SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A worker is worthy of his wages

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Cost of 211024 sermons at $3.00 ea at OnePlace.com =$633,072.00

Cost of 211024 sermons at SermonIndex.net = FREE

[i][size=xx-small][font=Arial]Please note, in [u]No[/u] way is this to be taken as a knock on OnePlace.com as they are a fine and valueable ministry. It was only used as an illustration as to what could be generated financially using this criteria.[/font][/size][/i]

*Can't wait till 1 Million dollars worth of sermons are given away :-D Praise God. keep downloading... !!

[b]Matthew 10:8b (kjv)[/b] - Freely ye have received, freely give.

2003/11/11 21:11Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
*Can't wait till 1 Million dollars worth of sermons are given away Praise God. keep downloading... !!

Agreed!

I can't wait till I see that "Help Support"
clicker turn to "Partners: [b]50[/b]"

To be honest, I am disappointed to see that it is stalled at 12. What is it about ministries that have to go through all these gyrations to get Christians to part with 'their' money?
Stewardship.
Mammon.
"Lay up your treasures..."
I don't think we need any more teaching on the subject. We need some [i][color=000000]conviction![/color][/i]
I am speaking on my own behalf here.
It's tiring to lament the same old thing over and over again. To the unbelieving world it is no wonder that the mindset is "They just wan't your money" surely there are more than a few that have brought this poison into the body. But are we not to be known for our love? I feel pretty confident that the Lord doesn't wan't 'your' money, He want's [i][color=000000]You![/color][/i]

I's funny, nowadays a lot of ministry's have gone the route of giving you a book for your help in supporting them. Which is nice, but isn't it embarrassing? The 'ol give to get...
Here, it's all free and you can 'get to give'!
I am just getting started.
In a spirit of love, I ask what has gone wrong in the hearts of Christians?
It's not just here.
Missions, your local church, the poor..
What about Bible's? The situation in China for instance is appalling, what is it, one Bible for every 40 believers?...
We have grown too comfortable, too 'here and now' minded while our brother's and sister's are laying down their very lives in torture and persecution for the Gospel.

We need some heart surgery.
Tired of talking about it.
Shame on us.

2003/11/12 9:45Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: A worker is worthy of his wages

Brethren,

Want to address something here that hasn't been touched on in awhile.

Support for this ministry.

For some that are new, just a bit of history.
Greg Gordon who by Gods grace runs this site has done a tremendous thing for us all who enjoy the fruits of these labors. Our dear brother is a humble man, even after all this time I know that he has not told me everything that has gone into starting and maintaining this 'church' as I have become fond of calling it.

Besides the time, effort and money that he has himself poured into launching this incredible ministry there are costs involved to continue to keep this site up and running.

I know that Greg totally relies on God to supply all his needs and I also know that the Lords people are usually His agents by which He accomplishes this. Our brother receives a lot of flack for pouring out his life into this ministry.

Can we help him?
That is all I am asking, just to prayerfully consider what you can do to help.
Let us be as generous to him as he has been to us.

Thanks
Mike

2004/4/19 9:34Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

I haven't calculated this in a few months.. so here we go.. WOW Praise God!!

Cost of 549,068 sermons at $3.00 ea at OnePlace.com =$1,647,204.00

Cost of 549,068 sermons at SermonIndex.net = FREE

[i][size=xx-small][font=Arial]Please note, in [u]No[/u] way is this to be taken as a knock on OnePlace.com as they are a fine and valueable ministry. It was only used as an illustration as to what could be generated financially using this criteria.[/font][/size][/i]

[b]Matthew 10:8b (kjv)[/b] - Freely ye have received, freely give.

2004/4/19 22:09Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Actually, was looking at that the other day and it appears they are now $4.00...

2004/4/19 22:14Profile
moreofHim

Re: wages

Quote:
Freely ye have received, freely give.

Greg, you are a saint! And I mean this honestly.

I have thought many times about this job you do and the Lord's hand in it, your age, etc... It is all a wonderful miracle and testimony.

My family is very honored to help support you. You may never know how many lives you are effecting.

p.s. Don't ever lose this purity and innocence about the faith. It seems to happen to so many Christians as they get older.

Many blessings to you!!!

y.s.i.C.~ Chanin

2004/4/19 22:25Profile
Truthspeaker

Re:

I'd like to see an update on this thread..

I will get around to donating as soon as possible.

2006/2/13 6:54Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy