SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Bibles (I need Bibles)

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Bibles (I need Bibles)

I need Bibles.

First, I am wondering about the best place to purchase Bibles. I have it in my heart to buy Bibles first of all for my family and friends and since I am only in my thirties, I hope to and plan on purchasing many throughout my lifetime, if God gives me the time.

So, obviously I would like to be as economical as possible, but at the same time I would like for the people to have something of quality. For now I am looking for English King James Versions. And since I am in Korea, I would also like to give out some Korean translations, whether they include English is another matter.

Recently, someone gave me some Korean Gideon pocket Bibles and they quickly disappeared.

My hope is to always have something to give someone...

...suggestions?

Blessings,
BrianMira

P.S. Does SI support a company of somesort... or would that be an idea...?

If you haven't noticed, the Word is expensive, which ought not be.

2009/2/8 0:37
rreighe

Re: Bibles (I need Bibles)

i am sorry i am not familiar with korian languages or anything along that lines. so i cant help you with that. but what i can help you with is an internet bible

www.biblegateway.com

which has many translations accepted by christians that know what they are doing.

2009/2/8 1:24Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Here is blog with reviews of different bibles,

[url=http://www.bibledesignblog.com/]bibledesignblog[/url]

i am sure you can find some very good ones as a gift. I have found myself maybe putting in the extra dollar for a "nicer" bible is most times worth it if you use your bible a lot. Many of the modern bibles seem to be of less quality and with much use ages start falling out and so on. And buying a new one every year is a bit irritating. My self decided to buy a Cambridge and i have been very satisfyied with that one, quality and function is outstanding, and i hope i am certain that with proper care it will last 20 years or more

here are some of the nicest bibles out there.

[url=http://bibles-direct.com/]R.L Allans[/url]

But it is better to have a Gideons pocket bible that is being used then a 100 dollar bible laying on the shelf. And we can get as much "food" from a 2 dollar paperback bible as we can from a 150 dollar goatskin bible. But I like mine to last, since I find it my bible becomes something i use very much, and bring with me and i write in it mark and so for my self i think it is better maybe put in the extra dollar if one can afford it, in the long run i still think you will save money since you dont have to buy a new one every two or three years. Just my opinion :-)

2009/2/8 2:23Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

here are kjv by the cases and cheap.

[url=http://www.thekjvstore.com/product_list.php?mcid=1&scid=13&sid=d01a55e54290ea2d84e8978d1db4a9a7]thekjvstore[/url]

2009/2/8 5:39Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy