SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : unforgivable sin?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
rreighe

unforgivable sin?

"I assure you that any sin can be forgiven, including blasphemy; but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven. It is an eternal sin." He told them this because they were saying he had an evil spirit.
Mark 3:28-29 NLT

"But when you are praying, first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against, so that your Father in heaven will forgive your sins, too."
Mark 11:25 NLT

Nothing can ever separate us from his love…
Romans 8:38 NLT

i am tired so i will elaborate later. but i dont get it.

from what i understand is that that one sin will not be forgiven ever. please help me understand that.

2009/2/8 1:21Profile
HeartSong

Re: unforgivable sin?

(John - Part 35): The Unpardonable Sin - What it is, What it is Not
[i]by A.W. Tozer[/i]

2009/2/8 2:06Profile
Jimotheus

Re:

Grace, peace, and love be multiplied:

I believe the Lord Jesus was as perspicuous about this subject as anyone can be. It is astounding that the plain statements of scripture seem to hold no authority with many of us who profess to be Christians. When it comes to this subject, the difficulty is not in the fact that Jesus wasn't crystal clear on what he said. Oftentimes the difficulty is in a false predisposition that comes from certian theological traditions already excepted in the mind as being true when in fact are false. This excepted theological sculpturing is then projected upon the word of God so that when the word contradict something previously excepted as truth, people become confused.
Jesus said that the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven. What is blasphemy then? Blasphemy is to speak against, to rail upon, to insult. This is done primarily with our mouths. All you have to do is look at the context, and curcumstances of the passages of scripture where Jesus taught this and you will see for yourself. The Pharisees and the Scribes called the Holy Ghost, Beelzebub and attributed his work to that of Satan. This shall never be forgiven. Those who are guilty of this (even if they call themselves, "Preachers") shall be damned. The Pharisees knowingly spoke against the Holy Ghost and his holy work and they are presently undergoing the vengeance of eternal fire.

2009/2/8 8:21Profile
simonb

Estonia

Re:

Well I am ashamed to say that before I was a christian, I very deliberately verbally blasphemed the holy ghost. And God has forgiven me!

2009/2/8 8:27Profile
rreighe

Re:

oh ok. i need to know when it is time to go to sleep. my mind was not thinking right when i read that becuase it was realy realy late.

so basicly it is saying it is unforgivable if you dont repent and change your ways? ok, that makes more sense.

2009/2/8 18:07Profile
menderofnets

South Yorkshire, UK

Re: unforgivable sin?

Let us think of ourselves with sober judgement, continually testing our attitudes and thoughts to make sure they are firm in Christ, lest we slip and find ourselves on unsure ground, about to fall.

The testimonies of what God has forgiven are amazing. The truth that there is unforgivable sin should be (as if we need one) another reminder that God is supreme. It also shapes our discussions. I've heard a number of 'christian' brothers and sisters accusing others or their actions/particular beliefs of being 'of the devil'. Really, who are we to judge. Let us be careful of what we hold on to, and sure of our own foundations, as we look to the Day.

2009/2/11 3:21Profile
Nav

Re:

Can you share your testimony please

2022/2/1 8:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy