SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : New to this

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Spitfire

New to this

Hello to all. I just stumbled across this site looking for some people who believe there's more to salvation than just praying the "sinner's prayer". Is there anybody out there who believes like Leonard Ravenhill who said he thinks only about two percent of professing Christians are truly born again?

2004/8/3 11:32Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Re: New to this

The Christians who walk in the ways of the Lord are not many.
We thank the Lord for those who are.
We certainly respect the sincerity of Mr. Ravenhill and appreciate what is secured and displayed of his preaching at this site.

A comment to the side: We have a real Spitfire at our aircraft museum a mile away from my home. I go there from time to time to look and admire.
Lars

2004/8/3 11:51Profile
moreofHim

Re: welcome

Hello Dian! I am sorry that I missed your intro- looks like a couple of weeks ago. I don't miss too many. Sounds like you have come to the right place! :-)

Greg (the BMOC) is a big fan of Ravenhill!

Yes, I am still shaking my head at my own conversion and walk thereafter. I have really only recently found a true and surrendered relationship with the Lord in the last few years (even though I said the sinner's prayer when i was 12) At least God has seen me through to get to this stage now. He is so faithful!

In Him, Chanin

2004/8/25 20:08Profile
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

Beyound sinners prayer we all need the Holy Spirit, to be active in our lives. as acts ask have you been filled with the Holy Spirit?

2004/8/25 20:21Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Is there anybody out there who believes like Leonard Ravenhill who said he thinks only about two percent of professing Christians are truly born again?

Hi sister Dian, great to have you on the site, yes I totally believe that only 2% of evangelicals could be born again. The quote originally comes from Sundar Singh from india I believe or perhaps Bahkit Singh. We need to be changed people in this world, truly the body of Christ. Like sister Chanin talked about being absolutely surrendered to God in our lives. I look forward to your participation on the forums and I am sure you will be blessed by the sermons.

"'Someone said we are only human' ONLY HUMAN! can we be filled with the Holy Spirit and be [b]only[/b] human?"
-Leonard Ravenhill

2004/8/25 20:30Profile
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

Re:

Yes Brother Greg only human, but I'll get over it the lord willing and he is!

2004/8/25 22:05Profile
JTM

Hobe Sound, Fl.

Spitfire,

My heart also weeps over the condition of the visible church. The true gospel sets people free from the world, the flesh and the devil, in this life, not heaven someday. I wonder what makes people think that God is able to take care of them (save them completely) in the future someday, but is unable to save them "to the uttermost" (through and through) now?

The banquet feast has been prepared. All thinngs are NOW ready! Every thing that was lost spiritually in The Fall, Jesus Christ, as the second Adam, has "re-captured" as it were, and has made available to us in this age of fulfillment, IF, we will follow Him through the cross. The cross is an instrument of death and is designed to cross-out our old Adam-life that has self on the throne, so Jesus Christ can take over ALL the controls.

But as A.W. Tozer pointed out, even though we have to consent to the cross doing its work in our life, we don't have to hang on it forever. After it has done its work, we will be raised up into newness of life! The eternal life is to begin flowing through us today, and then just keep right on flowing through-out eternity!

If you really think about it, the real Christian life is in Jesus Christ, and we are to yield to His nature and allow Him to live out His life of love through us by the power of the Holy Spirit.

The words of the song, "Oh I have found Him, the Crystal Fountain", can be the testimony of our mouth to this world. And then the world would see the true Jesus once again. They would see His life of agape love, (which is totally self-less and self-giving, as opposed to Adam's nature of self-seeking and self-serving) love walking up and down our streets and throughout this lost and hurting world, in the lives of individual Christians!

If you are interested in reading some good books on the true gospel, please e-mail me at [email protected] and I will send them to you at no charge.

Praise the name of my Lord, Savior and very Life - Jesus Christ!!!
JTM

2004/8/30 18:04Profile
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

Believe on the lord jesus and what he has to say, and all that he has sayed will come about, it's in his word and the truths of those who have gone before. there is a lot of good word truths here.look, listen, learn, love the lord!!!!

2004/8/31 1:25Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy