SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Entire Sanctification

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
jlosinski

North Pole, Alaska

Re:

Hi wayne,
Just as I had feared, I misunderstood what your motivations were for posting, and seemed to build on my presuppositions. Sorry about that. i did appreciate what you wrote in your posts:

"I'm learning to stand on the promises in the two passages I've quoted, with good results. What I have learned so far is that my walk with God is strongest when I am focused on Christ rather than my own performance."

I have experienced the same as well, resting in Christ and trusting Him to conform me to Himself. Our sanctification is an outworking of our communion with God, we serve God according to knowlege, and implicit with that is a growing knowlege of what He hates and what He loves.

2009/2/11 23:33Profile

Re:

Quote:
1.God sees his children pure and holy because Christ stands in thier place. Justification

2. God's children are being made holy by the power of the Spirit. Sanctification

3. God Children will be sinless and pure when Christ returns. glorification

Amen... thats where I stand. And thats where the Bible stands.

Krispy

2009/2/12 8:18
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

After a time of prayer and fasting God opened my eyes to see that in me that there was a system of evil that goes down into the deepest part of my being. That this system causes you to be who you are. This system is so wrapped up in you that you think it is you.

Do we find this mentioned in scripture

Rom 7v 14-23 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. For I know that in me dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

Paul became aware of this system. Where he cries Romans 7 v 24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

Here is a man who says he is still in bondage even though he is a Child of God and wants to please God he finds that in him he has not got the ability to do it. He is living a defeated life still under the control of sin. Forgiven, Righteous, Justified but still in bondage because of that system.

I find in my life since that time of prayer and fasting that I am being brought to a point of surrender and that God is working in me to bring me to the point of absolute surrender .

For me it all started when I had enough of church and walked out. I as I walked out I prayed and told God that I was not going back to church, I told him that I believed everything he had spoken to me but I don't know how he was going to it. When I stopped praying this is what I heard in my heart. "You'll be just like Job" that was not what I was wanting to hear.

Seven years later I get virus that causes your skin to break out in blisters. What was the words that came back to my mind "You'll be just like Job". That is how I get to this time of fasting and prayer that I told you about earlier.

God at that time didn't just show me what was in me but that he had also through Duncan Campbell testimony that there was a cure for the removal of the beast that was in me. This was how became aware of what Duncan Campbell calls the second blessing.

Know at the time I was reading Job a lot as you can imagine to get to know this man a bit better. In reading Job I saw what God said about Job and that he was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.

But I read in Job 42v5 I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.

Job declares that he had heard about God but know he says he can see God. God purifed Jobs heart. So even though God called this man perfect, upright and that he feared God, and eschewed evil that his heart was not pure.

This second work is a work where God mortifys the sinful nature and you will have a pure heart. What the Holy Spirit does is to give the victory. "If ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live" (Romans 8:13). It is He who, when the heart is opened wide to receive Him, comes in and reigns there, and mortifies the deeds of the body, day by day, hour by hour, and moment by moment.

When the Holy Spirit is in your purfied heart you will then have the strength to resist the temptation to sin. You'll live a life of victory in Jesus where he is in you and you in him and that Jesus is all and all where your old defeated live has been exchanged for a life of victory in Jesus.

0 wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord

2009/2/12 13:39Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Inbred sin appears again in Ephesians 4v22 "That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts." Here is an exhortation not to sinners, but to a church. Certain expressions in this Epistle show beyond all question the spiritual condition of the members of the church. Paul says that they were "quickened" who had been "dead in trespasses and in sins;" that they were once "afar off," but were now "made nigh by the blood of Christ;" that they were no more strangers and foreigners, but "fellow-citizens with the saints and of the household of God." Still again he tells them to forgive one another "even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you," and a few verses after that states: "Ye were sometime darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light."

These expressions undoubtedly declare the saved condition of the people to whom the apostle wrote. And yet to these who were "forgiven" and "light in the Lord" and "of the household of God" he writes: "Put off the old man."

Could anything be plainer? Does not the reader see that something dark and evil is left in the heart of the regenerated man? That this something which is here called the "old man" is not to be pardoned, but taken away, put off, removed.

Titus 3v5 He saved us by the washing of regeneration, and the renewing of the Holy Ghost which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour.

Salvation is seen to be a double work
1.washing of regeneration
2.renewing of the Holy Ghost

That is what Entire Sanctification is.

I will tell you what heresy is that purity comes by growth in grace. This teaching seen at a glance, uncrowns Christ, robs him of his glory of sanctifying the Church as mentioned in Ephesians, and transforms what is recognized in the Bible as a divine work into a mere development.

It is true that the Bible says, "Grow in grace;" but let the reader mark that it says "in grace." It does not say grow up to or into grace.

The "old man" quietly watches the growing brother, then the "old man" shakes the religious timber and underbrush and says: "I am in here, and you must not forget it."

2009/2/12 21:39Profile
run2win

USA

Re:

quote: It is true that the Bible says, "Grow in grace;" but let the reader mark that it says "in grace." It does not say grow up to or into grace.

Not to disagree as regards grace, but for the Christian there is a process of maturation or perfection as God works to conform us to the image of His Son (Rom8:29). There is a birth, then an infancy (Paul addresses this clearly in 1Cor3:1-1), a childhood (note how many times John uses the phrase "little children"), and all the stages of maturing in our faith. (See 1John2:12-14)

As to sanctification it is entirely the work of God as we walk in the Spirit (see preceding verses in 1Thess 5):

1Thess5:23 "And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ."

That word "wholly" is compounded of two words in the Greek. It means: completely-entirely; sound in every part" Martin Luther translated it "through and through." Vine's says the essence of what it means in this passage is: "Every grace present in Christ should be manifested in the believer." Praise be to God!

Sanctification is the continual process of separating and separating us unto Himself, until there is less and less of us and more and more of Him, so we can say with John the Baptist: "He must increase, but I must decrease."

2009/2/13 13:23Profile
death2self

Washington DC area

Re:

Entire sanctification is one of the great truths of scripture that has been obfuscated by the modern church. I would encourage you to read this book by a dear brother and Pastor named Jim Kerwin. He's a dear brother in Christ and here's the link:[url=http://www.finestofthewheat.org/Jim_Kerwin/The_Rejected_Blessing.php]The Rejected Blessing[/url]. Brother Greg posted his book on SI in 2007 [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=11554&forum=40&6]On SI[/url].

Here's a three part interview with Pastor Kerwin and my pastor: [url=http://www.finestofthewheat.org/Audio/Jim_Kerwin/Rejected_Blessing_Interviews.php]The Rejected Blessing Interview[/url].

This is something that Jesus does and it's not by hard work or trying harder. The blood of Jesus has the power to set the human heart free from sin and not to live in rebellion to God. What many fail to realize, and I've been one of these folks most of my life, fail to realize how they maintain ownership of their life, yet claim to be followers of Christ.

Keep on pressing in and ask the Holy Spirit to unfold this precious truth to your heart!

2009/2/13 17:05Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Thank you for the encouragement Death2self

I tried looking for this book The Rejected Blessing someone did supply me with a link to me but it was broken.

I have not seen a teaching so strongly resisted. When I was at the the SI conference in Greenock I asked this question to the Q+A panel. Can we have revival without Entire Sanctification. When the question was read out there was a Ohhhh from the congregation. The first man just laughed and said on I will have to wait until heaven for this. The fact of the matter there is a Move of God coming and this Holiness teaching that has been rejected will be at the heart of it.

As for myself I had never heard of it until that time of fasting and prayer and it was the Holy Spirit that led me to it. I fully convinced that I will post on here in the future that the Holy Spirit has done this work in me. What he is doing right know is teaching me and that is building my faith.

You have hit on the key of obataining the blessing in your post.

Quote:
What many fail to realize, and I've been one of these folks most of my life, fail to realize how they maintain ownership of their life, yet claim to be followers of Christ.

The blessing comes through a complete and total surrender of yourself to God.

2009/2/16 9:37Profile

REAL FREEDOM IN CHRIST!

Please read REAL FREEDOM IN CHRIST!

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=27472&forum=35

2009/2/16 9:41
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re: REAL FREEDOM IN CHRIST!

Dear FreeCD I think your stance is that you don't believe in this second work of grace or are opposed to it in some way.

But I have heard from heaven in this matter and God has spoke to my heart and I believe him. I had never heard of this blessing before and had no view of the matter. No man told me about this blessing, I was not taught about it from a pulpit for good or bad.

But one thing I notice that the majority of the men who have on your web site FreeCD claimed to have experienced this work of Holiness in there life. I can't say all because I have not seen all there testimonies but I have seen the majority.

I would encourage you to pray strongly about truly finding out the truth about Holiness and the second work of grace. As I said earlier it was no man that led me to the this truth but the Holy Spirit and because of that I can stand strong in what God has shown me.

Colin

2009/2/16 11:23Profile

Re: Entire Sanctification

Perhaps this has been discussed and if so I apologize. I understand conceptually in Hebrews where it says 'do not harden your heart' in unbelief like the Israelites who would not accept the promised land by faith. They focused on the giants in the land and not the promis of God. Now I understood this to mean, in my own subjective opinion, that Christ represented the promised land and the giants could represent my sin or my temptation to sin. It says God rested on the seventh day so the Son could complete his work for Him as an example for us to do the same. He rested from His works on the sixth day. This would make Christ "lord of the Sabbath" or lord of our rest if you will. But even in this understanding, I struggle.

1John says that if we say we are without sin we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. How does this verse jive with entire sanctification in terms of mortification of sin? I would think that if sin is mortified, it no longer exists, yet John states otherwise.

2009/2/16 12:31

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy