SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : different religion

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
shy1

different religion

can a christian be in love with a catholic is that considered sin?

2009/2/11 13:32Profile

Re: different religion

If this Catholic person adheres to the teachings of the Catholic Church, and depends upon the institutions of the Catholic Church for salvation (i.e. baptism for salvation, partaking of the eucharist, confession to a priest for prescribed pennance), and has not had a genuine born again experience with Jesus Christ where God regenerated their heart, and sealed them with the Holy Spirit... then that person is not a Christian.

If you have come to Biblical salvation then you are a Christian.

In such a case then yes, you would most definately be out of the will and commands of God... which is sin.

Scripture says:

[b]2 Corinthians 6:14[/b] [i]Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?[/i]

You need to break off this relationship. Do not keep the relationship going hoping that you will lead this person to Christ. That has a failure rate of about 110%.

You need to obey Christ's commands and break it off. If you choose to disobey His commands then you need to take a look and see if perhaps you may not be in the faith yourself.

Jesus comes first.

Krispy

2009/2/11 14:06
shy1

Re:

thanks KrispyKrittr

2009/2/11 18:03Profile
Dountoothers

Northamptonshire, UK

Re: different religion

Hi 'shy1'!
As this is the welcome and intro section I guess you are new....if so WELCOME!!!!
I see from your profile you love the Lord and want to give your all for Him...may He bless you!

Regarding your question; it can't surely be a sin to love someone and although not all catholics have a personal relationship with the Lord neither do all evangelicals, baptists or pentecostals.
If you put the Lord first always and choose as your husband one who loves Him as much as you do you will do well. Be encouraged! God will show you if this man is truly belonging to Him and whether it would be good to marry him or not....He wants the best for you.

Your sister in Christ, Gwen

2009/2/11 19:09Profile
shy1

Re:

thank u Gwen for those encouraging words i will keep them in mind.

2009/2/11 22:17Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy