SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Where does the enemy talk to us? In our thoughts.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
HeartSong

Where does the enemy talk to us? In our thoughts.

1 Samuel 15
[10] Then came the word of the LORD unto Samuel, saying, [11] It repenteth me that I have set up Saul to be king: for he is turned back from following me, and hath not performed my commandments. And it grieved Samuel; and he cried unto the LORD all night. . . . [19] Wherefore then didst thou not obey the voice of the LORD, but didst fly upon the spoil, and didst evil in the sight of the LORD? . . . [22] And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, [i]to obey is better than sacrifice[/i], and to hearken than the fat of rams. [23] [i]For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft[/i], and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. [i]Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king[/i]. [24] And Saul said unto Samuel, I have sinned: for I have transgressed the commandment of the LORD, and thy words: because I feared the people, and obeyed their voice.

1 Samuel 16
[1] And the LORD said unto Samuel, How long wilt thou mourn for Saul, seeing I have rejected him from reigning over Israel? fill thine horn with oil, and go, I will send thee to Jesse the Bethlehemite: for I have provided me a king among his sons. . . . [6] And it came to pass, when they were come, that he looked on Eliab, and said, Surely the LORD's anointed is before him. [7] But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: [i]for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart[/i]. . . . [13] Then Samuel took the horn of oil, and anointed him [David] in the midst of his brethren: and [b]the Spirit of the LORD came upon David[/b] from that day forward. So Samuel rose up, and went to Ramah. [14] But [b]the Spirit of the LORD [u]departed[/u] from Saul[/b], and [b]an [u]evil spirit[/u] [i]from the LORD[/i] troubled him[/b]. [15] And Saul's servants said unto him, Behold now, an evil spirit from God troubleth thee.

1 Samuel 18
[7] And the women answered one another as they played, and said, Saul hath slain his thousands, and David his ten thousands. [8] And Saul was very wroth [angry] , and the saying displeased him; and he said, They have ascribed unto David ten thousands, and to me they have ascribed but thousands: and what can he have more but the kingdom? [9] And Saul eyed David from that day and forward [looked upon him with suspicion – anger, jealousy, hate, murder, fear]. [10] And it came to pass on the morrow, that [b]the [u]evil spirit[/u] [i]from God[/i] came upon Saul[/b], and he prophesied in the midst of the house: and David played with his hand, as at other times: [u]and there was a javelin in Saul's hand[/u]. [11] And Saul cast the javelin; for he said, I will smite David even to the wall [murder David] with it. And David avoided out of his presence twice. [12] [b]And Saul was afraid of David[/b] [spirit of fear], [b][u]because[/u] the LORD was with him[/b] [David][b], and was departed from Saul[/b]. [13] Therefore Saul removed him from him, and made him his captain over a thousand; and he went out and came in before the people. [14] And David behaved himself wisely in all his ways; and the LORD was with him. [15] Wherefore when Saul saw that he behaved himself very wisely, he was afraid of him [spirit of dread]. [16] But all Israel and Judah loved David, because he went out and came in before them. [17] And Saul said to David, Behold my elder daughter Merab, her will I give thee to wife: only be thou valiant for me, and fight the LORD's battles. For Saul said [[color=FF0000]559[/color] - thought], Let not mine hand be upon him, but let the hand of the Philistines be upon him [murdering spirit]. [19] But it came to pass at the time when Merab Saul's daughter should have been given to David, that she was given unto Adriel the Meholathite to wife [lying spirit]. [20] And Michal Saul's daughter loved David: and they told Saul, and the thing pleased him. [21] And Saul said [[color=FF0000]559[/color] - thought], I will give him her, that she may be a snare to him, and that the hand of the Philistines may be against him [deceit, jealousy, muder]. Wherefore Saul said to David, Thou shalt this day be my son in law in the one of the twain. . . . [25] And Saul said, Thus shall ye say to David, The king desireth not any dowry, but an hundred foreskins of the Philistines, to be avenged of the king's enemies. But Saul thought to make David fall by the hand of the Philistines [murder].

1 Samuel 19
[9] And [b]the [u]evil spirit[/u] [i]from the LORD[/i] was upon Saul[/b], [u]as he sat in his house with his javelin in his hand[/u]: and David played with his hand. [10] And Saul sought to smite David even to the wall with the javelin [murdering spirit]: but he slipped away out of Saul's presence, and he smote the javelin into the wall: and David fled, and escaped that night.

(emphasis mine)

[b]Said[/b] - Strong's H[color=FF0000]559[/color] - [i]'amar[/i]
1) [i]to say, speak, utter[/i]
--- a) (Qal) to say, to answer, to say in one's heart, [b]to think[/b], to command, to promise, to intend
--- b) (Niphal) to be told, to be said, to be called
--- c) (Hithpael) to boast, to act proudly
--- d) (Hiphil) to avow, to avouch

2009/2/13 17:58Profile
HeartSong

Re: Where does the enemy talk to us? In our thoughts.

This came from a series on Blood Covenant by Milton Green.
Here are the links:

(Blood Covenant) 1 - Blood Covenant

(Blood Covenant) 2 - Our Covenant With Christ

(Blood Covenant) 3 - Our Covenant With Christ

(Blood Covenant) 4 - The War Against the Covenant

(Blood Covenant) 5 - The War Against The Covenant

(Blood Covenant) 6 - Intercession - THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THIS LINK

(Blood Covenant) The Mark of God or The Mark of the Beast - 1

(Blood Covenant) The Mark of God or The Mark of the Beast - 2

2009/2/13 18:49Profile
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

I think I'm looking over something. Where does the Hebrew word you gave the reference for occur in the passage?

Thanks!

2009/2/13 19:35Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Hi Taylor,

I made them red so that they would be easier to see.

2009/2/13 19:53Profile
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

Oh, OK. Thanks!

Are you aware of any English Bibles take the "thought" translation?

2009/2/13 20:07Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Here are a few that I checked out:

1 Samuel 18:17 (New International Version)
 17 Saul said to David, "Here is my older daughter Merab. I will give her to you in marriage; only serve me bravely and fight the battles of the LORD." For Saul [color=990000]said to himself[/color], "I will not raise a hand against him. Let the Philistines do that!"

1 Samuel 18:17 (New American Standard Bible)
 17Then Saul said to David, "(A)Here is my older daughter Merab; I will give her to you as a wife, only be a valiant man for me and fight (B)the LORD'S battles " For Saul [color=990000]thought[/color], "My hand shall not be against him, but (C)let the hand of the Philistines be against him."

1 Samuel 18:17 (The Message)
 17 One day Saul said to David, "Here is Merab, my eldest daughter. I want to give her to you as your wife. Be brave and bold for my sake. Fight God's battles!" But all the time Saul [color=990000]was thinking[/color], "The Philistines will kill him for me. I won't have to lift a hand against him."

1 Samuel 18:17 (Amplified Bible)
17Saul said to David, My elder daughter Merab I will give you as wife; only serve me courageously and fight the Lord's battles. For Saul [color=990000]thought[/color], Let not my hand, but the Philistines' hand, be upon him.

1 Samuel 18:17 (New Living Translation)
David Marries Saul’s Daughter
 17 One day Saul said to David, “I am ready to give you my older daughter, Merab, as your wife. But first you must prove yourself to be a real warrior by fighting the Lord’s battles.” For Saul [color=990000]thought[/color], “I’ll send him out against the Philistines and let them kill him rather than doing it myself.”

2009/2/13 21:02Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Hi everyone.

Heartsong, I think that I have had some experiences on both sides of this.

I remember when I lived in Baltimore and was first going out to share the Gospel how I was leaving one day to do that and had a Bible in my hands and a man stopped to talk to me and how, even though he said he was a believer he was saying things like nobody wants to hear that anymore and about it being a waste of time.

It reminded me later of what I think Ray Comfort calls 'memos from Hell' and some of the experiences he shared of people saying discouraging things right before he was going to preach or deciding if he should or not.

Later, when we first moved here, I had met another Christian and he told me of a place and time where food was given to the homeless and we had talked some about getting together there to preach or spread the Gospel. We even went together one time so I could see where it was at and what it was like.

Then another time I went there myself and had been thinking about trying to preach there. I took a seat on the ground while the people were eating their food and was just observing things when this woman that was sitting nearby eating got up... and started preaching! But get this, it was in a mocking way! She was going on about different things, almost as though she was mocking preachers that preached on tithes and at one point she threw some food(part of a donut I think) and it came near me!

The people she was sitting with before seemed like they were in disbelief and later were asking her what got into her?

One day I decided to go on a walk and pray which is something I like to do. As I was heading back home and walking and praying, I noticed a man walking on the other side of the street. Nothing unusual, except he was carrying a baseball bat. Then, he says from across the street to me 'if you keep that up you're going to grow wings' or something very similar. But he was also talking to himself and saying things which sounded vulgar.

[b]In no way[/b] do I mean to share these things to suggest we ought to be afraid or any such thing. I hope that the stories might be edifying. If not may God take away anything that is not of him.

I have thought from time to time recently about walking in the Armor of God.

2009/2/13 22:12Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

I forgot one of the most recent things,

I had been downtown shairng the Gospel and talking to people. I distinctly remember talking to many people about being born again.

Later, when I got to the train station, I noticed two men sitting on one of the benches talking loudly. I noticed them especially because they were talking about the Bible. They also seemed to be drunk. When the train arrived we all got on and they took a seat in the same car I did. They continued their conversation and then one of them started talking to the other about how someone named Chris wants them to be born again. He kept saying this to the other one and it almost seemed like it was in a mocking way.

My name happens to be Chris also and maybe it was just a coincidence. At some point they realised they had gotten on the wrong train, though and had to get off. They were supposed to be on the train to Trenton, heading back to New York.

2009/2/13 22:25Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Brother Chris,

Praise the Lord that you are in the midst of the battle! You are on the front lines in the midst of the attack. The enemy knows that you are against them and will do anything and everything in their power to destroy you.

But... they are not covered by His blood as you are.

As believers, once we join the battle, the REAL battle of souls, the demons take notice. Expect to be attacked. Expect for your family to be attacked. Expect to be attacked from your unbeliving friends, family, co-workers and even some of the infiltrators in the church. Remember that the Lord says...

[u][b]Matthew 6:23-24 (NKJV)[/b][/u]

22 Blessed are you when men hate you,
And when they exclude you,
And revile you, and cast out your name as evil,
For the Son of Man’s sake.
23 Rejoice in that day and leap for joy!
For indeed your reward is great in heaven,
For in like manner their fathers did to the prophets.

[u][b]John 15:18-21 (NKJV)[/b][/u]

18 “If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. 19 If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. 20 Remember the word that I said to you, ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will keep yours also. 21 But all these things they will do to you for My name’s sake, because they do not know Him who sent Me.

[u][b]Matthew 10:22 (NKJV)[/b][/u]

22 And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But he who endures to the end will be saved.

Bless you my brother and be assured that your name does not go unnoticed by the enemy. Rejoice that the Lord hears your prayers, and He accepts them. The enemy has no such good fortune.

[u][b]Pslam 6:8-10 (NKJV)[/b][/u]

8 Depart from me, all you workers of iniquity;
For the LORD has heard the voice of my weeping.
9 The LORD has heard my supplication;
The LORD will receive my prayer.
10 Let all my enemies be ashamed and greatly troubled;
Let them turn back and be ashamed suddenly.

2009/2/13 23:32Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Miccah, thank you for the encouragement brother!!

Very much appreciated.

2009/2/13 23:59Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy