BE HOLY, FOR I AM HOLY."[/i]
1 Peter 1.15-16 NAS95

------------

This is verbatim from the first two minutes of Zac Poonen's sermon, [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=7116&commentView=itemComments](The Foundation and the Building) A Reverential Fear of God [/url]

God bless you Loowy and God help all of us to be Holy as HE is holy,

2009/2/22 7:45Profile
Vakugal

Bangalore, India

Loowy, I think Lysa has given an excellent reply from the scriptures.
I have often seen posts go haywire with people give all sides to an issue.
But the simplicity of the gospel is that Jesus came to save us from our sin.
Fornication is a sin. If one has fallen in it, one needs to sincerely repent from it. Get away from living in it and stay away from all situation that will tempt one to fall again. Cry out to the Lord and ask Him daily, day by day to keep you. One day at a time. Yes focus on that besetting sin. Yes, let it be your waking prayer each day.
If we repent, God will forgive, because He is our Father, and yet we should not take it lightly. Like a brother had said, "we should not use Jesus blood like tap water."
Be honest to God as to a friend and He will come through and keep you from falling. But the good news is not just that. The good news is not just about fleeing from youth full lust, but being able to look at older women as mothers and younger women as sisters IN ALL purity. (please read in the Spirit without gender bias :-))
Jesus has come to make an impossible salvation, possible in us.
"You mean I can walk as Jesus walked?"
"Well that is what the scripture says!"
"Well that is indeed incredible, amazing!!"
"Yes this is the good news we preach." :-)

1Jn 2:1 My little children, I write these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.
1Jn 2:2 And He is the propitiation concerning our sins, and not concerning ours only, but also concerning the sins of all the world.
1Jn 2:3 And by this we know that we have known Him, if we keep His commandments.
1Jn 2:4 He who says, I have known Him, and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
1Jn 2:5 But whoever keeps His Word, truly in this one the love of God is perfected. By this we know that we are in Him.
1Jn 2:6 He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk even as He walked.

2009/2/22 14:02Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

You ever heard of the old saying, "you might beat the rap but you can't beat the ride"? I feel we might say "you might beat the sin but you can't beat the conviction" Sometimes I let conviction pull me into a minor depression,I don't know if this is ok or not, maybe it's normal, but this is why I personally try my best not to sin, but I still do.

2009/2/22 14:19Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy