SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : To All Slaves; The Apostle Paul

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
alan4jc

Cache Valley, Utah

To All Slaves; The Apostle Paul

1 Paul and Timothy, slaves of Jesus Christ, To all the saints in Christ Jesus who are in Philippi, with the bishops and deacons: 2 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

3 I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, 4 always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy, 5 for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now, 6 being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;

7 just as it is right for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart, inasmuch as both in my chains and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel, you all are partakers with me of grace. 8 For God is my witness, how greatly I long for you all with the affection of Jesus Christ.

9 And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment, 10 that you may approve the things that are excellent, that you may be sincere and without offense till the day of Christ, 11 being filled with the fruits of righteousness which are by Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.

As I read this last night it spoke to me very deeply. Paul and Timothy's love for all the Saints and their longing together for them. My encouragement came also from considering whether I could interject my name in place of Pauls and address it to the Saints here on Sermonindex or to the all the Saints in all the churches around my area where I live. May we see together the riches of our inheritance together in Christ Jesus.

Blessings; Alan

2009/2/12 12:15Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: To All Slaves; The Apostle Paul

doulos-- a bond-servant by his own choice and
will because he is devoted to His Master,
because he desires to honor and serve His
Master, because he loves His Master very much !!

2009/2/12 13:48Profile
alan4jc

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

Το λεξικό βρήκε 1 λέξη.
The Ancient Greek dictionary found 1 word.

δούλος ο = slave
doulos o

This is very important however not the purpose of my original post.

Blessings; Alan

2009/2/12 16:05Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy