SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Attributes of Jesus

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

The Attributes of Jesus

I'm in the Gospel of John, and I was praying and thinking about the Attributes of Jesus, and how to distill them into one word attributes, and the first three I came up with are:

[b]Compassionate[/b]

[b]Loving[/b]

[b]Sinless[/b]

could you all help me, and add to this?

Just of if you feel led.........

2009/2/10 8:59

Re: The Attributes of Jesus

Quote:

There do meet in Jesus Christ infinite highness and infinite condescension

There meet in Jesus Christ, infinite justice and infinite grace.

In the person of Christ do meet together infinite glory and lowest humility

In the person of Christ do meet together infinite majesty and transcendent meekness

There meet in the person of Christ the deepest reverence towards God and equality with God

There are conjoined in the person of Christ infinite worthiness of good, and the greatest patience under sufferings of evil

In the person of Christ are conjoined an exceeding spirit of obedience, with supreme dominion over heaven and earth

In the person of Christ are conjoined absolute sovereignty and perfect resignation

In Christ do meet together self-sufficiency, and an entire trust and reliance on God

This is taken from a Jonathon Edwards sermon that was preached during the great awakening, called The Excellency Of Christ. I highly recommend this along with Edwards others sermons preached during the awakening as well.

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/index.php?view=article&aid=3383]http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/index.php?view=article&aid=3383[/url]

In Christ - Jim

2009/2/10 9:38

Re: The Attributes of Jesus

[b]Faithful

True

Righteous

[/b]

(Rev. 19)

2009/2/12 12:57
anirudh

Re:

Hi re roniya