SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Let's remember our goal

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Let's remember our goal

"Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous: Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing. For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile: Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it."
(1 Peter 3:8~11)

Let's be resolute: to see God's glory fall in these lands around us. We know the truth, we've heard the depth of preaching, we've heard the call to surrender our lives to Christ. Personal and corporate revival/awakenings is our goal in God... let's not lose sight of this, but hold fast to what brought us together in the first place. This is why we're here: to encourage each other in Christ. Let's be there for the other in heart and in our prayers, counting the other better than ourselves, let's bear each other up in Christ. These are hard times... and we know they're going to get harder; we need each other's prayers and support.
Let's forget our differences (doctrinal or otherwise!) each of us are on our own journey in Christ, but we all need to walk together, having one united desire: to see Christ glorified through and in His body. If we are focused on reaching out to our brothers and sisters on this site, there would be no room for division or discord, only the compassion of Christ. This is my prayer for us all.

2009/2/8 12:01
MaryJane

Re: Let's remember our goal

Sacrificing Our Own Agendas

“When we sacrifice our own agendas and come into mutual submission to Him and one another, we demonstrate the spirit of a servant. Too many among us are driven by our own agendas and not His agenda.” T. Tenney

Hi
Just read this and thought it fit very nicely with what you shared.

God Bless
Maryjane

2009/2/8 15:19Profile

Re:

Thanks, Mary Jane! Yes, it's true... to demonstrate the spirit of a servant is something that goes against our nature and the world's principles. The world operates on a different level to the way we should as followers of Jesus. In the world, we are encouraged to think of ourselves... to put ourselves and our own interest first, but in Christ, we are called to sacrifice our own agendas and interest, to take up our cross and to follow in the footsteps of Christ... Jesus came to be a servant, to lay down His life for us.

May God bless you!

Joy

"Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!
It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments;
As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life for evermore." (Psalm 133)

2009/2/9 7:07

Quote:
Let's forget our differences (doctrinal or otherwise!) each of us are on our own journey in Christ, but we all need to walk together, having one united desire: to see Christ glorified through and in His body.

I agree with this statement, and I dont agree with this statement. False doctrine has so infiltrated Christendom that we do need to hold fast to sound doctrine, just as Paul [b]commanded[/b] us to thru the inspiration of Holy Spirit.

Some doctrines, yes, we can disagree with and still be united. But some doctrine we can not be united. What does light and darkness have to do with one another?

We need to be careful in our desire to be united that we dont go the way of the wicked ecumenical movement. A Catholic priest is not my brother. A homosexual Anglican pastor is not my brother. A Word Of Faith TV preacher is not my brother. We have no unity because they do not believe the truth of the Word of God.

Krispy

2009/2/9 8:07
MaryJane

Re:

Krispy wrote: We need to be careful in our desire to be united that we dont go the way of the wicked ecumenical movement. A Catholic priest is not my brother. A homosexual Anglican pastor is not my brother. A Word Of Faith TV preacher is not my brother. We have no unity because they do not believe the truth of the Word of God.

I agree with all that you wrote here.

God Bless
MJ

2009/2/9 10:43Profile

Re:

Krispy,

I don't understand why you have found fault with what I was saying. If you look at the heart of my post... Look at my first post in this thread~
We need to be united in our goal to see revival, we need to be united in our goal to encourage each other on in the Lord. I was not talking about starting an ecumenical movement, or uniting with those who are obviously don't have a heart for revival and are going wayward in doctrine that define Christianity! I'm refering to ourselves on this site, who have heard the call, the teaching of the likes of washer, daniel, ravenhill, etc and are on here with one purpose: to see God's glorious movement within ourselves, personally, and within His body.
For instance, when I was at the revival conference, in Greenock, I was so touched by the fact that people were drawn with one goal: to see revival. We put aside our doctrinal differences and persuasions (ie, charasmatics praised with strict evangelicals,) and were there united to see revival.

I was really pleased to see what God had done in your heart and life over the last few weeks!

God bless!

2009/2/9 12:24

Re:

You said:

Quote:
Let's forget our differences (doctrinal or otherwise!)

All I did is point out that we can not go to extremes with this, and since it is such a major problem in todays "church" it is a very timely and accurate statement for me to make.

I wasnt fault finding. I did say that I agreed and I disagreed. But you ignored that and went straight to accusing me a fault finding.

Try and find the heart of what [b]I[/b] was saying too, ok?

God bless you too, brother.

Krispy

2009/2/9 13:13

Joy,

amen and amen. That is a Heaven sent prayer, and I thank you. (on an earthly note, and possibly a God reminder, I should go out today and buy a very simple printer, so as I can take a prayer such as yours, and when I am in engaged in secret prayer ministry to spread it out before me)

I should have been at Grennock, I did not have the funds, but more importantly, I did not have....I'm searching for the correct word, I didnt have the annointing, for fear that an unclean hand should "steady the ark".

We know, that God the Father, Jesus the Son and the Holy Ghost are everywhere, but for some reason, the UK, England, Scotland, Wales, all come into my heart when I think of revival, because two men, two vessels of God have bolstered me in this regard, Evan Roberts and Duncan Campbell, reading of how God used them, and I personally feel led to three places, for whatever purpose God has in store for me, and I am but a lowly servant, those three places are Scotland, Wisconsin and North Korea, which I can assure as God is faithful, you will see a powerful Move of God in North Korea, that is a heavensent Jesus Revival in North Korea, and in my life, God has taught me two other languages besides english, one is Hebrew, as a child, and the other is Korean as a young adult.

Your post lifted my spirit, to which I thank you and send my love in Jesus' Name, neil

2009/2/9 13:21

Re:

Krispy,

I'm sorry I've misunderstood. I agree with the 'heart' of what you're saying. :)

God bless!
Your sister in Christ,
Joy

2009/2/9 13:34

Re:

Natan4Jesus,
Thanks so much for uplifting my spirit also!
I recommend a visit to the hebrides, the scenery there will really inspire you and, generally, the scottish people are so open and friendly. Quite a few of us got to share our faith whilst we were in Greenock.
It would be lovely for you to use your linguistic talents for Christ, and I pray that, as the Lord wills, He will give you this opportunity in the future!

Your sister in Jesus,
Joy

2009/2/9 13:45

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy